Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

SomeSort said:

Invisibility 10' Radius affects everything within its radius, friendly or not. If you have a penchant for casting it a lot and suddenly you can't find an NPC where he or she is supposed to be, make sure you cast "True Sight" before filing a bug report.

Doesn't True Sight only reveal characters who are hostile? Non-hostile "white circle" characters wouldn't be revealed by it, I think.
    Aren't they cyan?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    If you Vigenere encipher CHARNAME using the key BHAAL, you get a perfectly cromulent name of "Doarybte"
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    ThacoBell said:

Ah, there's my daily does of nightmare fuel.

Just don't google "clown+machete"

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I would say Xan, but his bread and butter is warping people's behaviors.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    JoenSo said:

It's kind of interesting to look at characters like Aerie and Nalia and add to their personalities that they have no problem throwing acid in people's face and watch their skull and brain melt into a soggy soup. Or repeatedly kill people by draining the liquid out of their screaming bodies. And Aerie thinks I'm the one who needs to control my bloodthirst.

Show me an experienced spellcaster and I'll show you someone who has done some nasty messed up stuff.

Esp the way at ppl get worked up about chemical warfare these days.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    tbone1 said:

ThacoBell said:

I don't even google "clown". Though my oh so loving wife introduced me to the idea of "spider clowns".
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    ThacoBell said:

tbone1 said:

ThacoBell said:

I don't even google "clown". Though my oh so loving wife introduced me to the idea of "spider clowns".
    You can safely google 'clown knife' though. (It's a type of fish, my ex-brother-in-law loved them.)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    JoenSo said:

It's kind of interesting to look at characters like Aerie and Nalia and add to their personalities that they have no problem throwing acid in people's face and watch their skull and brain melt into a soggy soup. Or repeatedly kill people by draining the liquid out of their screaming bodies. And Aerie thinks I'm the one who needs to control my bloodthirst.

Show me an experienced spellcaster and I'll show you someone who has done some nasty messed up stuff.

Violence is always ugly, I suppose . Let's not forget that minsc cuts people in half with his 2handed sword. That's why D&D has so many monsters, so you can hack and slack without feeling much guilt .
    DJKajuru said:

JoenSo said:

Violence is always ugly, I suppose . Let's not forget that minsc cuts people in half with his 2handed sword. That's why D&D has so many monsters, so you can hack and slack without feeling much guilt .
    Apparently, according to the thread with paladins in sharkville it is still an issue for some paladins.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Zaghoul said:

DJKajuru said:

JoenSo said:

Apparently, according to the thread with paladins in sharkville it is still an issue for some paladins.
    You can also headcanon what most movies do (assassin's creed comes to mind) : deaths are usually clean and quick . An arrow on an enemy guard makes him fall and die, and sword hits go straight to the heart, no arms or heads being chopped off.
    DJKajuru said:

Zaghoul said:

DJKajuru said:

JoenSo said:

You can also headcanon what most movies do (assassin's creed comes to mind) : deaths are usually clean and quick . An arrow on an enemy guard makes him fall and die, and sword hits go straight to the heart, no arms or heads being chopped off.
    Mmm, I did enjoy the Rolemaster system of critical hits, even though combat could often go on WAY to long. Agreed, imagination is quicker.
    @Artemius_I Interesting. I wonder if Viccy changes as well?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    @Artemius_I I noticed that a while ago, although to my annoyance the conversation path that's supposed to lead to his heel turn has never been reliable for me. I'll say that it's a testament to my main motivation for playing TOB being the wrapup to my companion's stories, since I find the main plot hackneyed and sloppily written. Thank god things became more character-driven than ever.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Did you know that there is a theory saying that the Lady of Pain is actually not a single entity. But seven giant squirrels standing on each others shoulders, equipped with a single ring of levitation , and all wearing a huge costume together? It's true!
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Did you know that there is a theory saying that the Lady of Pain is actually not a single entity. But seven giant squirrels standing on each others shoulders, equipped with a single ring of levitation , and all wearing a huge costume together? It's true!

Yeah, I've heard that one before. Didn't know it was a serious theory and not just a joke.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

Wasn't the Nameless One supposed to be the Lady of Pain's former lover or something?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Lady of Pain is probably a manifestation of Ao, makes a lot of sense if ya think about it.

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    DJKajuru said:

Violence is always ugly, I suppose . Let's not forget that minsc cuts people in half with his 2handed sword. That's why D&D has so many monsters, so you can hack and slack without feeling much guilt.

Very true. There's this exhibition in the Swedish history museum here in Stockholm showing the remains of people killed in the battle of Visby. I like this video where Lindybeige visited it. It's like the people in the comments (who usually love to talk about how to best kill someone on a medieval battlefield) suddenly realized just how horrifying this stuff actually is. I still think it's a better way to go than some of the magic deaths though.