Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited October 2015
    Does anyone think there will be any references to the events that happened on Werewolf Island or Durlags Tower?

Not that I'm expecting there to be any, I'm just curious what people are thinking^^
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2015
    batoor said:

Does anyone think there will be any references to the events that happened on Werewolf Island or Durlags Tower?

Not that I'm expecting there to be any, I'm just curious what people are thinking^^

Well, there is going to be ruins of a lost Dwarven city/stronghold, so I hope there is some mention of Durlags legendary past. It'd also bee cool if there were some vengeance-happy clan of werewolf assassins that were dogging(Wolfing) the party!
    Post edited by Skarose on
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Skarose said:

dogging

*childish giggling*
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited October 2015
    Is there some screen footage? I want to use portal key and transfer in the image.
    It seems like a new UI at a bottom of screen.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    elminster said:

They're not even ready to hit the space bar. :(

Perhaps they've merely honed skill over the years to rapidly move their hand and hit the space bar accurately. :)
    Or perhaps an autopause ;)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    wubble said:

Skarose said:

dogging

*childish giggling*
    *casts Facepalm Self*
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    bengoshi said:

elminster said:

They're not even ready to hit the space bar. :(

Perhaps they've merely honed skill over the years to rapidly move their hand and hit the space bar accurately. :)
    Or perhaps an autopause ;)
    I am a huge proponent of autopause settings in the Infinity Engine games.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I think putting 'Soon' on a poster would probably be the path they choose in that regard.
    edited October 2015
    I was reading about the setting of the story and I got wild hunch. What if we get to play with Irenicus in our party?
    edited October 2015
    What if he would be like Yoshimo, calculating and observing out party for some hidden purpose ? And, when the time is right...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @bengoshi Must be inside Dragonspear Castle.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    brus said:

What if he would be like Yoshimo, calculating and observing out party for some hidden purpose ? And, when the time is right...

Well, Yoshimo is hardly as strong as Irenicus. I think one of the main points is that in SoA you only survived because you were just a blip on his radar, leaving him unconcerned until you quickly grew powerful enough to defeat him. If he didn't think you worth his time by the time you went to Brynnlaw then I don't think he did when you were in Baldur's Gate. There are more efficient uses of his time, imho.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    brus said:

... Why would you want to see a repeat of something that already happens in BG2?
    edited October 2015
    shawne said:

... Why would you want to see a repeat of something that already happens in BG2?

It's only a speculation. I'm trying to fit Irenicus in the plot.
    Post edited by brus on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think Irenicus won't show up until very close to the end. And it will be in a cutscene. Charname first sees him when he wakes up in the dungeon, after all.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited October 2015
    What I really hope they don't do is have us fight the Shining Lady only for Irenicus to steal our kill - we can't beat Alorgoth, Szass Tam or Larloch, it'd be nice to have a proper win for once.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I really like the new journal pop-ups when you receive a quest. Reminds me of Pillars of Eternity.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    brus said:

shawne said:

It's only a speculation. I'm trying to fit Irenicus in the plot.
    We already know where he fits in....you get to the bridge where Bhaal died, and BAM! No need for him to appear sooner than that.

@bengoshi @GemHound

I want to be inside my own Castle. But they devs won't let me visit. They claimed that "you haven't been paying the rent etc". And then they wonder why I'm gathering people. I have to siege my own damn castle, just so that I can live in it. For Shame!

Eminent domain applies to fantasy realms now???? Have they no shame????
    @brus while I sympathize with your love for Irenicus (he is a villain with a LEGENDARY presence) I don't think it is feasible or even desirable to include him in the Siege of Dragonspear plot in a major way. As a background figure at the end I think it would be a nice touch, but something more substantial might be a bit too much.