Skip to content

Little things that annoy you

Comments

• MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Iirc in 3.5 you still get 1.5x strengh bonus if you use a one handed weapon without anything off hand, replicating the two handed bonus.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Why does the spell Shout cause a longer period of deafness than Great Shout?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Why is Shout so weak in the first place?
  • SxphxrxthSxphxrxth Member Posts: 16
    It annoys me that the items I put in a bag don't stack into 1 nice tidy pile. (i.e. 2 separate piles for pearls)
    Also that when I sell things to a vendor things don't sort by category.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Jan's quest in SoA
    Not only it is totally out of character for him, his replies and comments are far too serious and contrasts with his usual wacky-aloof characterization. The quests are such a drag and bore. First he leaves you so you suddenly lose the thief in your party. You travel all around docks, government district, copper coronet sewers (twice) and bridge district (for a lousy fight) and it is such a chore, a boring, needlessly long chore. Jan is arguably one of the most colorful, and fun persona in the entire bg2 npcs (competing with Neera, I love Neera too!) not to mention he is the BEST thief npc hands down. Yet his quest is the ultimate worst npc quest in the game. Totally lame.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    @Skatan " It annoys me that the weapon changes hand on the avatar depending on which way it's facing. So suddenly me weapon in the right hand is weilded in the left hand because my character has its back towards the 'camera'."

Especially true when the character is dual-wielding weapons. It always causes me to wonder if I have the wrong weapon in my primary hand (Oh no! why is 'Belm' in my right hand?)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Skarose said:

In the Dark Moon Cloudpeaks, in the Northeast corner, there is a cave guarded by a troll. You can't enter the cave, so there is nothing there but some bloody corpses and a single troll. When I first discovered this area, I was like "Cool, A troll cave!" but alas no cave entrance, nothing more to explore, just another little thing to annoy me...

And because of a bug in the map you're also missing some loot near the dead bodies.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but it always annoyed me that Neb
    the child murderer you may encounter in BG1's Flamin Fist prison and in BG2's bridge district
    is at one point explained to be a gnome and at the next he's supposed to be a dwarf, if I remember correctly.

Sendai's portrait always bugged me as well.
    Abazigal's portrait bothered me as well. He just seems so homely.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Meyahi said:

Iirc in 3.5 you still get 1.5x strengh bonus if you use a one handed weapon without anything off hand, replicating the two handed bonus.

Two-handed daggers anyone?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2015
    Cactus said:

Why doesn't Edwin show any attention to the red wizards chasing Neera?

If I'm not mistaken it's impossible to put Edwin and Neera together. One will leave if the other joins.

As for him not getting involved... well, Edwin knows that Gorion's ward and his/her companions are a force to be reckoned with. Being a selfish prick with a dash of cowardly, seems pretty in character for him to leave you and Neera alone and go do his own thing while other Red Wizards get slaughtered trying to capture her.
    Edwin isn't in good stead with the Red Wizards, judging from the Nether Scrolls quest. It's not surprising he wouldn't go out of his way to interact with them.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Grum said:

Why can you rest outside but not in a cave?

It is raining in BG1. My party walks into a cave. We can't rest inside there, so we need to walk back outside into the rest to sleep. Bleh...

Stalagmites.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited November 2015
    Why when I return to Ulgoth's Beard and put down that true Tanari, Aec'Letec I get no credit for his death. In BGEE, he should be my greatest foe vanquished, until Sarevok (Providing I'm a good guy and haven't aced that meddlesome Elminster or that irksome mage Shandilar.)

The deed is done...

After the deed is done...

All records of poor Aec'Letec are forgotten and this is another of those little things that annoy me...

*Addendum, my Character hardly ever used the quarterstaff +1 and is a mage/thief with set traps who hardly ever uses them either , I guess the information data is just trying to annoy me :wink:
    It annoys me how the heavy armor sprites for female characters make them have a large gap in the armor at the top of their torso. I'd expect that that would greatly decrease their armor's effectiveness, because if you have a gap in your armor where your skin is exposed, take a guess where all the enemies are going to be sticking their swords.
    @OlvynChuru: I like to think that female characters' armor is just enchanted with a cheap glamer to look that way. I doubt female warriors would jeopardize their safety for the sake of aesthetics, and the explanation of illusion magic makes these details seem less silly and immersion-breaking.
    edited December 2015

@OlvynChuru: I like to think that female characters' armor is just enchanted with a cheap glamer to look that way. I doubt female warriors would jeopardize their safety for the sake of aesthetics, and the explanation of illusion magic makes these details seem less silly and immersion-breaking.

It's one thing when it's some sort of magical armor, but what's the excuse for when they're wearing normal plate mail?
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Hexxat's pronounciation of 'respite'.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2015
    NPC's that force themselves onto you. Nalia, Neera, Hexxat, Rasaad, Anomen (you can walk around him), Neera is by far the worst.

Quests that you're forced to do (time limit) quickly, or you'll fail them (Xzars quest in BG2, that starts with the ambush). If you don't deliver him to the harper building in time, he will die from his injuries.