Skip to content

Come share your odd gaming habits! What do you refuse to do in BG? What wierd ideas do you love?

Comments

• JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2016
    Time to resurrect this thread again in my opinion.

I've recently was thinking about trying a run of this again, and thought how could i make it more interessting.

Then i thought about Alignment specifics.

Lawful Good - Paladin type - Righteous & Moral Deeds, Avoid fights if possible, follow laws, Loyal

Neutral Good - Knight Type - Righteous & Moral Deeds, Avoid fights if possible, break laws if necesary. loyay

Chaotic Good - Rebel Type - Moral Deeds, pick fights, break laws, Inloyal

Lawful Neutral - Soldier Type - Righteous Deeds, Avoid fights if possible, follow laws blindly, loyal

True Neutral - Balance Type - Try to keep balance and try keep out of things not concerning you, inloyal

Chaotic Neutral - Mercenary Type - Pick Fights, Break laws, do deeds just for your own. inloyal

Lawul Evil - Warlord Type - Righteous & Immoral Deeds, Follow Laws, avoid fights, loyal

Neutral Evil - Warrior Type - Unrighteous & Immoral Deeds, Break laws for your own, pick fights, inloyal

Chaotic Evil - Raider Type - Unrighteous & Immoral Deeds, Break laws, pick fights, inloyal

Or something like that, some alignment rules to follow, which probably means to lose on some quest and loot, but makes for a more varied experience.

Do you try something similar in your games and how do you do it?

also my previous rules i made earlier in the thread is still active.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Grum said:

For big named items I won't use, I sometimes give them away. Such as Carmosyr.

Who needs Carmosyr when we have Carsomyr? :smiley:
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    I always refuse to kill the cowled wizard for Edwin, and kill Edwin instead, thus cutting the shadow thief quest short just because I play a chaotic good character.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I always refuse to kill the cowled wizard for Edwin, and kill Edwin instead, thus cutting the shadow thief quest short just because I play a chaotic good character.

You what??

Sorry, taking a little time to comprehend that.................how could you? :s

It's not all that difficult if you're quick enough.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

It's not all that difficult if you're quick enough.

He doesn't even know Stoneskin, it's a walkover.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    But what about...the nether scroll?

You will never know it's true power.

I like to keep Edwina as long as possible because that voice is just so well done. I love it
    @mashedtaters I'm going to try that thing in the spoiler warning someday.

But what about...the nether scroll?

You will never know it's true power.

Well, I live in the Nether Lands. And I've explored quite a bunch of Nether Regions. And I just might not care about that Nether Scroll thing. Possibly.
  • AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    My biggest hang up is wands, scrolls and potions. Never use them, end up selling them all the time. Then again, I tend to run magic heavy parties, so those tend to be redundant.
    Last BG:EE run:
    Charname - pure fighter
    Viconia
    Imoen dual mage/thief
    Shar-teel dual ftr/thief
    Neera
    Xan

Sarevok's party got about 8-10 skull traps to the face before they even saw me.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Well, I live in the Nether Lands. And I've explored quite a bunch of Nether Regions. And I just might not care about that Nether Scroll thing. Possibly.

After carelessly exploring a bunch of Nether Regions, you're all-too-likely to have the Nether Scrolls ... but fortunately, they have a pill for that now.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I always always betray Edwin when the other Red Wizard I forgot the name of comes for him. He's so indignant and full of impotent rage when this happens. Betraying Edwin is my raison d'être~
    Kurona said:

I always always betray Edwin when the other Red Wizard I forgot the name of comes for him.

Degardan.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Kurona said:

I always always betray Edwin when the other Red Wizard I forgot the name of comes for him.

Degardan.
    What's in the garden? I bet its Turnips.
    ThacoBell said:

What's in the garden? I bet its Turnips.

Turnips? Are you a sock-puppet for @Anduin's gnomish obsessions?? :smiley:
    Speaking of turnips, when Jan is in my team, he specializes in spells that can help with his thieving skills like, invisibility, knock, find traps etc.
  • AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    Here is one for the ages:
    You spend thousands on an annual overseas trip.
    You spend hundreds on tabletop gaming products.
    You spend hundreds on good food and drink.
    You think things over for days about a $20 computer game on sale...
    Please keep to topic.