Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    During the 2nd half of the Skinner quest in Trademeet, if you steal Raissa's skin and replace it with Renfeld's body, then Raissa will come back as a man, in Renfeld's skin. This doesn't change the quest, though.

Or, if you import seven corpses from the Baldur's Gate sewers into BG2, you can mash them together and coax Raissa into taking on the skin of a Frankensteinian chimera. She'll show up again in Yaga-Shura's bedchamber in ToB for obvious reasons, and you can loot her body for the Big Fleshy Unit.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

If you kill Valygar and use his corpse to gain access to the Planar Sphere, then you get an option to offer the corpse to Lavok as a vessel for his reincarnation, just as Lavok had planned all along. Valygar's corpse then comes back to life looking and sounding just like Valygar, and he can join your party, except that now his name is Lavok and his class has changed to Necromancer.

If that was an actual thing that might convince me to play an evil character that would do such a thing.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Vallmyr said:

If you kill Valygar and use his corpse to gain access to the Planar Sphere, then you get an option to offer the corpse to Lavok as a vessel for his reincarnation, just as Lavok had planned all along. Valygar's corpse then comes back to life looking and sounding just like Valygar, and he can join your party, except that now his name is Lavok and his class has changed to Necromancer.

If that was an actual thing that might convince me to play an evil character that would do such a thing.
    Lol! Yes, I thought it was pretty good when I dreamed it up. :blush: And since it actually *is* what Lavok had originally intended, it'd make decent story sense if it really were an option to let him do it.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2015
    Even better: Lavok in Valygar's body as a dual-class Stalker->Necromancer.

Edit: Or Fallen Stalker->Necromancer.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited November 2015
    That is an amazing idea and I want that mod now.

PS: I mean, what mod, that is canon of couse, silly me.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The reason why so many BG2 quests involve carrying around bodies or body parts is because they're affectionate homages to one of the developers, whose wacky college exploits served as the inspiration for Rejiek Hidesman.
    joluv said:

Even better: Lavok in Valygar's body as a dual-class Stalker->Necromancer.

Edit: Or Fallen Stalker->Necromancer.

I did think of suggesting that, but it's an illegal dual and the game engine doesn't know of any such thing as a Ranger/Mage combination, so that'd probably be very difficult to implement ... and not so believable as a "did you *actually* know?" joke. So I just went with straight Necromancer.

(But this isn't meant to be a thread for serious mod proposals, we're drifting off-topic! I think I've made a serious suggestion by accident!)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If you have enough bandit scalps you can make a weaker form of the human flesh armor. Taerom will do it.
    edited November 2015
    Grum said:

elminster said:

If you have enough bandit scalps you can make a weaker form of the human flesh armor. Taerom will do it.

Actually it requires you to take the skin to Neb. After he frees you from jail you need to follow him to a little village where a group of children are watching a squirrel. He needs a distraction that will get the armed defenders away before he will make the army, so you have to convince the townsfolk to go on an expedition to help a neighboring town. Truly evil parties can also cause an avalanche to destroy the expedition, though there are usually 1-6 survivors.

He will make the army? I always knew he had more than a few plans up his sleeve :)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

That is an amazing idea and I want that mod now.

PS: I mean, what mod, that is canon of couse, silly me.

If that were a mod...

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Did you actually know that if you roll a Dwarf with 1 Charisma every NPCs of the game are replaced by Lord Binky the Buffoon ?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2015
    ...that Baldur's Gate saga is actually a Star Wars saga in fantasy setting.

...that Call of Duty is spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate . No wonder there is no BG3.
    Additionally, if you import the Bowl of Water Elemental Control into BG2 and give it to the Priestess of Umberlee in Brynnlaw (without the Geas Removal Scroll and/or Yoshimo), then the Priestess will give you a quest to rid the town of pirates. The quest is completed once you kill Desharik the Pirate King, and if you then report back to the Priestess before leaving town, she'll give back the Bowl and teach you the control word to use it, so it's now a quick-slot summoning item (like the Genie Bottle, etc.) which can summon a Water Elemental for one turn once per day.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Some easter eggs concerning naming your character:
    Elminister: This will give you a hidden quest, where Simbul summons you instead of Elminster
    Abdel Adrian: you get the full vociced version with the dialogues, where NPC-s mention your name
    Alveus Malcanter: In the EE-s you can't level up

in SoD:

Snow White: you can have a larger party (up to 8 members with you)
    Johnny Blaze: you get the ability to summon a ghost mount once per day
    Ben: you get innate time stop ability (don't ask about this last one)

... and you forgot to mention, @lolien, that if you call your character "Artemis Entreri", then the encounters with Drizzt will automatically be hostile in both BG1 and BG2, but the encounter with Jarlaxle in BG2 will be more co-operative.
    edited December 2015
    If you talk to Karoug as a shapeshifter he will detect that you are infected with Lycanthropy and will immediately attack you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    If you're a shapeshifter druid, the curse of the Lycanthrops' island doesn't affect you.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Did you know that in BG1 if you make a male charname with 18cha and 3wis, when you click on the ransom monks upon your return to Candlekeep...well, it turns out that you got one pregnant. You can choose to give her up to all of the gold in your inventory, but it won't give any extra xp.