Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Dynaheir also has some dialogue about how her quest is of a similar type to Minsc's, proving herself to her witch sisters or somesuch.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2015

Dynaheir also has some dialogue about how her quest is of a similar type to Minsc's, proving herself to her witch sisters or somesuch.

There I think she's just talking about their dajemma, which is just a rite of passage where they go out into the world to learn about it. But it's suggested that they were sent to sword coast specifically to investigate the bhaalspawn... and who knows what else. Edwin too, although he obviously abandons his mission quite quick.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Should've known it was Bhaalspawn-related... xD
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Of course, that may only be a part of it. And what was she supposed to do with the bhaalspawn after she finds them? Stop them? Guide them? Use her own discretion? Tell them that putting spikes on their armor isn't really practical?
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    edited January 2015
    Hey Beamdog, can we get in some future Adventure A that is a prequel to BG1 where we are part of a party of young Gorion on a quest to save BG1 charname and Imoen?
    And if we decide to not save them at end you just put a ending animation similar to starting one of BG2 where we fail in our evil plan for BG1 charname and Imoen automatically :D

Or it could be Abdel Adrian and Imoen we save instead of random Bhaalspawn and Imoen.
    Post edited by Torin on
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    So the're hinting Dynaheir always had a interest in Alaundos Prophecy and the Bhaal Spawn? This should be interesting....

I hope they cover her relationship with Edwin.

In BG1 Edwin was interested in her death? Told me not to trust her. Why?
    She is just a witch unless she somehow crossed the Red Wizards and Edwin mission is to kill her. But if your like me and decide to come back for Edwin after rescuing Dynaheir. I hope this all gets covered
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    There should be an 'Adventure W' as well (assuming X is the actual BG1), that covers the youth of a young bhaalspawn in Candlekeep, doing his chores and training hard to become a level 1 adventurer...
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    I always figured that Minsc and Dynaheir travelled to the Western Heartlands at a similar time to Edwin and Semaj. Maybe Edwin and Semaj saw the duo and decided to follow them but got separated during the gnoll ambush :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Maybe Dynaheir is the Bhaal Spawn and Edwin was hired by another spawn to eliminate the threat.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    deltago said:

Maybe Dynaheir is the Bhaal Spawn and Edwin was hired by another spawn to eliminate the threat.

That's a lot of Bhaal. But I think we need to go deeper.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Maybe the squirrel with a ring of luck was a bhaalspawn, and Sarevok killed it the night he killed Gorion because he believed the squirrel was Gorion's ward! How else would CHARNAME be able to escape someone whose only reason for being there was to relentlessly hunt bhaalspawn just by running a short distance south?