Skip to content

Little things that annoy you

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Also that everyone can fight at 100% efficiency even if he has only 1HP and is agonizing make no sense at all.
    Even so whith many minor wounds and depleted stamina you'll not fight at 100%.
    There is a mod for Elder Scrolls Oblivion that implements penalties as your healt decrease, I think that is something very difficoult or impossible to implement whith Infinity Engine, but I am not a modder or an expert in this kind of things. But I would appreciate a similar mod for the BG games.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    When I sell gems, I don't automatically sell the stack if there are multiple of the same type, unless I doubleclick and change the number.

The erase spell button is placed in a place where I constantly click while playing on Ipad. I understand the fault lies with me, but I just can't help clicking that damn button every now and then by mistake!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Grum said:

Oh yeah, Gatewarden.

I don't like how they just gave up on his hillbilly accent in chapter 6. If you talk to him in chapter 1 he's like a different person.

There is probably more than 1. A single guy can't be at the gate 24/7
    doppelganger :)

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I don't like how BP2 is still hard even if you set the game difficulty to easy.

sometimes I just wanna have a good time without buying an army of potions :[
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited January 2016
    Sorcerer's quick pick spell things "the three spells you can basically hotkey onto your hub" reset after resting. Well not really reset, but they don't show they have refreshed and you can cast them again.
    The quick pick up bar in BG1 doesn't work the same as the quick pick up bar in BG2. BG1 you have to actually walk to the thing you are going to pick up, BG2 you can just pick up anything near your character. For a ease of life function the BG1 version is a huge fail.
    edited January 2016
    Your race isn't Tiefling, all Bhaalspawn are tieflings regardless of their mothers race.
    Tenser spell is supposed to transform your mage in a fighter of the same level whith some other advantages, as a trade off prevents you from casting spells.
    BBoD is supposed to give you GM whith the weapon.
    Why casting BBoD and then Tenser You still have the lousy APR of a not fighter class.
    I Would really like a Tenser that adds the level related APR and coupled whith BBoD also the GM related APR.

I feel that both the spells are really nerfed, Tenser T. give some better THACO and HP, but don't make you the fighter is supposed to make, your phisical damaging potential is still A LOT inferior while your casting is prevented. Maybe is usefull in some areas of WK where casting is impossible or risky, in every other situation I find it detrimental.
    And BBoD, a lev9 spell, give a real benefit, that can change the outcome of a battle, only to a F/M.
    Not shure about it, but I was reading in a discussion about the most damage you can do on a backstab that BBoD can backstab. If confirmed I will find it very annoing, because backstab is supposed to work only whith mlee weapons that thieves can use whithout UAI. That is the reason why SoTM can not backstab, even if staves can, is a weapon that only mages can use. But how can BBoD can be used by a thief whithout UAI and casting it from a scroll?
    Being a M/T is not the answer as a F/T can not do it whith a 2 hands sword, they have to be weapons that a single class thief can use.
    Also a thief shapeshifted to a golem can backstab but how a single class thief can shapeshift whithout UAI? (actually I know how, and also how to give him a permanent ability to do it, but both require some cheese.....).
    I love thieves and I think that in early and midgame backstab is really strong, also the micromanagement you have to stab efficently for me is a source of fun, I don't like much the click and kill classes. Also I don't see any wrong in backstabbing whith staves.
    But if it can be done in golem form or whith BBoD then I want it also possible whith SoTM!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @gorgonzola: BBoD can backstab because the weapon, not the scroll, is usable by all classes. If the BBoD sword itself could be moved, then anyone could equip it.

When people talk about backstabbing in Iron Golem form, they're talking about Mage/Thieves, Fighter/Mage/Thieves who use the scroll, or any backstabber that talks to the djinni which another character summons via Limited Wish (no longer possible in EE) and gets the one-time-only Shapechange spell, or a backstabber using the Shapechange or Limited Wish scroll via the potion swap glitch (also no longer possible in EE).

An old speedrun of BG2 involves duplicating gems with the potion swap glitch, buying a Limited Wish scroll, having Yoshimo talk to the djinni and pick the Shapechange option, killing him, resting, and resurrecting him with the now-permanent ability to switch to Iron Golem form.

Another excellent backstabbing weapon for shapeshifters is the Ogre form from Polymorph Self, which even in EE does 4d6 base damage.
    I know that speedrun, a masterpiece of cheese, had also toons active in different areas of the game and passing through solid walls.

I understand your point about BBoD, but don't agree. There is no legit way that a single class thief before HLA can equip it so there is no way he can use it, also if is not coded as restricted.
    The only 2 weapons a generic single class thief whithout UAI can not use that for me should be allowed to backstab are the swords of Yoshimo and Valigar, and only if used by them.
    For shapeshifted golem or ogre no way that a single class thief can shapeshift whithout using those tricks so for me no backstab.
    Only the shapeshifted troll, rat and mustard jelly from the CoTSewers should be allowed to do it as are the only way to shapeshift for a single class thief.
    And if we allow the abilities of the other class of duals and multis why a Multi F/M can not use a 2hander that is not a stave? Why a multi T/M can not use the SoTM? They can legally use those weapons from character creation and put proficiences in them right from the start. they are forbidden so every other mean a T/M can use but not a single class thief should be forbidden.

And I am not talking of tecnicalities about how backstab is coded or legal quibbles, just of things in the game that annoy me, that is the matter of this topic :wink:
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

Tenser spell is supposed to transform your mage in a fighter of the same level whith some other advantages, as a trade off prevents you from casting spells.
    Why casting BBoD and then Tenser You still have the lousy APR of a not fighter class.
    I Would really like a Tenser that adds the level related APR and coupled whith BBoD also the GM related APR.

No one said that Tenser's Transformation was supposed to give a mage all the perks that a fighter has. If a mage could cast the spell and become as good at fighting as a fighter, there wouldn't be much of a point in using a fighter. You may argue that mages are overall better than fighters, but at least they aren't better in every way. Also, I'm pretty sure BBoD does give grandmastery; it just doesn't give the APR bonus (unless you're a fighter/mage). It still gives +3 hit and +5 damage.
    @OlvynChuru ,
    from spell description:

"Tenser's Transformation is a sight guaranteed to astound any creature not aware of its power, for when the wizard casts the spell, he undergoes a startling transformation. The size and strength of the wizard increase to heroic proportions, so he becomes a formidable fighting machine; the spell causes the caster to become a berserk fighter."

berserk fighter?

formidable fighting machine??????????

whith 1 APR :smiley:

Both BBoD and Tenser are good spells for a F/M or a Blade, I had used them and I use them.
    But they really don't transform a wizard in a formidable fighting machine, they boost classes that have fighting capability and can cast them.

I think that the promises in the spell description are not true, even if the last part of it tells "Note: This spell does not give the caster any extra attacks." so is not cheating. But it sounds to my ears like
    "Our car is the less polluting, less noisy and the one with the smaller consumption of fuel you can buy!
    Note. it has no engine."
    :smile:

I agree that wizards are full of power, but I don't think that to give a mage all the perks that a fighter has, for a limited time, is so unbalancing. Actually he has almost all the perks that a fighter has, if he invest some little time in dualling from fighter.... :wink:
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Skatan said:

The erase spell button is placed in a place where I constantly click while playing on Ipad. I understand the fault lies with me, but I just can't help clicking that damn button every now and then by mistake!

Totally...I was just cursing this today. I think the positioning is backwards from other similar buttons in the game or something. I accidentally hit the erase button all the time. I had to turn on confirmations just to avoid erasing all my spells.
    edited January 2016

Not shure about the last, tieflings are half demons, and Bhaal is a God, an evil one but not a demon.

A half demon would be a Cambion or a Draegloth or a Tanarukk or one of the many other breeds. Tieflings are normally third or fourth generation cambions, their fiendish blood watered down by interbreeding with mortal women but Tieflings can also can also be the spawn of dark gods.

Tieflings were human-based planetouched, native outsiders that were infused with the touch of the fiendish planes, most often through descent from fiends—demons, devils, evil deities, and others who had bred with humans.
    -forgotten realms wiki
    edited January 2016
    and what's up with little Albert only giving 1,000 xp? Come on now, he's like a mini Aec that can't gaze.

That thing's worth at least 7,000.
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216

Still bugs me to this day that the gnoll fortress can't be entered.

I searched so long for an indoor entrance on my first few plays.

Hahaha same here!! Did exactly that for 15mins.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited January 2016
    That there is no possibility/mod to have more than a five companions at the same time, and that there are comrades, who will sulk to death, if you dare to tell them to "wait here" :disappointed:
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Rodrian said:

That there is no possibility/mod to have more than a five companions at the same time, and that there are comrades, who will sulk to death, if you dare to tell them to "wait here" :disappointed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0w_i6vNjs
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    GemRB isn't available for EE. Only reason I don't have a 10-person party.
    edited January 2016
    I don't like how weak, unrealistic and boring the authority forces are in BG1.

I actually did a run where I slaughtered every single blue-circled thing in my sight, and it was always the crappy 5-man flaming fist party being spammed over and over. I just rolled over them every single time, and I didn't even use EEkeeper or cheat.

The bounty hunters in some areas are a nice touch but they're no more interesting or powerful than your average head-kicking bandit.

I massacred every single commoner in baldurs gate and I actually had less flaming fist groups to deal with than when I was in beregost... come on.

I wish EE made it so infinite flows of FF enforcers actually ran at you from all directions during a period of time, instead of the small pathetic group that spawns whenever it feels like it. At this point it should just be IWD style where you're supposed to get killed. Think yaga-shura but with the flaming fist.

Post edited by SirBatince on
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Trolls constantly making their saves against Flame Arrows, till they get up again. Infuriating. How are they even allowed to save, wth?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

No one said that Tenser's Transformation was supposed to give a mage all the perks that a fighter has. If a mage could cast the spell and become as good at fighting as a fighter, there wouldn't be much of a point in using a fighter. You may argue that mages are overall better than fighters, but at least they aren't better in every way. Also, I'm pretty sure BBoD does give grandmastery; it just doesn't give the APR bonus (unless you're a fighter/mage). It still gives +3 hit and +5 damage.
    Incorrect, it does not currently give Grand Mastery at all, a known bug.

Also, according to P&P, Tenser's does give additional attacks per round... So long as the mage uses a dagger. 2 APR and +2 damage with a dagger, only 1 APR with a staff, but +2 damage and to hit, on top of their THAC0. They're... not actually allowed to attack with anything else.

It kind of annoys me that wiping out the entire city of Ust Natha doesn't change anything or even get mentioned. You've just damaged the drow supply lines and destroyed much of their command chain, that's at least worth a line of dialogue.