Skip to content

What's happening to Beamdog?

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    What Magick is it?!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Rodrian said:

Admit it, you only say that because he dislikes Imoen! :bawling:

Well clearly there is something wrong with anyone who dislikes Imoen.
    What if you just don't care about her enough to keep her in your party after rescuing her? :)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    mlnevese said:

Rodrian said:

What if you just don't care about her enough to keep her in your party after rescuing her? :)
    The most dangerous place and the safest place Imoen can be is with her spiritual sibling, so a reason to send her off and a reason to keep her close.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    mlnevese said:

Rodrian said:

HERESY!!!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    As long as we're talking credenzas and not gazebos I guess we're all safe.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I added the half-credenza template to a gazebo and a half-gazebo template to a credenza and I can't decide which one is the credebo and which is the gazenza #FantasyWorldProblems
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    SethDavis said:

we *are* thinking of painting actually....

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO BEAMDOG('s paintjob)?!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    By the way devs, will the chicken race be playable in the new BG3? And you plan to insert in it Easter eggs or assume that the players will produce eggs by themselves?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    mlnevese said:

I thought that after the hyperchicken incident the devs had learned not to anger dangerous beings... :)

I feel like I missed something big.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

And you plan to insert in it Easter eggs or assume that the players will produce eggs by themselves?

That should mean the Aarakokra race is available, right?
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    I've only been waiting 2 years for a patch to fix sorceror for bg2ee on android... 2 years.....
    Back in topic, good!
    As the games are sold, at full price, for every OS, and you can not port your game to an other OS without paying it again, I solidaryze with you. I can understand that the OSs that are more used have priority in fixes and updates, but 2 years is too much. Specially true for a fix, as an update is somehow optional, but you have the right to have what you have payed for fully functional, at least in the version that you have payed for.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    So i did a little searching... Boogie2988 made a good video on what he believes happened with SoD.. Which leads me to believe why things are off around beamdog(people leaving... Poor sales etc )
    heres that video if you're interested
    https://youtu.be/VSzZ9jIl7pY

@Buttercheese I don't know if to agree or disagree with you.

Because in the OP post you told
    "Both Andrew, Amber, Mad Bee and now Dee have left Beamdog. Probably some more behind the scenes.
    I am pretty sure I am not the only one who is starting to get a bit worried about the future of the company.
    So, uhm ... what's going on?"

and @T2av now answer
    "....Which leads me to believe why things are off around beamdog(people leaving... Poor sales etc )"
    that seems to me quite in topic.

Not certainly the matter about the transgender NPC that has been debated in other topics and has no place in this, on that I perfectly agree. But he guesses that what is happening to Beamdog (people leaving... Poor sales etc ) is a consequence of that matter, and, without knowing if that is true or false, imo that is in topic.

I am with you if you don't want to talk here about if some creative choices of Beamdog was good or bad, that is not the matter of this topic.
    But to not allow a person to say that in his opinion the consequences of those creative choices, that no matter if good or bad had so much resonance on the net, are related to what you ask, why some employs of Beamdog are leaving (or maybe has been fired) sound to me like censorship.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited September 2016
    There is nothing to agree or disagree.
    There will be no discussion of the drama in this threat.
    The topic is wether or not Beamdog are okay, which was stated that they are.
    The drama itself will not be discussed here.

I am affraid I am gonna have to be firm about this, because this forum has proven to me too many times that this topic cannot be discussed in a civil manner here.

If I see any one more post about this, they will be reported.
    I hope I made myself clear.
    edited September 2016

The topic is wether or not Beamdog are okay, which was stated that they are.

No company will ever admit if they are not OK.
    No employ will admit that he has been fired, if he has been fired in a way that lets him to save face and go home with an acceptable solution.
    This is not referred to Beamdog or what is happening to Beamdog, is an universal truth.
    So imo it was proposed, not demonstrated or stated.
    And yourself told "but given all the drama since the SoD release, things are looking rather dubious from the outside" in the OP post.

I repeat that I agree that discussing of the matter of the drama is OT, but to discuss of the consequences of the drama, to see if they are related to your question "what's happening to Beamdog" seems to me in topic.

Feel free to report me, I chose to don't report you, even if I think that censoring people that brings arguments that can be relevant to the topic matter is not "being excellent to each other".

EDIT: I am a proud owner of 2 Beamdog games, bought recently, after the drama, and I posted almost nothing in the long topics that was dealing with the drama. I don't think that all that Beamdog do is gold, there aresome things that I don't appreciate, even if they are not so important to me to make me open topics about or write pages on other people's topics, and the things that I don't appreciate are mostly not related to the drama. But there are much more things that I appreciate in Beamdog, the most important is that they gave a new life to a CRPG that for me is a life long love affair. I owe all my gratitude to Beamdog for that.
    And this is also why the only gaming board that I ever joined in my life is Beamdog's one.
    Maybe I don't love Beamdog so much that I feel to do voluntary work for it, I prefer do it on ambulances, as I find it more useful. And tomorrow morning I will be on an ambulance, helping people, instead of resting in my home. My intention is not to blow on ashes that are cooling to bring the flame alive, I am the first that is happy that they are cooling.
    And I respect you and appreciate the fantastic contribution that you give to those boards.
    I just don't appreciate if someone try to censor other people on a board, because I think that this board is our home, and I will never feel free to write something that you don't want to be written in your room, your personal wall, that would be not polite, but I think that in the common rooms of our house, the topics, everybody must have the right to express himself, if he is polite, respectful and in topic. Don't mater who is the OP of that topic, because opening it is different from owning it.
    Post edited by gorgonzola on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its only censorship if you are forbidden from discussing it period. There are any number of lovely* threads where any topic is welcome. You are even welcome to open your own discussion. Please do not derail the thread, this is not censorship, its keeping focused.
    *threadsmayormaynotbelovelyexperiencemayvary
    #Troodon80 I told myself twice that what the OP call the drama is not related to this tread and it has not to be discussed here. I still think that talking of the consequences of the drama, as possible cause of the changes that are the matter of this tread, seem to me not so OT (and it does not mean that myself have that opinion), and that was my only point, even if I did not appreciate to see that video posted here. But I will not derail further, as you request to me. Because I respect the request of an administrator and further more because writing things that can upset people is against the rules of this forums.