Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    bengoshi said:

If you manage your money right, you can spend the money your character starts with on some staff, so that less than 10 gp is left, go upstairs, open the container, hear the guards have been called, talk to the guard, give him all your money (less than 10 gp), and then open the container again and take everything from there without any alarm. After that you can clear all other containers as well. This way your reputation doesn't suffer and a guard doesn't go hostile. And basically you have all the money.

Or just ignore the fact a guard is coming, continue looting the rest of the containers, then spam Hide until your base skill level succeeds, at which point you can actually shove the guard out of the way to leave via the stairs and he won't notice.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Pantalion said:

spam Hide

Of course :) But not all characters are thieves, or rangers, or monks ;)
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    bengoshi said:

Pantalion said:

spam Hide

Or clerics. Then again, Sanctuary lets clerics loot any container without breaking invisibility so they're never caught in the first place.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Yes that can happen but bear in mind they don't always get the same potions (there's a random element involved for which potions are given out). So next time he may get a giant strength potion...and when he's hasted and superstrong, you'll be wishing he had the Freedom potion!
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    PS: should also add it doesn't just happen there, it happens many times in BG2, e.g. enemy mage pre-buffs Haste and enemy fighter drinks Freedom negating it. Just one of those quirks of the potions component, there's no real logic to which pre-buff potion NPCs drink, they just drink the most powerful. Many a time I've seen NPCs drink Magic Shielding and I find Oil of Speed on their corpse; which would be fine except my PC was a solo berserker or thief :D. It's far from an optimised component.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Pantalion said:

bengoshi said:

Pantalion said:

spam Hide

Or clerics. Then again, Sanctuary lets clerics loot any container without breaking invisibility so they're never caught in the first place.
    I must be doing something wrong. Every time I try to loot with a sanctuaried cleric where I shouldn't be looting, the onlookers go hostile on me. What gives?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    procco said:

Pantalion said:

bengoshi said:

Pantalion said:

spam Hide

I must be doing something wrong. Every time I try to loot with a sanctuaried cleric where I shouldn't be looting, the onlookers go hostile on me. What gives?
    Sounds like a bug.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Tresset said:

@bengoshi there are more of them than that. 4 in total if memory serves...

1. Nashkel carnival merchant.
    2. Elfsong Tavern upper floor merchant.
    3. Nadine quest.
    4. Durlag's Tower slime pool in the slime area.

also the group of red wizards have one iirc
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    simples said:

Tresset said:

@bengoshi there are more of them than that. 4 in total if memory serves...

1. Nashkel carnival merchant.
    2. Elfsong Tavern upper floor merchant.
    3. Nadine quest.
    4. Durlag's Tower slime pool in the slime area.

also the group of red wizards have one iirc
    @simples They have the Ring of Energy but not a Necklace of Missiles.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    @Tresset oh that's right, thanks
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Carsa (the mage with the jar containing Kahrk) has -5 AC (in comparison, Kahrk has -3 AC) and 30% resistance to all physical damage.

Bayard (the guy in Durlag's Tower who warns you that it's a very dangerous place) has 100% magic resistance (in comparison, Drizzt has 98% magic resistance).