Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Alesia_BH Thanks! :)
    JuliusBorisovAlesia_BH
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Enuhal said:@Wise_Grimwald You can still split up duos by going to a place you never intend to return to and boot one of the duo out of the party, then leave before the "do you really want me to go?"-conversation triggers. Just send the party member you want to leave behind away from your party leader, so you have enough time to leave before they can get to you to start the conversation, and then exit the area forever. I just tested this with Minsc and Dynaheir.

Thanks. I'll try it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Raduziel said:

@Alesia_BH Thanks! :)

I hope it helped. I think I could have done a better job, honestly, but I also think you may have enough there to get started

If you have specific questions, just let me know.

Enjoy!

Best,

A.
    JuliusBorisovRaduziellolien
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Beastmasters are awesome even in LoB+SCS no-reload runs and with all the tactics we he have formulated in the LoB+SCS challenge thread they should be more than capable reaching Melissan at the Throne of Bhaal. I stopped mine in SoA as i got a bit bored. However: As i described earlier Beastmasters can also beat SoD without any troubles - especially with racial enemy demonic/fell to smack Big B into the ground. The only class that really needs more effort is so far the Wizard Slayer. His limitations abandons a lot of cheese so we have created another sub-challenge called the "Bane of the Wizard Slayer". @Alesia_BH would be most welcome - as well others. ;)
    Alesia_BHJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited January 2018
    I appreciate the invite, but I'm way too much of a potion junky to mess with a wizard slayer! :p

I'll definitely check out your thread, though. Thanks for the link!

Cheers,

A.
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited January 2018
    (And I see you ran a bounty hunter, @Harpagornis I'm reading that ASAP!)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2018
    (I spent some time with the LoB+SCS thread. It's amazing how much you can learn when you embed yourself in a community and grow together. Y'all have made excellent progress. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up! Looking forward to it!)
    StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddesslolien
    Yuppers. It looks like a renaissance.

Great work, everyone!

Best,

A.
    Grond0HarpagornisAerakarlolien
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the notes, a few words. The IR/ SR installation is really interesting but I would suggest caution with the new & improved demons Aasim has added to SR. Their improved stats & abilities simply shredded my mid-level party- e.g. no save death by holy word!

I didn't like the HLAs as innates component as I found all opposing mages started to do the same things each battle, in general I find HLAs to be unbalancing though. I would prefer to reduce enemy levels & item drops as well as the absurd quest xp rewards so the challenge is more linear over the game and players ascend in the low-mid 20s.

I remember reading the same about Ascension Mel's demon summoning, it should vary by difficulty...?
    ArctodusEnuhalJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Yeah, I concur that IR/SR demons are nasty beings. I tried to tackle Irenicus in Hell with a team without hla (well, I add two among my six characters, but nothing gamechanging like a Planetar) and it didn't go too well. The demons vorpaled 3 of my characters after having stripped them of their buffs with a volley of Dispels. There's no Spell Immunity in SR, there's only Dispelling Screen, which absorbs 1 Dispel before vanishing. Tactically, it's super interesting, but it's also really dangerous. It's a winnable fight obviously, but you'll need careful preparation. Going blind in this setup is really dangerous !
    semiticgoddessEnuhalJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited February 2018
    At the Carnival Master Mehmel wanted some material to make more artistic items so I took him an ivory tooth from the sirene area. He was happy with that. However I am wondering if there are other materials that we wants, and if so where from. I think that this is from a mod but don't know which. There is nothing in the journal to give a title to look up on the web. I have already done a search using "Master Mehmel" and was unsuccessful. :(
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: I usually look up stuff in Near Infinity when I get stuck. The search function will let you find Mehmel's .cre file, which will have his dialogue file listed. Go through his dialogue file and there should be triggers and actions listed beneath every dialogue line. So, one of the "triggers" might say that the player needs to have item X in order to choose that dialogue option, and one of Mehmel's response lines would include an action that says to create item Y in the player's inventory.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited February 2018
    I was looking at the video of arriving at the bandit camp and wondered what this creature is supposed to be. I've wondered for a long time and only just thought to ask. To me it looks half-hyena and half-human.

semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehr
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    It’s a gnoll
    PantalionAerakarJuliusBorisovlolien
    To me it looks like the artist got lazy with the shading on its leg.

Justified, though, since the viewer's eye goes straight to the heavily detailed head. I just think it's interesting to see the individual strokes behind the creation of a work of art.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2018
    Aren't those pants?

What bugs me in the video is that the original one never suggested who was being led into the camp. Captives? New recruits? The party? You had imagination to fill in the blanks. But in the EE it is less open to various interpretation.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    lroumen said:

Aren't those pants?

What bugs me in the video is that the original one never suggested who was being led into the camp. Captives? New recruits? The party? You had imagination to fill in the blanks. But in the EE it is less open to various interpretation.

I thought it was

the guy in the boss tent who was caught as a spy

edited February 2018
    @tbone1

I thought it was

the PC.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    See. There you go. In the original there are no chains, in the revisited one there are. That narrows down interpretation.

But anyway, I'm off topic so I'll drop it :)
    edited February 2018
    I have a major problem. My PC has been polymorphed into a squirrel. I have tried dispell magic and remove curse. Neither of them work. I therefore went to the temple of Helm in Nashkel but don't seem to be able to solve the problem. I also tried resting a few times. Any ideas anyone?
    edited February 2018

@Wise_Grimwald: It might depend on the source of the polymorph, but enabling the console and holding CTRL-T will rapidly advance time, which should be enough to cycle through several days and force it to expire.

Alternatively, you can hit your character with CTRL-R, which removes all temporary effects and dispels magically created weapons.

If all else fails, use the Cloak of the Wolf to polymorph into a wolf, which will override the squirrel polymorph and give you the "Shapeshift Natural Form" ability as an innate spell.

The source of the polymorph was a spell from a mage in the Stone of Askavar mod. The Cloak of the wolf which in my install is Rieltar's Mistake does nothing. She is still a squirrel. However the revert to natural form did work. Thanks. I was beginning to think that it was game over. What I can't understand is why "Dispell Magic" and the "Change form to wolf" didn't work. Fortunately, I still had the cloak. It's the first time that I have found any use for it. :)

StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddesslolien
    I believe it's theoretically possible for a mod-introduced polymorph spell to be truly permanent if it's improperly coded. It definitely possible to make it permanent if you went out of your way to prevent the player from reverting to normal. But if you ever do get in that situation, EEKeeper can allow you to manually remove both temporary and permanent effects from any character, no matter their type or their source.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited February 2018
    After using the Cloak of the Wolf, my strength appears to be fixed at 3. :(
    Seems like a job for EE Keeper. It worked! :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Gate70 and I came across this in a MP run not long ago Wise. We tried a number of methods to cure it and used the Cloak of the Sewers in the same way as you used the Cloak of the Wolf to successfully get human form back. There seemed no way to cure the loss of strength, but that could be overcome by using items or spells. Before we had decided whether we wanted to do that for a whole run, however, the effect ended - so it does seem to be temporary.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
    Grond0 said:Gate70 and I came across this in a MP run not long ago Wise. We tried a number of methods to cure it and used the Cloak of the Sewers in the same way as you used the Cloak of the Wolf to successfully get human form back. There seemed no way to cure the loss of strength, but that could be overcome by using items or spells. Before we had decided whether we wanted to do that for a whole run, however, the effect ended - so it does seem to be temporary.

I'm glad to hear it. I'm beginning to wonder if it works on real time as my party had slept several times before resorting to EE Keeper.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0lolien
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Had some fun this week messing around with the Valen NPC (a pity she hasn't been updated) and playing evil in vanilla. It really gives the game a unique feel when you are perpetually rep 1 and being hounded by the guards, can't even rely on temples (they don't like vampires!), and all the shopkeepers are going hostile. While Valen is rather overpowered as an NPC in some respects, in other respects the way she forces you to be an outcast changes the game in ways which few other npcs ever do. The main purpose of my mini-run was to get in some more practice vs. Kreso's SCS with SR build and this was certainly achieved! I never really go that evil so much of the dialogue was new to me as well. At one point my sorcerer character simply bashed the brains in of a commoner to get to safety from some chasing guards... I made the mistake of going too evil too early and not relying on invisibility sphere to get around, but I think it will make for an interesting rpg challenge in the future to go rep 1 the whole way in a no-reload and unleash demons on the unsuspecting populace at every opportunity... Anyone done anything similar and had success while using SCS etc.?
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien