Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Bhaal this, Bhaal that. I could never understand why he's always the talk of the town. As if there weren't any other kinds of spawns on the forum. Lately us Ghaunadaurspawns get less and less respected on these forums. Same goes for the poor spawns of Tiamat. Damn... now I feel depressed....

Get back in your corner.
  • Knight12ifyKnight12ify Member Posts: 23
    Can somebody clarify somethings for me. Is Adventure Y a DLC to one of the Enhanced Editions or is it's own standalone game (as in, will I have to have the enhanced editions to play it) and will Adventure Y be the official name (I know it probably isn't, but just want to make sure). Also, is Adventure Z the one with the 3D graphics and is that also a Baldur's Gate game?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Vasculio said:

So the're hinting Dynaheir always had a interest in Alaundos Prophecy and the Bhaal Spawn? This should be interesting....

I hope they cover her relationship with Edwin.

In BG1 Edwin was interested in her death? Told me not to trust her. Why?
    She is just a witch unless she somehow crossed the Red Wizards and Edwin mission is to kill her. But if your like me and decide to come back for Edwin after rescuing Dynaheir. I hope this all gets covered

The Dynaheir-Edwin dynamic is based in Forgotten Realms lore. The Red Wizards of Thay have been at war with Rashemen (and its witches) for many years. I think the implication is Edwin learned somehow of Dynaheir's presence and immediately resolved to kill her since their nations are sworn enemies.

In Rashemen, witches aren't just spellcasters either. They're revered leaders of cities and towns and "witch" is an honorable title. So Edwin would know she isn't just some random wizard if he learned she was using the title witch.

Does that mean Dynaheir will have more acurate hathran abilities in Adventure Y? Some cleric levels at least.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @kcwise Will you stand alone before the fury of his armies?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    kcwise said:

Besides, standalone just sounds badass "When the ravening hordes invade, I stand alone. When the wizards of thay raise their eldritch might against us, I stand alone! When the Realms shake to the pillars of creation, I STAND ALONE!" And then die probably, but being awesome is no guarantee of survival.

Call me a Romantic, but I always felt "we stand together" to be way more inspiring.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I was always inspired by a quote from Richard Sharpe, "Stand you buggers!". A true leader if there ever was one.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Sjerrie said:

Call me a Romantic, but I always felt "we stand together" to be way more inspiring.

True, but I doubt Adventure Y is going to be called a westandtogether adventure. But, if it were, I would definitely buy two copies!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

mlnevese said:

Hmmm... All right everyone here who is NOT a Bhaalspawn please raise your right hand...

All right you two there in the back may leave, the others come with me. There's a witch here who wishes to interview you.....

*raises tentacle*

Bhaal this, Bhaal that. I could never understand why he's always the talk of the town. As if there weren't any other kinds of spawns on the forum. Lately us Ghaunadaurspawns get less and less respected on these forums. Same goes for the poor spawns of Tiamat. Damn... now I feel depressed....

Once the Bhaalspawns have all destroyed one another, the way will be open for us Nooberspawns to rule the Realms once again!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited January 2015

I'm looking forward to checking out adventure Y, but I really hope that it has the following three features:

1. It does *not* assume that the player used the 'canon party' (Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, and Dynaheir) in BG1.

This is what I hope for more than anything. After all, what would be the point of a "transitional" game if it merely exacerbates the same poor transition that already existed?

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I always assumed Viekang was a Bhaalspawn/Nooberspawn... such an annoying power!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    elminster said:

Someone asked on the Steam forums if there will be a Niiber in Adventure Y. Given the existence of Noober in BG1 and Neeber in BG2.

That or maybe Nuuber. :p

Why not both? :)
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    My guess is, your party leaves you at the start to attend to their own business. Then somehow you come into contact with the 'canon' party from BG2, if you're not with them already, while investigating or being told by one of them you need to go investigate a dungeon or something somewhere... but then you come across Irenicus and/or his goons.

It can't really be too expansive, or there'll be a high risk of just creating more continuity problems than you would solve. So maybe most of it will take place in just one large dungeon?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    kcwise said:

Besides, standalone just sounds badass "When the ravening hordes invade, I stand alone. When the wizards of thay raise their eldritch might against us, I stand alone! When the Realms shake to the pillars of creation, I STAND ALONE!" And then die probably, but being awesome is no guarantee of survival.

"It is this, let me tell you—that the strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone."

(quote form An Enemy of the People by H. Ibsen).
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ardanis said:

elminster said:

Someone asked on the Steam forums if there will be a Niiber in Adventure Y. Given the existence of Noober in BG1 and Neeber in BG2.

That or maybe Nuuber. :p

I'm undecided whether I should click "Promote" or "Ban" button...
    Both?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Coutelier said:

My guess is, your party leaves you at the start to attend to their own business. Then somehow you come into contact with the 'canon' party from BG2, if you're not with them already, while investigating or being told by one of them you need to go investigate a dungeon or something somewhere... but then you come across Irenicus and/or his goons.

This is definitely what I believe too. There might be new NPCs (the suspicious goblin is a candidate) but I have doubts it will include more of the old ones than the canon party.

I can't remember exactly, but which besides Dynaheir's was the voice actors they had tweeted about?