Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    oh, good to hear that. I thought that you can only get it on Steam or from Beamdog it self. Any idea about the time we will have to wait until the SoD appears on GoG after the official release of the expansion?

Cheers
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Last I heard, Beamdog and GOG were "in talks" about the SoD release. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be released there, but who knows. Hopefully it'll be up on the 31st.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2016
    Which class is the dragon from the Siege of Dragonspear title?
    Is it silver or metallic one?

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    If the dragon is Halatathlaer, which would make the most sense, the answer is bronze. An earlier draft of the medal even had a color scheme that was more befitting of that.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    Here's the thing - I want to pre-order but I can't find it on Steam. My version of BGEE is on Steam but my version of BGEE2 was purchased directly from Beamdog and uses a custom launcher. Will I also have to have the Beamdog version of BGEE to use SoD???
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Stormvessel It'll be released on Steam as well but preorder is a Beamdog exclusive right now.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    I got BGEE and BG2EE from steam...so as much as I would love to preorder SoD....I will wait for the steam release for consistency sake, lol.
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Bring it to GOG!!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I may preorder it. The series just doesn't give me the joy and excitement like it used to.
  • VojevodVojevod Member Posts: 10
    Welp, I'm tempted to buy the BG EE saga now with SoD looming over the horizon, but I am not certain if I should pre-order it from Beamdog or just wait for the Steam release. I am curious if there will be a discount bundle on Steam with BGEE, SoD and maybe BG2EE to promote the release?
  • NildarNildar Member Posts: 33
    Vojevod said:

Welp, I'm tempted to buy the BG EE saga now with SoD looming over the horizon, but I am not certain if I should pre-order it from Beamdog or just wait for the Steam release. I am curious if there will be a discount bundle on Steam with BGEE, SoD and maybe BG2EE to promote the release?

This is exactly my predicament at the moment as well! :smile:
    For now I am still waiting though, since I don't want to start playing BG:EE until 2.0 is officially released anyways.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

If Beamdog isnt offering a bundle deal, I highly doubt steam will at launch.

But it doesnt mean there won't be a bundle deal in the near future(a couple of months after launch). I guess it all depends on how badly you want to play it, or how badly you want to support the devs.
    edited March 2016
    Nildar said:

This is exactly my predicament at the moment as well! :smile:
    For now I am still waiting though, since I don't want to start playing BG:EE until 2.0 is officially released anyways.

Patience is a virtue, heh. Can't wait to play it from beginning to end(hopefully with SoD the transition to BG2 will be seamless).
    deltago said:

If Beamdog isnt offering a bundle deal, I highly doubt steam will at launch.

But it doesnt mean there won't be a bundle deal in the near future(a couple of months after launch). I guess it all depends on how badly you want to play it, or how badly you want to support the devs.

To be honest, I'd rather pay a few more euros than wait for a few more months for a better deal.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    One thing you might want to consider: If you buy from Steam now, you can get the beta of the 2.0 update, if you like that sort of thing.
    BillyYank said:

One thing you might want to consider: If you buy from Steam now, you can get the beta of the 2.0 update, if you like that sort of thing.

Is the beta in good shape or are there still some bad bugs?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Vojevod
    It looks magnificent. The amount of improvements is remarkable.
  • DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
    Is there any news on the ETA of the 2.0 patch? Can't wait to begin a new playthrough!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2016
    @DeCrunch The 2.0 patch is in the open-beta. You can read everything about it in the subforum - https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/bg:ee-bgii:ee-2-x-public-beta.

The new build has been released recently, but it's still quite a way, I guess. Join the beta and help to hunt bugs!
    I am actually quite curious about the new character portraits that have been / will be added. I never wanted to "steal" NPC portraits, and most of the extra ones I didn't really like. I don't know if new ones were added with the official EE release (I haven't played the game in 10+ years, but got interested again when I read about SoD), but I keep hearing about new ones now. Yet, I can't find pictures of them anywhere, besides a few possible portraits in "the road to 2.0" topic.

Aren't people allowed to post them or haven't they all been implemented yet (I did read something about the female portraits in the latest 2.0 beta patch notes though)?
    Aedan said:

@Vojevod
    It looks magnificent. The amount of improvements is remarkable.

Well, for what it's worth, I've bought BGEE yesterday and installed the beta build. Call me impressed.

Props to Beamdog for their great work. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2016
    Nildar said:

Aren't people allowed to post them or haven't they all been implemented yet (I did read something about the female portraits in the latest 2.0 beta patch notes though)?

You can find new portraits here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/715948/#Comment_715948. There're 4 of them - 2 for males and 2 for females.

And they're superb!
    Thank you! Those are indeed quite nice for the appropriate classes/races.

I thought there might be a bit more though. Guess I still have to grab some custom ones as well that fit with the style of the vanilla ones :smile: .
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited March 2016
    bengoshi said:

Nildar said:

You can find new portraits here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/715948/#Comment_715948. There're 4 of them - 2 for males and 2 for females.

And they're superb!
    The only one I'm not really fond of is the male on the left. It doesn't quite seem to fit the bg style
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Appears the Collector's Edition badge was just given out for pre-ordering <3
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    That's a big battle at the end. I wonder what are the specs of the machine running that play through? Frame rates looked pretty good.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Messi said:
    It's not loading for me... :/