Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Gotural said:

You need exactly 57 in Open Locks to open the chest upstairs in the Candlekeep's inn.

Please enlighten me a tell us what's inside the box :D!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Kaigen said:

procco said:

DJKajuru said:

Gotural said:

You need exactly 57 in Open Locks to open the chest upstairs in the Candlekeep's inn.

Please enlighten me a tell us what's inside the box :D!
    It's just some stupid gem worth a free hundred gp. A drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. Yet I cannot pass it up!
    You can convince the nobles downstairs to put more of their jewelry in the box prior to burgling it for even more gold. It gets you off to a solid start in the game.
    Huh. Now THAT I did not know. Do you have to have high Charisma for that? That's usually my dump stat.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

Try casting Clairvoyance in each outside area you come across. It's nice to be able to go to the map and see the entire place. Also...

Did you know that there is an unreachable place on the other side of the river in the ankheg farm area?

Now what did I do to find this out?

You can ctr-j over to it and walk around. That's about all you can do there though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's why I never do it... my only characters with 18 charisma are paladins :)
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @bengoshi These things only apply to multiplayer, it doesn't work in singleplayer I just tried.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

Did you know that if your character (other than charname, of course) dies when she has a right to level up and your raise her, she'll get a maximum HP roll?

Also, did you know that if your character has a right to level up and you click level up, but don't accept the results (because of the bad HP roll), and then this character dies, after you raise her she'll get a maximum HP roll? In other cases, if you don't wait till your character gets enough XP for reaching one more level, the HP roll you took when tried to level her first time will stay intact.

These two things have been found out during the MP session.

These sound like bugs. Have you reported them?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    elminster said:

bengoshi said:

Did you know that if your character (other than charname, of course) dies when she has a right to level up and your raise her, she'll get a maximum HP roll?

Also, did you know that if your character has a right to level up and you click level up, but don't accept the results (because of the bad HP roll), and then this character dies, after you raise her she'll get a maximum HP roll? In other cases, if you don't wait till your character gets enough XP for reaching one more level, the HP roll you took when tried to level her first time will stay intact.

These two things have been found out during the MP session.

These sound like bugs. Have you reported them?
    And now you're teasing me. Should I report a bug that we've liked to exploit so much? :wink:
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited January 2016
    bengoshi said:

The third level of the iron throne mines is supposed to have slaves (gray-tinted beggars) roaming around but presumably due to a bug they rarely spawn at all. I've only seen it once in a dozen playthroughs.

They should be there if on the second level of Cloakwood Mines you rejected to give Rill (the slave next to Yeslick) money (after all, he asks the money exactly for freeing the slaves). I rejected it during my recent evil playthrough and the third level was full of those slaves. Maybe in your dozen playthroughs you majorly act as a goodie? :wink:
    haha, that certainly explains it. I'm a fool.

Never linked both events together. Though bioware shouldn't have bothered in my opinion. there's no way they could have evacuated a few dozens slaves within minutes with bandits roaming every single room and in such a small time lapse (literally enough time for charname to walk a few steps down the stairs...) even if they did bribe the magic invisible doorsman.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Archaos said:

Try casting Clairvoyance in each outside area you come across. It's nice to be able to go to the map and see the entire place.

I actually don't like this "feature". This way you don't know what you have explored and what you haven't.
    You're like. "Wait, have I been here? I don't remember walking to that side of the map."
    I have my mages cast it , even if I metagamely know the area, because it feels quite cool to magically *SEE* the whole area.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Quick question:
    What are a lvl 1 thief's starting values in his abilities? human, no dexterity bonus.