Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited December 2015
    Arguably there could be different strains of Lycanthropy, some more potent or difficult to control than others. If such a thing were possible that could also explain (at least from a lore standpoint) why the werewolf forms for a shapeshifter are less powerful than their wild counterparts.

But its definitely something I'll look into for my Eve of War mod (I'm already reexamining the island).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    If you equip the Bala's Axe on your Wizard Slayer, the weapon will get additional bonuses in the form of +2 to THACO and damage.
    bengoshi said:

If you equip the Bala's Axe on your Wizard Slayer, the weapon will get additional bonuses in the form of +2 to THACO and damage.

If you equip it on an inquisitor he dispels on hit.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    If you choose an elven portrait for your dwarven character, the fist thing you see after the opening narration is a dialogue between this character and the player (you) with lots of dwarven exclamations you don't understand.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Mind Flayers weren't inspired by octopi or squids. They were inspired by cuttlefish.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Er ... hang on a moment, @semiticgod, that rings a vague bell from some other source ... I think that one is actually true (and therefore shouldn't be in this thread!)
    Wait...I thought everything in this thread was true :)
    Mind Flayers weren't inspired by octopi or squids. They were inspired by a nautilus.
    Ah, that's better, now we're back on track! :smile:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I thought everyone knew mind flayers are just baby kraken!
    Golems have different abilities based on what their base components can do. For instance, Stone Golems can slow their enemies because stone moves really slow, whereas Iron Golems can spit poison clouds because iron is toxic in large amounts.

Likewise, Clay Golems can haste themselves because clay is so fast-moving in nature. Clay Golems also can make their victims immune to healing magic with their "Cursed Wound" attacks because clay causes hemophilia.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,468
    Did you know that the "Promote" button isn't available to lowly forum members because of a bug in the forum software? It hasn't been fixed yet because nobody posted a bug report for it.
    bengoshi said:

Did you know that the ROFLMAO button is called a "Promote"?

Actually, a serious question (sorry, I know, wrong thread!) ... but I don't actually understand what "Promote" means. (I know I've had one a couple of times, but I've never known what it implies.)
    A promote is a reaction that a moderator/developer can give, although this kind of a reaction is not given every now and then. It counts as five "points", so a promoted post automatically goes into the "Best" section of the forum.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/19413/how-does-one-get-a-promote
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/314/what-does-promote-do

I hit it when Like, Agree or Insightful is simply not enough.
    edited December 2015
    mlnevese said:

bengoshi said:

Actually, a serious question (sorry, I know, wrong thread!) ... but I don't actually understand what "Promote" means. (I know I've had one a couple of times, but I've never known what it implies.)
    It's also used when we want to draw attention to a post as the post is moved to the first places in the Best Of page.
    Yep. Like there is a sale on or something to that effect. I normally only use it when there is a sale on or someone is assisting from a promotional standpoint. So like Bengoshi's thread about everything confirmed in SoD.
  • GandaGanda Member Posts: 35
    mlnevese said:

bengoshi said:

It's also used when we want to draw attention to a post as the post is moved to the first places in the Best Of page.
    Did you actually know, that I know where the Best Of page is... but my friend doesn't and he asked for a link.
    edited December 2015
    If you choose the correct dialogues Drizzt will join your party for BG1. The correct choices are 1,1, and 3.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
  • GandaGanda Member Posts: 35
    mlnevese said:
    Ah, that doesn't show up on my phone (mobile site version)... err I mean my friends phone.

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    bengoshi said:

Did you know that if you're playing BG when December, 24 becomes December, 25, Elminster spawns next to you party, dressed in a red suit with a white beard, called Santa Elminster, and asks you if you were naughty this year. If you have high reaction score, he can give you his hat.

Santa Elminster hat: All rolls get +2 bonus.

But on the negative side, once you have 2,000 years' of experience plus a pointy hat, Edwin will challenge you to a duel. (The duel is scripted to end with you turning Edwin into a woman who goes off to Waterdeep to work as a barmaid. She becomes a bitter, bitter woman.)