Skip to content

You know it's a normal day in the forum when...

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    560. when the 'global inclusiveness week' at my work inspires me to rename @frenchfries into @worldfries.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Shandyr said:

574. ...when you read "Mizhena" in the title of a thread and you just know what's going on inside without opening it.

575. Someone starts talking about a banned topic, even though we're not supposed to talk about it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    578. someone bumps a topic on you know what even tho the thread was dead since April.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    OT

576. Someone starts talking about you know what, then a mod comes and tells people they are free to talk about it as long as it doesn't violate the site rules.

I have a question for the administrator.
    You avoid to mention something, I suppose the name of a SoD NPC by the context, using the phrase "you know what" instead.
    And you also tell that a moderator comes and tells people they are free to talk about it as long as it doesn't violate the site rules.

Must I interpret this as supporting that moderator and telling that if the forums rules are not violated we are free to talk of everything, in the appropriate sections and without going OT?

Or must I interpret this as a warning that talking of some things here is not allowed, even if is done according to the forum rules (being excellent to each other, in topic, avoiding flames and spam and so on)?

My question has nothing to do with the Mizhena querelle, that personally I found boring, too American to interest me (I didn't even know that SJW existed :smile: ), exaggerate in tones as imo few lines of dialogue, good or bad is not important, don't justify pages and pages on boards, numerous reviews of a game on YT and elsewhere based only or mainly on that. And as I don't own SoD I don't even know what about the people was talking about, certainly don't have a personal opinion on something that I don't even know.

My question is only to know if there are or not topics that on those boards we are not allowed to talk about, and eventually what them are.
    And In the case I am not against it, as I am convinced that a forum is not a democracy, there are administrators that set rules, moderators that have to control that the rules are respected and forumites that have to respect them. But if some of that rules are set outside the forum rules topic is my right, and duty, to know that them exist and what them are, elsewhere how can I respect them?
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    580. You see an argumentative post and aren't sure if you want to engage it or avoid it. I know I'm a little nervous right now.