Skip to content

How to have children and not go insane...

Comments

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Out of solidarity, I ended up minding an action-oriented four-year old of a friend for three days a few weeks back.

I thought it was an isolating, intimidating and frankly a rather mind-dumbing exhortation.

So...

Chapter four:

"Know what you want and can handle, or apply contraception blithe to the social pressure of having children."

Chapter five:

"If you have proven your worth though that "jump from the lion's head" - biology, those binding hormones, hopefully good social network (which above would have, imagine this, included ... me) and true love will see you through."
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I had to drag my cousin's ~8-year-old son away from the playground by the arm just so he could go home--and when I let him go in the hopes that he would come quietly, he made a break for it and I had to grab him and keep dragging him. He was alternately on the verge of crying and on the verge of giggling, so I'm not even sure if the crying was real. He was okay when we got inside, though.

I don't know what parenting lessons should be gleaned from that.

The kids (three brothers) used to be a lot more trouble than they are now. Maybe it's because they're getting older or maybe they're just getting better at absorbing the family culture, but they're growing increasingly sweet. They say nice things about each other a lot.
    ThacoBellmlneveseJuliusBorisovmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    It's overrated otherwise. Soon you will develop some form of meditation stance like the elves has.
    JuliusBorisovmlneveseRaduziel
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    lolien said:

Quarrelling is love. Quarrelling is life. Embrace the quarrell. Be the Quarrell yourselves. Just never search for reason.

*Every* single day :)
    lolienThacoBellZaghoulmashedtaters
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Raduziel said:

Apparently the trick is to have a baby that sleeps like a rock.

Since my daughter was born (28/06, 0905, GMT -3) she cried only twice and we had to change her diapers only five times. She learn to take the breast really quickly and the little girl likes to sleep.

Looks like borning is a very strenuous task.

Don't get too used to it! ;)
    mlneveseThacoBellmashedtaterslolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Balrog99 said:

Raduziel said:

Apparently the trick is to have a baby that sleeps like a rock.

Since my daughter was born (28/06, 0905, GMT -3) she cried only twice and we had to change her diapers only five times. She learn to take the breast really quickly and the little girl likes to sleep.

Looks like borning is a very strenuous task.

Don't get too used to it! ;)
    Should we spoil it for him? :)
    ThacoBellmashedtaterslolien