Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Did you know you can start with a party of six in Heirs to Skull Crag? I sure didn't.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    A truly diabolical character in NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer can attain the Amulet of Betrayal Personified, an item that gives you a +12 (!!!!!) bonus to all stats in exchange for a hefty save penalty. This requires you to, in the course of the game and in the theme of the adventure as a whole, betray your companions at pivotal moments in the story and kill them by a soul absorption.

I did this with a monk/blackguard/shadowdancer to benefit from all of those stat gains and negate the penalty as well.

Also, completing the game a certain way basically gives you an insta kill ability that IIRC can be exported
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I like monty haul for the most part. But when I play MotB, I intentionally never craft to try and not get too ridiculous.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2017
    The mud golems you find near the sewers is actually a PC name to shit golems.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @elminster I like that old steam engine like logo, reminds me of the limited powers of home computers in the past, even when BG came out.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76

Did you know that slimes only lack intelligence because Lollth turned down Ghaunadaur romantic advances. In a fit of rage Ghaunadaur struck most of them mad and took their intellects. As an unforeseen result, many of these worshipers ceased to exist, which caused the Elder Eye's power to collapse.

I'll be damned any time I read any deity related tidbit it sounds like a soap-opera. There should be enough script for 10,000 posts thread in a soap-opera format.
    Never saw this one, thanks @instructor

Did you know that slimes only lack intelligence because Lollth turned down Ghaunadaur romantic advances. In a fit of rage Ghaunadaur struck most of them mad and took their intellects. As an unforeseen result, many of these worshipers ceased to exist, which caused the Elder Eye's power to collapse.

@SmilingSword Yes siree, reading that very same thing somewhere, gave me the background for an oozemaster druid. And THAT is why the oozmaster shall use his bhaal-given powers to assume the mantle that PROPERLY treats his follows and restores the lost intelligence that their irresponsible god caused by his temper tantrum.
    The way shall be found to reverse that act with the aid of fellow oozemaster druids,brethren still sympathetic to their plight. The worshipers are there, they just need to be re-awakened. WE shall also draw the intelligent slimes n oozes, the larger ones that kept their int. into the fold. The power vacuum exists.
    (Using the way of the weasel of course, Ghaunadaur is still a big man (ooze) on campus.)

Now, dadburnit, where in the heck is my slithering tracker familiar?

Developing backgrounds can be fun, hehheh.

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Juiblex is still my favorite Ooze ^-^ how many oozes part-time as demon lords
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited April 2017

I'll be damned any time I read any deity related tidbit it sounds like a soap-opera. There should be enough script for 10,000 posts thread in a soap-opera format.
    I thought Ghanadaur was supposed to be a lovecraftian alien deity and behave accordingly. The nerve!
    Post edited by DJKajuru on

Juiblex is still my favorite Ooze ^-^ how many oozes part-time as demon lords

AND at least, as far as I know, he doesn't go nuclear on his own followers of slimes and oozes, some descriptions even going as far to suggest they are smarter in his immediate vicinity.

For pure alien creatures, the Shoggoths and Shub-Niggurath of Cthulhu mythology always seemed quite fearsome slimers in the old 1st ed Deities and Demigods book, esp. having read Lovecraft's works.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    This thread should definitely have a spoiler tag on the title. Anyway, I discovered, after having played through the Mortuary like 20 times over the years, that if you can convince Soeego you are visiting the deceased, the Dustmen will still accost you, but will let you go with a warning.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited April 2017
    procco said:

This thread should definitely have a spoiler tag on the title. Anyway, I discovered, after having played through the Mortuary like 20 times over the years, that if you can convince Soeego you are visiting the deceased, the Dustmen will still accost you, but will let you go with a warning.

The title itself is a spoiler warning. :D
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Too be fair, previously this thread was pretty much only about BG and some IWD.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    mlnevese said:

Both the title and the section are warnings this thread has spoilers. General Discussions is not a spoiler-free section of the forum.

You're right! I always jump straight to the "recent discussions" list so never noticed that. Carry on, good people.

Did you know the very first container in the game is trapped? The trap doesn't seem to do anything. You can still disarm it for 25XP though.

Only in EE. In vanilla or Tutu there is no trap. It came as quite a surprise to me when I first played EE.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Yeah, I suspected it was an EE "feature" given that I don't remember it either.
    edited April 2017
    elminster said:

Did you know the very first container in the game is trapped? The trap doesn't seem to do anything. You can still disarm it for 25XP though.

Only in EE. In vanilla or Tutu there is no trap. It came as quite a surprise to me when I first played EE.

Yeah, I suspected it was an EE "feature" given that I don't remember it either.

Nope
    That has surprised me. Is that Vanilla?
    I probably just bashed it open without realising it as I certyainly don't remember it. You live and learn.
    It must have become more obvious in some way in EE.