Skip to content

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Fiora suddenly realizes that she is the only one left in the inn*

"Aw, that's what I get for skipping dinner last night.*

*She dashes out of the inn, tossing quick thanks to the staff for the rooms and food*
    Skatanlolienmashedtaters[Deleted User]
    *Fiora blushes* "Uh, sorry about that."
    Skatanmashedtaters[Deleted User]
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited May 2018
    Thanks @lolien!

Vaga stands up, faces Kaled and bows subtly as a recognition of the gift. He wait patiently.. (well, not really patiently, but at least he is still waiting, especially now that he has a club purchased for him) for the crew to finish their business so that they can finally get out on the road again.

Vaga looks at Guston with amusement.
    mashedtatersThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You can all see now that the blacksmith has stopped working and is currently glaring at Guston.
    mashedtatersSkatanThacoBell[Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    I’m glad you are liking it so far! I’d say you all have enough essential supplies already on you for at least a few more days. I’m making the assumption that you all came here prepared for a long adventure. It also helps keep things moving.

Also, for the sake of not needing a rulebook, I’ll say that the number of spells you can cast per day is equal to your spellcasting stat’s mod. So @lolien can cast 3 of his known spells per day, and @mashedtaters can cast 2.

As for mounts, they’d cost about 3 gp each.
    lolienSkatanThacoBellmashedtaters
    The opening is pretty much finished now, so things will start picking up.
    ThacoBellmashedtaters[Deleted User]
    And so the party made their way through town, Miranda rented some horses from the stable, and you all exited the north gate and followed the narrow dirt path northward. For the first three days, the journey was uneventful. There were some wild beasts along the way that were easily avoided due to Miranda’s magic; she would cast Invisibility whenever something violent came close to the party, and you would all get by them without issue.

On the morning of the fourth day, Miranda stops and gestures for you to do the same. She points to the left of the road and says “There. That’s the caravan.” You look to where she’s pointing, and surely enough, there lies the caravan. Two destroyed wagons lie on their sides, and you can’t see anyone around them.

What do you do?
    mashedtaters[Deleted User]
    "No worries Guston, we just need to teach you how to smile properly"
    *Fiora flashes a warm smile to demonstrate*
    Nimranmashedtaters[Deleted User]
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Guston relays the information back to his companions and says, “Well it looks like we found out what happened to the caravans! Destroyed by some giant creatures and a horrible giant insect of some sort. We’ve done all we can do,” scratch, scratch, scratch.

At a pointed look from Fiora, Guston’s shoulders slump. “...right... well, I guess we probably should look into it a bit deeper... it would only be the thing Chauntea would want, I suppose... who’d ever think that redemption would be so damning...

“I guess I’ll ‘go right’ with the naked dwarf and we can take a closer look... come along, Vaga, and let’s see what we can salvage... perhaps there may be some profit in this after all. We may even be able to find you a decent set of breeches, and maybe even a shirt! I know you like to show off those muscles of yours, but it may be cold where we’re going. I doubt whatever made those tracks would have any use for dwarven- and human-sized clothing.”
    NimranThacoBelllolien[Deleted User]
    Miranda dismounts and studies the tracks. After a short while of looking, she says “Well, I’m no tracker, but I’d say about five or six days ago?” She sounds as though she is asking rather than answering. “However, these weird ones here look like they’ve been made no more than two days ago.” She points to the insectoid tracks. “I’m pretty sure about that. But again, I’m not really a tracker.” With that, she shrugs and looks out towards the direction the tracks lead.
    ThacoBelllolien[Deleted User]