Skip to content

Politics. The feel in your country.

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    mf2112 said:

@mashedtaters Please stop with the false equivalency. I never said there weren't racists in the democratic party but the actual openly avowed racists openly supported Trump all throughout the campaign and are planning a victory parade in North Carolina. theweek.com/speedreads/661379/kkk-planned-trump-victory-rally-north-carolina

I disagree that they are false equivalencies. I just do. Killing anyone because you hate their race is different than your own is bad no matter what party you support.

@mashedtaters That's true, but I sincerely believe that racist ideology and political affiliation are correlated. In other words people on the left are less likely to be racist.

And I strongly very disagree with this. I believe both sides are equally as bad on average.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited November 2016

mf2112 said:

@mashedtaters Please stop with the false equivalency. I never said there weren't racists in the democratic party but the actual openly avowed racists openly supported Trump all throughout the campaign and are planning a victory parade in North Carolina. theweek.com/speedreads/661379/kkk-planned-trump-victory-rally-north-carolina

I disagree that they are false equivalencies. I just do. Killing anyone because you hate their race is different than your own is bad no matter what party you support.
    Okay, but almost everyone who who openly advocates that hating on races different than their own voted for one party over the other party. The numbers were not the same on both sides. So they are false equivalencies.
    mf2112 said:

mf2112 said:

Okay, but almost everyone who who openly advocates that hating on races different than their own voted for one party over the other party. The numbers were not the same on both sides. So they are false equivalencies.
    There is no denying that the democrats are certainly louder about trying to get the minority vote. This has been their strategy for many years, and it has often paid off.

But what goes on in a person's heart, and what they do, and say, and believe has absolutely nothing to do with their party affiliation.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited November 2016
    /nm
    Post edited by mf2112 on
    edited November 2016
    Deleted.
    Post edited by mashedtaters on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,749
    It's understandable everyone now has big emotions to share. Let's just remember that when sharing opinions it's better not to go personal.

If someone disagrees with you (and I mean everyone in this discussion), just read, state your disagreement (if you feel you have to) but stop after that.
    @JuliusBorisov
    Very well. I apologize for getting to personal. Post deleted.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    You guys still don't get it. They have been doing this for years. Wake up. Caught red handed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6izexFkN4
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    So does that show Democrats faking protests, or CNN lying to dramatize a real protest?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    "He went to Africa with me as a cameraman" != "that guy works for CNN right now."

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    /me puts on tin foil hat

So does that show Democrats faking protests, or CNN lying to dramatize a real protest?

If you are saying that these Anarchists in the streets are being paid to disrupt peaceful protests, then I agree with your comment. If you're saying that most media outlets are doing things like this to tug at your feels and insight riots, then I agree with your comment.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Or that a field reporter happened to pick someone to interview who at some time in the past worked with a current CNN anchor. My Snopes-junky scepticism asks: How long ago was this Africa trip? Who did they work for at the time? Did this guy ever work for CNN?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @JuliusBorisov I don't know that this discussion is going to get any more productive. The people who voted for Trump are obviously not as concerned about the consequences of the result as those who are frightened for their lives in the aftermath of the election, and telling those people to stop being melodramatic, telling them their peaceful protests (riots are different; most of what's happening is peaceful marches and public assembly, which is protected by the first amendment) are fabricated is only going to make them angrier and more scared than they already are.
    BillyYank said:

Or that a field reporter happened to pick someone to interview who at some time in the past worked with a current CNN anchor. My Snopes-junky scepticism asks: How long ago was this Africa trip? Who did they work for at the time? Did this guy ever work for CNN?

I think it's more likely that the guy saw a reporter and, having worked as a cameraman before, knew that his best chance of getting his message out was to go talk to the reporter.

There's lots of reasonable explanations that don't support conspiracy theories, and very few that point to CNN being a secret mastermind of Chicago's protesters.
    edited November 2016
    Dee said:

BillyYank said:

I think it's more likely that the guy saw a reporter and, having worked as a cameraman before, knew that his best chance of getting his message out was to go talk to the reporter.

There's lots of reasonable explanations that don't support conspiracy theories, and very few that point to CNN being a secret mastermind of Chicago's protesters.
    Your right, every time the media do this it's just a coincidence. They're not trying to sway you in any way.

So I guess the takeover of America by Russia hasn't started yet, but the Democrats said that Russia hacked the US government. That the only way to stop this takeover is to go to war.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited November 2016
    I'm skeptical that CNN is staging fake protests. Those are big events with lots of people participating. It would only take a single person to expose the whole story.

And the media doesn't need to stage stuff to get people's attention anyway. I think we all know that news networks are perfectly capable of talking up a storm even if nothing is happening.

I'm especially skeptical that the Democratic party staged the protests, since the election is already over. They can't get new votes after November 8, no matter how many protests happen.

Also, these protests happened right after Trump's victory, a victory which caught everyone by surprise, including Trump's own team. The Democratic party wouldn't have had time to stage them--you can't organize a mass protest in a few hours. Especially not when you're still reeling from a shocking upset.

Also--and perhaps most importantly of all--if the Democratic party had the liquid funds to pay a bunch of people to protest, why didn't they use that money before the election, when it actually might have helped them?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited November 2016
    The alt right propaganda machine seeks to delegitimize peaceful protests.

One paid guy or actor from the right says lie, that lets the brainwashed dismiss all peaceful protestors
    Look up James O'Keefes tactics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O'Keefe

The alt right propaganda machine seeks to delegitimize peaceful protests.

One paid guy or actor from the right says lie, that lets the brainwashed dismiss all peaceful protestors
    Look up James O'Keefes tactics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O'Keefe

The same can be said about the left and George Soros' groups.

The main thing for people to understand is that Cultural Marxism does not work period. That's what this election was about. Each side tried their best to blur the narrative but the meat and potatoes of it didn't rot away.

Again, I would urge everyone to leave their respected safe spaces and actually see what is going on in the world. The Movement behind Trump (not the man) is what people should be focused on. It's just sad that this Movement of accountability has him as it's spokesperson.
    Can you define Cultural Marxism, please? I can look it up, but I want to know what you mean by it, since it's not a term any of us have been using here.
    Cultural Marxism is when communism goes Super Saiyan. I hope that clarifies it for you.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited November 2016

I think we all need to remember that Trump is NOT a politician. He is and always has been a sexist, racist pig--he was on Howard Stern, frequented the playboy mansion, etc.. He has said things that I assume keep political figures up at night with nightmares about how a politically correct culture and the media would crucify them if they said similar things.

That does NOT mean that he is a fascist bent on destroying people's rights. That is the media talking, and he has never alluded to doing anything of the sort. Lots of the stuff he has said that people take offense to have been blown up way out of proportion by the media or have been taken out of context...which is exactly what they do to every presidential candidate at every election, including to Hillary. This is not new. (This one is the worst, though, because of how much both candidates were so disliked and because of Trump's big, fat mouth.)

Yes, he said he wants to build a wall...a very politically incorrect way of saying he wants immigration reform. Yes, he said he wants to ban muslims...a very politically incorrect way of saying our country needs to respond to immigration and terrorism more efficiently. He said a lot of offensive, horrible things that were politically incorrect, but they were frequently taken out of context and blown out of proportion, including the plan to bring back torture (which we as a nation have already done under the Obama administration, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for allowing it). I think blowing these things up out of proportion is justified, because we need to be aware and careful of returning to a history of hatred of others based on their differences. (Kind of like what is happening now in major cities across the US.)

But comparing the words said within the last few months to the times experienced fifty years ago by victims of the KKK speaks of ignorance, fear, and swallowed propaganda. Comparing Trump to Hitler and the Nazi's is extreme, and is echoing the cries of the dirty campaign tactics used by both sides before the election. It speaks to the spoiled lives the majority of us Americans live, who have never known the true sorrow and helplessness that comes from having your child murdered in front of your eyes by a regime born of insanity. It speaks to our pampered existence that we compare his rudeness and crudeness and ignorant white-man silliness to people who taught their children to beat, torture, and kill black people just because of the color of their skin.

I need to say this because there is too much nonsense right now, and all of us in America need to get our heads out of our a**es. We are the most pampered country in the world, even at our lowest social tiers, and we need to stop this charade of victimization. It is pathetically out of proportion, and if anything makes us look like fools to the rest of the world it is what we are doing and saying on social media and in our cities right now.

I am sorry if I offended anyone here by this, but it needs to be said. We have rights and laws and a constitution that are protected by our wonderful country that prevents someone like Trump from doing the more terrible things the media tells us he will do, unlike many countries in the world. If he does try to do these things, our country will stop him because we are not that county from the past, and no one will tolerate it.

The platforms of Trump's administration will be what @semiticgod said: lower led taxes, reduced regulations, replacing Obamacare, blah, blah, blah, insert republican regular bullcrap here.

Most people did not vote for him because he is a racist (although I am sure there are racist, sexist, anti-LGBT voters on both sides of the fence). Most people voted for him because they believe in his platform. When I stopped swallowing the mainstream media and actually read what his platform is about, I realized that there were a few things I could get behind. One of his proposals is this, which I mentioned in another thread about vegetables:
    He wants to exact term limits on all elected officials to reduce the corruption of our government. Because he is not funded by outside corporate agendas, he doesn't have any deals to prevent him from accomplishing this. We will see if he follows through.
    There are other things in his actual platform, some that I don't agree with and some that I do, but I strongly support this idea.

Let's stop this false victimization and take the time to remember what has brought us here: bloodshed and the destruction of countless lives and families so that we could participate in the commonly withheld privilege to vote in an orange-haired, corporate, sexist, racist, and ultimately silly, reality TV show host. In a democracy you always get what you deserve, and apparently we deserve Trump this election year.

You are completely wrong about Trump. He is exactly as he has revealed himself to be. This story has been written before. You are also wrong about his supporters. They are, AT BEST, tacit supporters of racism and sexual assault. And I want nothing to do with any of them. If I know friends or family members voted for him, I will shun them. If I find out a small business owner supports them, I will never go there again, and make it known I will encourage everyone I know to not give them business.

I predicted over a year ago in this very thread that the Republican Party was going to put this fascist up for their nominee. I was laughed at. I'm here telling you again how wrong you are not to take what Trump said seriously. Mark this post for history if you wish. It will be far worse than any of you imagine.

I predicted over a year ago in this very thread that the Republican Party was going to put this fascist up for their nominee.

So Donald Trump is Italian? Or is he German? Or maybe Japanese, Turkish or Bulgarian?

Do you see how I labelled there.
    edited November 2016

I predicted over a year ago in this very thread that the Republican Party was going to put this fascist up for their nominee.

So Donald Trump is Italian? Or is he German? Or maybe Japanese, Turkish or Bulgarian?

Do you see how I labelled there.
    I suggest you read this book review of a Hitler biography printed just over a month ago in the NYT, in which the reviewer, without once even naming him, but still purposefully, describes Donald Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/books/hitler-ascent-volker-ullrich.html?_r=0

Hitler did not start gassing Jews in 1933. In 1933, he was no more or less an odious figure than Trump is now. As a matter of fact, he only ever got 33% of Germans to vote for him and the Nazi Party in a legitimate election. Which is far, far less a percentage than just voted for Donald Trump.

I also have no real interest in having a debate with you, or your ideas. I know that's what you crave, and that you think you are entitled to. I already know all your responses and retorts. Political correctness, SJW, safe-space, blah blah blah blah blah. Save if for someone who gives a f**k.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    I once again warn people of throwing around the word Nazi and Hitler when trying to describe their demons.

I have lost family members to Fascists. I hope that a moderator steps in and puts a stop to this hate speech or this forum will be reported.

The free world will not tolerate this type of hate speech on any level.

I once again warn people of throwing around the word Nazi and Hitler when trying to describe their demons.

I have lost family members to Fascists. I hope that a moderator steps in and puts a stop to this hate speech or this forum will be reported.

The free world will not tolerate this type of hate speech on any level.

Clever....transparent, but very clever.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Feel free to discuss any topic but please, mind your language. This is still a PG 13 Forum.
This discussion has been closed.