Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    procco said:

Grum said:

Will adventure y be released for iphone users?

I don't recall seeing it definitely stated anywhere but I can't imagine it wouldn't be. Considering the engine is more or less the same as the other EE's there'd be no reason to not provide the game to a decent sized chunk of the fan base.
    Of course we'll probably have to wait a week or so after the original launch, unless they pre-submit to Apple. (devs: PLEASE pre-submit to Apple. Pretty please?)
    Well then...fingers crossed!

If not then I'll start a new BG1 run and keep it saved and ready for adventure Y.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Guess l'll have to figure out the payment options in three more days.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Kaliesto said:

Guess l'll have to figure out the payment options in three more days.

They will probably be the same as they are now, as in all payment options available on Beamdog.com, GOG, Steam, and whatever other retailers sell the EE's.
    I hope...I really hope, it is a DLC just like the extra portraits and NPCs that you can get in BG1. No 'new' game on my Iphone, but an add on.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Grum said:

I hope...I really hope, it is a DLC just like the extra portraits and NPCs that you can get in BG1. No 'new' game on my Iphone, but an add on.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a separate game.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Grum said:

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a separate game.
    Yeah, it was already confirmed to be a separate game, not a DLC.
    Well...hmmm...right then.

So I hope that us iphoners are treated well by apple and it gets released for us within the year. :p
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698

NOTE: That was intended as a joke. I'm just a writer and have absolutely no idea what the timeline is for getting various platforms up and running. Honestly, I'm a little vague on what platforms we run on at all. When people ask me, I generally say, "The... computer...?"

Yeah, better be on the safe side.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Davide said:

NOTE: That was intended as a joke. I'm just a writer and have absolutely no idea what the timeline is for getting various platforms up and running. Honestly, I'm a little vague on what platforms we run on at all. When people ask me, I generally say, "The... computer...?"

But, but, I wan't to run the game on my toaster! Can't I? I've read even an old toaster can run BG!

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    elminster said:

Davide said:

But, but, I wan't to run the game on my toaster! Can't I? I've read even an old toaster can run BG!

That depends on the toast you are using. Like...is it 1gb toast or 2gb toast? Also what is its clock speed and/or what is the processing power of the toaster?
    Well, it can fit either 1 or 2 slices of bread, it's clock speed is 3 minutes and it has the power to create crunchy toast with a little brown edge... So can-i-run-it?

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Did you know, that adventure Y , actually is a short story about a matchstick man, standing on his torso without arms and his head..................
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    elminster said:

That depends also on the spread you are going to use. Peanut butter? some type of jam? Maybe some Vegemite? :)

What about those who have cereals. I currently have a bowl that can fit three weetabix. Am I going to be denied a chance to play adventure y if my machine does not have spare milk capacity?
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    elminster said:

That depends on the toast you are using. Like...is it 1gb toast or 2gb toast? Also what is its clock speed and/or what is the processing power of the toaster?

2gb toast sounds huge.. :smiley: My toast is so much bigger than yours!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Anduin said:

elminster said:

That depends also on the spread you are going to use. Peanut butter? some type of jam? Maybe some Vegemite? :)

What about those who have cereals. I currently have a bowl that can fit three weetabix. Am I going to be denied a chance to play adventure y if my machine does not have spare milk capacity?
    That depends. I've heard of Weetabix but it isn't very big in Canada. It also seems to be produced somewhat differently here (a different total mass and a marginally different percentage of fiber vs total mass). This might be like north american electrical plugs vs uk ones. You may need a special adapter for your bowl (or possibly an adapter for your weetabix). Alternatively you could start importing Canadian weetabix, but that would be quite a bit more expensive.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Yannir said:

elminster said:

2gb toast sounds huge.. :smiley: My toast is so much bigger than yours!
    Total toast size is indeed very important in ensuring a positive videogame related dietary outcome.
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2015

Grum said:

So I hope that us iphoners are treated well by apple and it gets released for us within the year.

It's bound to happen within a year. Which year, I couldn't say.

Well, as long as you don't tell them "I think it's a book", it's alright.

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    All right, now I'm officially starting to nervously watch the countdown clock. The plot thickens:)
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    me too ! :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Cerevant yeah I know but I can't help looking at it every few hours:) Even if I know that I can't speed things up:p Time is running too slow.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    whats the link to that clock ?

:wink:

God dammit im exited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

Perhaps instead, the timer is for the start of pre-ordering?

Who knows? After I saw Trent's big arms, I stopped listening XD