Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Project Bear/Sharktrap has been shelved for the time being.

Dammit why isn't it on MY shelf?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2015
    bengoshi said:

THE HYPE!

http://siegeofdragonspear.com finally works

It now shows the IWDEE information but it doesn't matter. The Beamdog logo on that site and the fact the site has started working a day before the countdown's end...

The Siege of Dragonspear is coming!

404 error now. I'm guessing that was unintentional early activation...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

bengoshi said:

THE HYPE!

http://siegeofdragonspear.com finally works

It now shows the IWDEE information but it doesn't matter. The Beamdog logo on that site and the fact the site has started working a day before the countdown's end...

The Siege of Dragonspear is coming!

404 error now. I'm guessing that was unintentional early activation...
    Now it is redirecting to http://www.baldursgate.com/index.en.html, which is the only site redirecting to this specific address, all the other domains are redirected to http://www.baldursgate.com.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

That's a bummer, I was looking forward to seeing another full-fledged RPG from Beamdog. It is the renaissance of the classic top-down tactical RPG, after all.

I'm not complaining, mind you. A completely new Baldur's Gate game is already more than I dared dream of for most of the last decade.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Adul said:

That's a bummer, I was looking forward to seeing another full-fledged RPG from Beamdog.

Then you'll be happy to learn it actually wasn't an RPG. Which isn't to say it wouldn't have been fun, but character interaction was never part of Sharktrap's brief.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Dang! I was hoping for Baldur's Gate: Bearnado!

A party of Wilson, Ursa, that Polar Bear Spirit from Heart of Winter and Boo (who is revealed to be 1/8th bear on his mother's side) on a quest to save Forgotten Realms! They are joined by Neera, who polymorphed herself into a bear in a freak wild surge, as well as Jaheira and Cernd (shape-shifted into bears, of course).
    Cernd shapeshifting into a bear? I don't think so! :p
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    elminster said:

Dang! I was hoping for Baldur's Gate: Bearnado!

A party of Wilson, Ursa, that Polar Bear Spirit from Heart of Winter and Boo (who is revealed to be 1/8th bear on his mother's side) on a quest to save Forgotten Realms! They are joined by Neera, who polymorphed herself into a bear in a freak wild surge, as well as Jaheira and Cernd (shape-shifted into bears, of course).
    Cernd shapeshifting into a bear? I don't think so! :p
    Fine. Werebear. :wink:
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122

Aedan said:

PS: Those arms...!!!

Yeah. My boss is a Terminator.
    Lol, could someone there pass along the STR portion of the Kevin Haw real stats quiz to Trent, so fans can see what 17 or 18/xx STR variable really takes/equates to? http://www.kevinhaw.com/add_quiz.php
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Dee said:

It is Shark Week...

Hah yeah I saw a pop-up the other day on discovery channel asking if I wanted to enter a contest to win a chance to go for a swim with sharks. Nope to the nope
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I would love to experience the revelation when the counter reaches zero, but it'll be at 3 o'clock, in the middle of the Dutch night, I'm already dead tired and have a meeting tomorrow. But at least I'll wake up to breaking news.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Tired as a zombie, so can I become part of your undead army @Anduin? I'm not immune to the sleep spell however. Zzzzzzz
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Casts raise undead on @Son_of_Imoen *

Join me! Join me! The new lord of timer watching!

Undead top tip. Eyelids are a unneeded frivolous flap of skin only cherished by the living. Remove them for continuous timer viewing pleasure!

3 hours.

MWHAHAHA!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    2 hours and counting!!!
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    Can't wait. Although I know it won't happen there is definitely a part of me that hopes the game is released today and not just trailer/pre-order. Although frankly anything on Adventure Y will be awesome.
    edited July 2015
    Nevermind, found it

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    LOL, it's been about a month since i was here, and when i decide to come and see what's up, we have a big reveal coming!

Are we there yet? :p
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Is it just me or did the countdown lose an hour somewhere? When I updated my screen it just jumped from 1h40 to 40 minutes.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    it's just you. We're almost there :smiley:
    33 minutes left
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    30 minutes to go!
    Must. Stay. Awake.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited July 2015
    The stream activated.

Edit: Aaand it's down again.
    Is the logo going to get less blurry or is that just how it looks?
    edited July 2015
    Shin said:

The stream activated.

Edit: Aaand it's down again.

What stream?

Oh.