Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I use this one @gorgonzola
    giphy.gif?cid=790b761147ccf0fe45bd95dbfa10e764daff11dcfff16721&rid=giphy.gif
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Skatan
    Never fear the Gazebos shall protect us.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Cloakwood Mines guard logic: "So, you're the ones who have been killing all of our comrades?! You've come to the wrong place. I'm gonna give you a world of hurt!"

*single-handed attacks six well-equipped adventurers who have just cleared out Cloakwood all by themselves.*

Two seconds later: *dies*

ah, but they claim they can take out drizzt with both arms tied behind their backs, so that is why they do not fear you

too bad the guard didn't know that i took out drizzt at level 1 as well :)

actually speaking about that....

Drizzt, a legendary drow who has basically been through hell and back and have fought many an enemy and has triumphed many times...

dies from a lowly gang of gnolls
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    He appears in BG2 even if he is defeated in BG so the drow ranger is tougher than that.
    @PsicoVic
    Honestly I'm convinced Drizzt faked it. No way a party of BG1 NPCs could actually take out Drizzt by themselves.
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    I do not know, he seems pretty pissed off (If you follow the dialog tree "I thought you were dead") if he was defeated in BG1 because it was a chore to track down his scimitars again, at least that is what he told you.
    It seems Malchor Harpell was not available in Baldur´s gate, only in Athkathla. Low mobile magic coverage or something.

Good thing is that if you are polite he even forgive you and help you against Bodhi. Greater good and all that stuff. That is a good lesson: If you slay a powerful iconic character, just be sure he is Chaotic good so you have all the benefits, none of the consequences.

unless jaheira or keldorn is in my team, i "accidentally" tell drizzt to go pound sand when i meet up with him in BG 2

and even though you don't get to keep that gear for long, you still get some XP from the encounter and some nice money from all the gear once you sell it, a power gamer has to power game, hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi
    I do not know, he seems pretty pissed off

Umm...you tried to kill him. Of course he's pissed off. If you saw a guy who tried to kill you in the past even if it was a laughable attempt would not be angry when you saw him? I know I would.

And the fact that you are now more powerful is probably causing Drizzt to be even more angry at himself for not ending you when he had the chance.

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    What I loved most about the BG2 Drizzt encounter is how he has a special line of dialogue if your character's name is also "Drizzt Do'Urden". XD
    Zaxares wrote: »
    What I loved most about the BG2 Drizzt encounter is how he has a special line of dialogue if your character's name is also "Drizzt Do'Urden". XD

this is something i never knew, i wonder if it was added in for the EEs perhaps? and also there is more to it if you want to see his reaction to your name being drizzt:

first your REP has to be 11 or less
    you have to be an elf
    your name has to be Drizzt or Drizzt Do'Urden

and he will recognize your name being his, and he will get mad that you are giving him a bad REP and then he and his posse will immediately go hostile after the banter is over

if your REP is 12 or higher, then he doesn't give a damn haha
    Nope, it was there back in the original BG2 as well. :) I remember stumbling across it when browsing through the dialogue files and just laughing my head off at it.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    At least Drizzt is a fair-player who takes the matter into his own hands. When you stain his name he only attacks you with all his legendary might and his party of overpowerful iconic characters. He could do far worse, unleashing upon you one of the most terrible powers in existence.

Lawyers_zpsa9w0qyvg.png
    Lawyer summoning V. Terrific spell

That is something I love about BG games: you always found some new Easter egg.
    If you name your female character Lanfear you also had a different response in your dialog with Lanfear in BG2, IIRC.

Speaking of intellectual property, there's Rahvin in BG1 and Lanfear in BG2... are those usual names, or are the names "borrowed" from the Forsaken, from the Wheel of Time? Are there more of them?
    That is something I love about BG games: you always found some new Easter egg.
    If you name your female character Lanfear you also had a different response in your dialog with Lanfear in BG2, IIRC.

Oooh, this I didn't know! What's the new dialogue?
    Arvia wrote: »
    Speaking of intellectual property, there's Rahvin in BG1 and Lanfear in BG2... are those usual names, or are the names "borrowed" from the Forsaken, from the Wheel of Time? Are there more of them?

I don't know about Rahvin, but the Lanfear character in BG2 was apparently an homage (though not a very flattering one) to a particularly vocal female fan of Coran from the Bioware forums named Lanfear.
    @Zaxares
    I can't stand Coran but to each their own.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's what black market is there for :)
    I don't think Halbazzar cares.

Now Thalantyr buying those on the other hand THAT does not make sense.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I don't think Halbazzar cares.

Now Thalantyr buying those on the other hand THAT does not make sense.

Meh. One wash cycle and Thalantyr wouldn't care either!
    @Chronicler
    Precisely! And if the people you killed are Zhentarim most people in the city would probably praise you for such action. But don't think you won't gain a few dangerous enemies as a result.