Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

Did you know that when your enemy charms your enemy, when the charm ends your enemy becomes your friend?

Which enemy? the enemy that charms your enemy, or the enemy that was charmed?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Did you know that when your enemy charms your enemy, when the charm ends your enemy becomes your friend?

Which enemy? the enemy that charms your enemy, or the enemy that was charmed?
    What if you charm the enemy that charmed the enemy that you charmed? I think their brain should explode at that point...
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882

Oh yeah, about that encounter. In non-EE all 3 turn into greater dopples but it was nerfed in EE to 1 greater 2 standards.

BUT if you cause the death of fake gorion/tethyr without triggering the encounter (invisible, going from behind) they will all revert to the old 3 greaters

apparently this only works with fake gorion, thethoril will still turn into a normal one no matter what. my bad

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    did you know I'm an idiot for not realizing a Rod of Ressurection is basically Durlag's Goblet v2.0?
  • CheckmateSandersonCheckmateSanderson Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2018
    The BG1NPC mod has a nice Easter Egg for Imoen; if you have her "force talk" herself she will spout random comments. My personal favourite is when she asks for a cookie :smiley:

EDIT: Actually it may be from another mod. She's just made a reference to Cespenar, :D
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The description for Lower Resistance in Icewind Dale 2 is incorrect: the spell works no matter how high the target's spell resistance is, and it lowers the target's SR by 2 points for every level, instead of one point for every 2 levels. Some critters are immune to it, such as golems, but a single Lower Resistance spell should make almost any high-SR target vulnerable to spells.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

I have read many times that it doesn't make sense to go above 100 in Find Traps. I thought that there was simply no trap with find/disarm difficulty higher than 100. Well, I just found it. It is at the entrance to Sendai's enclave - find difficulty 80, disarm difficulty 110! Sure, you can always use potions and items but that's never mentioned in those guides.

Granted, but even for that, there's no reason to invest additional thief points if you've already got someone at 100. After all, if you're at Sendai's enclave, then you've already cleared out Yaga-Shura's temple, and the Amulet of the Master Harper will put your thief over the top for that.

Also, I'm quite certain that one of the traps on a container in Deirex's Tower can't be disarmed with only 100 points, although I'm not sure what score is needed for that one.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Well, thats awesome. I do remember IWD2 having a lot of attention to detail, like NPCs reacting to the more exotic races, but I didn't know it went that far. God, I wish IWD2EE was possible.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

If we’re doing to discuss IWD2, did you all know that if you carry the corpses of a man, woman and cat all the way to the endgame and have a sufficient Intimidate score, you get to see one of the most hilarious dialogue sequences in the game?

Alternatively, you don’t even have to have all three, you just lose the chance to skip a fight. Any combination (e.g. man + woman, man + cat, cat only) has its own unique line from the PC. The writers put a lot of effort into their little joke.

Please post dialogue for us :)