Skip to content

Report text errors and typos here

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    3471 - Not matching audio and text (string required by MOD which restore NPC).
    hook71[Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    What spell is Spellstrike in the description of Globe of Invulnerability (bg1 26559 ; bg2 8064)? An unused spell?
    EDIT:
    Found it. I didn't manage to find it before because there are three different translations. We must to unify them.
    It would be useful if the tool allows me to search the English strings, @Coriander @JuliusBorisov .
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited August 2017
    rede9 said:

What spell is Spellstrike in the description of Globe of Invulnerability (bg1 26559 ; bg2 8064)? An unused spell?
    EDIT:
    Found it. There are three translations of it so I didn't manage to find it.
    It would be useful if the tool allows me to search the English strings, @Coriander @JuliusBorisov .

When you edit the post and add tags, they don't work. So I quote your comment so that @Coriander sees it.
    rede9[Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    BG1 - 31176; BG2 - 66436 Special VS Charge abilities

PS: @JuliusBorisov Are you going to correct these text errors in 2.4 patch?
    AndreaColombo[Deleted User]hook71
    Does 20866 match with GAELEN10 and 68805 with IRENIC82? The sounds are missing.
    AndreaColombo[Deleted User]hook71
    edited August 2017
    rede9 said:

3471 - Not matching audio and text (string required by MOD which restore NPC).

5264 - 5314 - Matching BG1ee texts are missing.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    The in-game description for the Priest of Tyr uses different phrasing from all three other Cleric kits when it comes to how many times per day they can use their special abilities.

E.g.

Priest of Tyr
    "May cast Divine Favor once per day every 10 levels of the caster (starts at 1st level with one use.)

All other Cleric kits
    "May cast [ability name] once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and one additional use every X levels thereafter."

I suggest that the Priest of Tyr's description be changed to be consistent with the other kits.
    lefreut[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2017
    BG1ee #1918 The matching audio is GENMG12. Does it strike home?
    TEXT - Watch yourself! There's strange magic around that Ardenor. Not like any hobgoblin I ever seen!
    AUDIO - Yeah, mate?

#11750 - Wrong token (BASSILLUS rather than BASSILUS).
    Post edited by rede9 on
    [Deleted User]
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2017
    The singular form of "djinn" is "djinni" in D&D, across all editions (and in islamic folklore as well).

Sources:
    Monstrous Manual 2nd edition, p. 126
    Monster Manual 5th edition, p. 141-142

(Edit: This is for BG1/SoD)

Affected StrRefs ("djinn" should be "djinni" for all of these):

As if that would do any good with that powerful djinn by his side.

Even then, he required the aid of his djinn servant.

With that damned djinn Najim at his side, Baeloth is unstoppable.

After a furious slag, he stepped aside and let his pet djinn bind me.

The roaring crowd, my obedient djinn slave keeping the prisoners in line, the sound of hammer crushing bone—ah, such fond memories!

How did you GET the djinn in the first place?

But I am nothing if not calculatingly cautious, and so I instructed that djinn jerk Najim to grant me a final wish: that I be protected from death.

Oooh! That was a good one! Wait, how is djinn spelled?
    (refers to Str 31907)

I called forth the djinn Nazramu from the Elemental Plane of Air.
    Post edited by Autocrat on
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColombo[Deleted User]hook71
  • IndiraLightfootIndiraLightfoot Member Posts: 29
    This is probably the wrong subforum for this, but there is a Swedish spelling mistake under the categories "Other Languages". One subcategory/subforum reads "Svenskt". It should read "Svenska". I'm 100% certain of this.
    AndreaColombo
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

This is probably the wrong subforum for this, but there is a Swedish spelling mistake under the categories "Other Languages". One subcategory/subforum reads "Svenskt". It should read "Svenska". I'm 100% certain of this.

Thank you! Fixed.
    AndreaColombo
    bg1 12182 - Shield scroll doesn't mention Immunity to Magic Missile.
    AndreaColombo[Deleted User]
    BG2
    There's a typo in both the item name and description of the "Staff of Rynn".

According to the description, the staff is from "Myth Rynn", but the name of the location is actually "Myth Rhynn". It follows that the name of the item should also be "Staff of Rhynn".

The location name is also correctly given as "Myth Rhynn" in StrRefs 1044, 1116, 1120, 3716, 5814, 6836, 7002, 16331, 23474, 23513, 39576, 55313, 56582, 57914, 57958, 59010, 61362, 97342, 97343 (some of these refer to the "Rhynn Lanthorn", a McGuffin from Myth Rhynn that leads the PC to Suldanessellar).

Sources:
    Lands of Intrigue (Tethyr), p. 65
    Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3E), p. 296

Affected StrRefs ("Rynn" should be "Rhynn"):

Staff of Rynn +4

There was a time when magic was distrusted even more so than now, and the burning of "heretics" was woefully common. Delmarey, a witch from the swamplands near Myth Rynn, faced just such a fate when she was blamed for an unseasonable drought.
    AndreaColombo[Deleted User]Raduzielhook71
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Autocrat
    I have already reported this - it looks fixed in the 2.5 beta.
    [Deleted User]rede9JuliusBorisov
    The name of the item "Zios Studded Necklace" contains a typo. The name of the gemstone is "ziose", as evidenced in other Realms sources, but also in StrRefs 7125 and 15828.

Affected StrRefs in BG1:
    Studded Necklace with Zios Gems

Affected StrRefs in BG2:
    Zios Studded Necklace
    [Deleted User]hook71Aedanrede9
    edited December 2017
    The Thac0 string of the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise is 10332 (To Hit) rather their name; beside it doesn't work with Rasaad (I continue to have +0 with and without).
    Post edited by rede9 on
    [Deleted User]AndreaColombo
    edited December 2017
    I used Wand of Paralyzation on a bear and string 1280 appeared: You don't remember Aldeth's brother, most interesting.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I have found a couple of spelling issues in PST:EE, but I'm not certain if this is intended style or needs to be fixed.

Strref 30734:
    "I passed my Administrator exam just recently, and have achieved the status of an 'A9,' a research consultant in the Hall of Records, one of the many aides specializing in Sigil's physical laws and history. I research topics and laws of interest to others. It is quite fascinating, really..."

Strref 30754:
    He continues: "It reaches a peak, called *peak,* then fades until the Sigil is completely dark, called *anti-peak.* The source of luminescence is unknown, but it is most likely the Lady's will."

There are many more instances where punctuation is included in quotes. I'll post more when it's confirmed to be a typo.
    [Deleted User]
    edited December 2017
    In American English it is typical to include punctuation within quotation marks. Back in the day, American English was chosen as the standard for BG:EE and BGII:EE; not sure what the plan is wrt PST:EE though.
    [Deleted User]argent77
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndreaColomboargent77
    edited December 2017

In American English it is typical to include punctuation within quotation marks.

Wow. I would never understood that. I use: «“,‘,’,”» like {[()]}. Actually English quotation marks '' must die; it's a drudgery to study Logic with them.

Back in the day, American English was chosen as the standard for BG:EE and BGII:EE; not sure what the plan is wrt PST:EE though.

Oh, now I see why the orthographic corrector always ask me to replace armor (which is missing even on my dictionary) with armour.

[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FWIW, I like American English better than British ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndreaColombo
    edited December 2017
    26258 - Insect Plague - Wrong order.
    Sphere: Combat
    Level: 5

26216 - Poison spell hasn't got any Sphere.
    BG1 12197-26015; IWD 12197-36516; BG2 12197
    Strength spell and Strength scroll say Range: Touch, but it is wrong.
    [Deleted User]AndreaColombo
    edited January 2018
    BG 10340 - The Dale's Protector are called Missile Adjustment on the Thac0 Panel.
    BG 10332 - Legacy of The Masters are called To Hit on the Thac0 Panel.
    @JuliusBorisov Do you want unite the three last messages?
    AndreaColomboAedan[Deleted User]
  • __Q____Q__ Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2018
    I've found a few in BG2:

- When you kick Keldorn out of the party, you can say "We'll meet there if have need of your services." It should say "if I have."

- Delon, the kid in Athkatla who gives you the Umar Hills quest, says "Everyone is terrible frightened." It should say "terribly."

- Elence Fielding, a merchant in Umar Hills, says "so goods are spare." It should say "sparse."

- During the Viconia romance, she says "it is not words I am familiar with." It should say "they are."

- Also during the Viconia romance (and this one is pretty funny), she says "My mother wished me to recant, to prostate myself before the Spider Queen and beg for forgiveness." It should say "prostrate."
    Post edited by __Q__ on
    rede9AndreaColombohook71[Deleted User]
    Among spells that are dispelled by Breach there is: Protection Circle. What is it? A paper game reference? It should be removed.
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.