Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    procco said:

Try casting Clairvoyance in each outside area you come across. It's nice to be able to go to the map and see the entire place. Also...

Did you know that there is an unreachable place on the other side of the river in the ankheg farm area?

Now what did I do to find this out?

You can ctr-j over to it and walk around. That's about all you can do there though.
    I don't think you can walk around in that area because the land there counts as impassable terrain like the river.

Also, did you know that the Sigil Troupe's "Comedy of Terrors" is a reference to Shakespeare's "Comedy of Errors?" Well, at least the name is.
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    @deltago ahh so he was just pretending he didn't notice his ring had gone missing. Well played Ribald, well played.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    That is indeed the case and it makes the Equaliser an exceptional off-hand weapon, probably even better than Crom Faeyr against CE opponents (since you get a huge damage bonus and immunity to charm and confusion). Yet not many people rank the Equalizer when talking about great offhand weapons (yet everyone mentions Crom Faeyr!).

It is definitely a bug though as the bonus should only apply to attacks with the Equalizer (but then you could argue that Belm and Kundane are also bugged).
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Does that still work in BG2EE? If so I'll use it in my next run (dual wielding blackguard). Thinking of having Blackrazor (boost her strength to 25 and provide the haste) along with Equalizer bonuses. It sounds nasty.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157

That is indeed the case and it makes the Equaliser an exceptional off-hand weapon, probably even better than Crom Faeyr against CE opponents (since you get a huge damage bonus and immunity to charm and confusion). Yet not many people rank the Equalizer when talking about great offhand weapons (yet everyone mentions Crom Faeyr!).

It is definitely a bug though as the bonus should only apply to attacks with the Equalizer (but then you could argue that Belm and Kundane are also bugged).

Not many people rate the Equalizer as a great weapon in general, very much to my surprise. With the vast majority of opponents being CE anyway, it is a superb choice even without it exploiting the off-hand bug.

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    That is too bad. The equalizer pales in comparison to other main hand weapons (celestial fury, flail of ages), but it could have held out against offhanders (crom, Belm, defender of easthaven). Now though? Just doesn't hold up. Too bad...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    bengoshi said:

When at the character creation you choose your race as "gnome", you can see that multiclass options include "fighter/illusionist/thief" and "fighter/illusionist/mage" - too pity that these options are unavailable for gnomes.

Hey, the game, why do you tease me showing an illusionist can be a part of the triple class but not giving me this option? :wink:

interesting, I get no such option, or am I missing something here?

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    sarevok57 said:

deltago said:

deltago said:

If you are stingy at the beginning of the game, you only have to give Fuller one crossbow bolt to get the dagger +1 (or gp).

More precisely, 18 Charisma is needed :)
    hence the gp in brackets.

while talking about charming.

Did you know if you charm the nobleman in Winthdrop's he'll give you 20 gp and his name is Thurston. (you get this information if you charm his wife.)

But if you go upstairs and charm the cyan nobleman and get him to leave, you can rob his chest for 86 gp and a flamedance ring.
    did you know that instead of charming the cyan nobleman and getting him to leave to take his goodies you can just knock him out instead and no one would be the wiser

Yes! I almost always knock him out. That little extra boost to the purse is a big help at the beginning of the game.