Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Curious. If you somehow do manage to kill Rejiek, there's another ending to the Skinner Murders quest; Lieutenant Aegisfield (or, if he's dead, Chief Inspector Brega) gives you the reward, with additional dialogue about Rejiek being dead. Also, depending on your dialogue options with Aegisfield (though not with Brega) you can actually lose a point of reputation for killing Rejiek, because, in Aegisfield's words, "you may not like being known as a brutal bounty hunter".

Geez, what an ingrate. I guess Brega doesn't drop your reputation because he's already seen proof that the regular law enforcement was too incompetent to handle it themselves.
    Short of using the console, I have no idea how you can kill Rijek. I just tried with Imprisonment and the Time Stop + Improved Haste + Mindflayer combo, and neither worked. Is it just me, or is Beamdog trying harder to make sure you can't kill certain NPC's?

Almost anything, including undead and golems, in BG1:EE can be backstabbed.

Pfft, oozes can be backstabbed in BG1:EE.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Well they have no faces, so maybe they are ALL back.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    ThacoBell said:

If that were the case, you'd be able to backstab them from any side.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    OlvynChuru said: ThacoBell said: Abi_Dalzim said: WarChiefZeke said:Almost anything, including undead and golems, in BG1:EE can be backstabbed.

If that were the case, you'd be able to backstab them from any side.

But you can't. To find out where their backs are, you first have to note which direction they are moving. (They move forward)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    My new favorite way to get a game over is to play a shaman and cast Ether Gate on myself while soloing. I go through a portal and then I see the game over screen.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @OlvynChuru That explains something puzzling. I have, rarely, clicked on a map to,move the party, inadvertently clicked an eagle, and it hovered there while I attempted (but failed) to talk to it. I wondered why the game allowed me to interact with an eagle.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    On very old touch versions, interacting with Eagles and Birds was everyday stuff (also, detecting invisible creatures with the "Tab replacement button"). I'm talking about 1.0.2023, pre-1.3 stuff here. You could even cast spells (single-target direct ones like Magic Missile/Blindness) on Eagles/Birds. Other than this I don't remember any other oddities/bugs from this particular version tbh.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited March 2017

Did you know that whether or not you lose reputation for killing someone is dependent on their class? There are certain special NPC classes which lower your reputation if you kill an NPC with the class. These classes include:

INNOCENT
    FLAMING_FIST
    AMNISH_SOLDIER
    CANDLEKEEP_WATCHER

Most commoners are of the INNOCENT class, as you might expect. But do you know who else has that class? Eagles! Yes, the eagles you see in certain wilderness areas are considered to be creatures in the game's files; they aren't simply background elements. Eagle creatures have the INNOCENT class, so if you were somehow able to kill an one, you'd lose reputation just as if you had killed a commoner!

If you kill the Flaming Fist characters between Beregost and Nashkel, you don't lose reputation, presumably because nobody sees you do it.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Did you know that this is my 5,000th comment?

(the other 52 posts are discussions)

You might not get one for that, but you surely deserve another badge :)