Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    CrevsDaak said:

There's an Inn next to the the Thieves' Guild. Maybe some already knew, but I've just found out o.0

It's so conveniently situated that it is the one that I use the most. :)
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Arctodus: Combine it with the Wand of Lightning trick, and you should be able to get even higher numbers.
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakProont
    Arctodus said:

That any simple fighter can have more HP than a dragon ? I found a funny exploit I didn't know of while buffing in the elevator before the final fight in SoD. If you drink a potion, save, then reload, your aura is now clear again. That means that, by doing this, you could put all your buffs in a single round, thus maximizing their duration !!

If you drink enough potions of Power, your HP goes through the roof !! The thac0 bonus doesn't stack, but the HP one does. Look at that HP... :D :

I don't know if it's a well known thing, but I think it's pretty cool. Your not tanking dragons anymore, they have to tank you !!!
    Sadly doesn't work if you're playing a no-reload run though. :(
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Well, you're not reloading, you're loading your game !! You don't go back in time, you simply continue from where you left off, albeit only a second later, but still...
    semiticgoddess
    Arctodus said:Well, you're not reloading, you're loading your game !! You don't go back in time, you simply continue from where you left off, albeit only a second later, but still...

I'd be uncomfortable doing it. What other people do is up to them.
    ArctodusCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Arctodus said:

Well, you're not reloading, you're loading your game !! You don't go back in time, you simply continue from where you left off, albeit only a second later, but still...

If I'm not playing no-reload, I do it all the time, but if I am, I just live with my buffs running out and stuff. Honestly it doesn't net you much time, maybe around 30 seconds at best? But anyway, if you cast your buffs starting with the longest-lasting ones you usually win before they ran out (except for a few fights that don't happen in vanilla).
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    CrevsDaak said:

But anyway, if you cast your buffs starting with the longest-lasting ones you usually win before they ran out (except for a few fights that don't happen in vanilla).

Not when you play on LoB... :)
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Arctodus said:

CrevsDaak said:

But anyway, if you cast your buffs starting with the longest-lasting ones you usually win before they ran out (except for a few fights that don't happen in vanilla).

Not when you play on LoB... :)
    Heh, but that never happens. I can't stand LoB for that very same reason. Killing enemies takes too long, and it's very easy to die again and again. It's a wonderful challenge indeed, but it's far more frustrating that no-reloading IMO.
    ArctodussemiticgoddessWise_Grimwald
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

So, I was thinking...

Faldorn: The sanctity of these woods must be preserved.

Jaheira: If a tree falls in the forest, I'LL KILL THE BASTARD WHAT DONE IT!

Who's the real Shadow Druid?

Are we talking BG1 or 2? That changes my answer.
    Montresor_SPProont
    I haven't come across that before.
    I didn't realise that Jaheira couldn't speak English.
    That's a new "did you know" to me.
    Montresor_SP
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Arctodus said:

That any simple fighter can have more HP than a dragon ? I found a funny exploit I didn't know of while buffing in the elevator before the final fight in SoD. If you drink a potion, save, then reload, your aura is now clear again. That means that, by doing this, you could put all your buffs in a single round, thus maximizing their duration !!

If you drink enough potions of Power, your HP goes through the roof !! The thac0 bonus doesn't stack, but the HP one does. Look at that HP... :D :

I don't know if it's a well known thing, but I think it's pretty cool. Your not tanking dragons anymore, they have to tank you !!!
    Does it make the Slayer Form useful for longer period? I forgot the mechanic on how it drains you.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Is that the burning wizard from Beregost Inn?
    Montresor_SPlolienCrevsDaak

If you import Viconia from BGEE to SoD, while she is wearing helm of opposite alignment, she will transfer with the helm equipped, but her alignment will be set to Natural Evil. When you remove the curse, Viconia will be Natural Good all by herself.

I don't think it will work with Dorn since his equipment works differently.

I think that you are confusing Natural with Neutral. Two words that look similar, but which have VERY different meanings. If you believe in "Original Sin" then all mankind is "Natural Evil," but I strongly suspect that you mean Neutral Evil which is completely different. :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

If you import Viconia from BGEE to SoD, while she is wearing helm of opposite alignment, she will transfer with the helm equipped, but her alignment will be set to Natural Evil. When you remove the curse, Viconia will be Natural Good all by herself.

I don't think it will work with Dorn since his equipment works differently.

I think that you are confusing Natural with Neutral. Two words that look similar, but which have VERY different meanings. If you believe in "Original Sin" then all mankind is "Natural Evil," but I strongly suspect that you mean Neutral Evil which is completely different. :)
    Actually according to "original sin" humans are naturally good to begin with, but were corrupted. So still basically good, but with a tendency towards selfish action.
    CrevsDaak