Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Ballad said:

mlnevese said:

@Ballad‌ I don't think it was randomly chosen. That's not a stock or public domain photo so the model probably received royalties for the use of her image...

Not randomly chosen? You mean it was commissioned by BioWare?

Alright, I'm being facetious, but seriously, what other alternative is there? I admit that I have no clue of how the process of model selection works in the video game industry, but unless that photograph was deliberately made for BioWare, someone in the house had to randomly come across it and suggest that a portrait be based on it.
    Touché.

I imagine Tiger ( @CameronTofer‌ ) might know something about it, given that he worked in the original games.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @loub is correct. When a model poses for a photo specifically for a photoshoot, the magazine/newspaper or whatever ones the rights to the photo.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    SionIV said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they had an evening with a few drinks, throwing dice at the office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thomas, how is that even possible? I can accept the shitty rolls for Ajantis, but Kagain can't have that low health!"

"Brian, fuck 'em players, they will never notice!"

"Wait Thomas, there is something here in the manual called 'Constitution Bonus'."

"Brian, fuck 'em bonuses, they players will never notice!"

I wonder if this "Thomas" fellow is the same idiot who forgot to give Valygar a personality?

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ I like valyagar....
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I'm unsure where the Mutated Gibberling figures in. If I still had the games on my PC I'd look the little buggers up with Infinity Explorers.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    dustbubsy said:

I'm unsure where the Mutated Gibberling figures in.

They are in the random spawn 2DAs, they mostly spawn at Spellhold 2nd level, and in the Saradush Sewers.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    You'll find three of them in one of the cages in copper coronet arena room.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Did you know...that Firkraag is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT FOR A FIVE-PERSON PARTY TO DEFEAT?

Ah- and some monsters can apparently see through invisibility. Like that annoying lich in the Temple Ruins.
    I did get Firkraag to Near Death, but then someone disappearing-icon died. Why does that happen?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    CrevsDaak said:

SionIV said:

Some aka the most powerful Undead are supposed to be able to see through invisibility.

Just a little correction, we don't want people to think that zombies can see invisible ;)
    What is needed for an undead to see invisibility? How does it work in D&D? A skeleton doesn't have any eyes but do they feel your presence? What about a vampire?
    SionIV said:

abazigal5 said:

Did you know...that Firkraag is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT FOR A FIVE-PERSON PARTY TO DEFEAT?

Ah- and some monsters can apparently see through invisibility. Like that annoying lich in the Temple Ruins.

Undead are supposed to be able to see through invisibility.
    abazigal5 said:

I did get Firkraag to Near Death, but then someone disappearing-icon died. Why does that happen?

You mean that someone in your party died and his icon disappeared? That happens if you're playing on core rules or higher and they get 'chunked' which means that they die permanently.

Chunked : This happens when you deal much more damage than the enemy have health left. If you deal 14 damage to a xvart and it has 4 health, you'll end up blowing it into pieces as you most probably have seen already. This can happen for your party members as well if you play on core or higher difficulty.
    Ohhhhh...

SionIV said:

CrevsDaak said:

SionIV said:

Some aka the most powerful Undead are supposed to be able to see through invisibility.

Just a little correction, we don't want people to think that zombies can see invisible ;)
    What is needed for an undead to see invisibility? How does it work in D&D? A skeleton doesn't have any eyes but do they feel your presence? What about a vampire?
    "I don't make rules, I simply follow them."

I don't even have the least idea, I would say that, from a Lore/RP point of view, everything that is from another Plane should be able to see invisible, as well as all the Undead, but I don't know how D&D handles this.
    Tresset said:

You can get 'chunked' from too much of certain types of elemental damage too. Firkraag's fire breath, for instance, is very good at doing overkill damage. I think the only non physical damage types that can chunk are fire, electricity, and cold. Also missile damage doesn't chunk.

Acid can chunk but it has a Poison-death animation. Try getting Draconis' breath weapon over you :) and you'll see!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    CrevsDaak said:

Acid can chunk but it has a Poison-death animation. Try getting Draconis' breath weapon over you :) and you'll see!

@CrevsDaak‌ I just tried that but I didn't see anything special... What does this animation look like?
    @Tresset‌ insta-fall-to-the-ground, it's the same as if you were killing someone with poison, the creature displays the dead animation but not the dying animation aka automatically fells to the ground.
    Basically, it does not have an animation :P
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    In AD&D all undead could see through illusions unless it was a spell specially designed to affect undead. In Baldur's Gate only the most powerful undead such as liches can do that.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Did you know that the city of Baldur's Gate has more than just one gate? True story.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    If you turn gore off yornparty members do not die permanently by chunking. Can still lose them forever shattering their stone form or with disintegrate
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    CrevsDaak said:

dustbubsy said:

I'm unsure where the Mutated Gibberling figures in.

They are in the random spawn 2DAs, they mostly spawn at Spellhold 2nd level, and in the Saradush Sewers.
    Right. But are they more powerful than the regular Gibb, or weaker? Mutated sounds like it could go both ways..