Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Exploits, Tricks, and Nonstandard Tactics

13»

Comments

• semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 7,969
    @histamiini: Death Fog might only be able to fit into a Spell Trigger, but Spell Sequencer and Minor Sequencer should also be able to throw out Stinking Clouds and such. I don't see why it wouldn't work with the other triggers, since they're all coded the same as far as I can tell in Near Infinity.

If a new patch comes out that removes the trick, I'll just move it to the list of tricks that only work in previous patches.

• histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 473
    edited January 7
    @semiticgod I tried both Spell Trigger and Spell Sequencer with 3xWeb, and only Spell Trigger didn't break the invisibility when cast onto self.

semiticgodProontStummvonBordwehr
    @histamiini: All right, I updated the entry.

histamiini
    I just added the infinite gold exploit with Nazramu to the list.

AndreaColomboProontbob_veng
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 1,467
    @Skatan's trick can probably be useful also for mages using a sling and switching to a dart to get the good damage of the first and 2 more dart attacks.
    a mage with enchanted sling and bullets and good STR from spell or items can easily reach 20 dmg for each sling attack, add a couple of stunning or poisoning darts on top and he becomes really effective even if he is not casting.

don't know if it is a trick but is the way to infinite experience as soon as you have a mage able to cast pi.
    go to wk and get the 2 wish scrolls from there, then equip them, a limited wish scroll and the cursed scroll that drops wisdom to 3. then begin to spam pi, sending the pi and a cleric in some room and close the door. then the pi casts the wishes hoping for the rest option and then uses the cursed scroll and the limited wish, choosing to be protected from undeads. some vampires pop out, the pi vanishes and the cleric makes the vampires explode. more than 60k free experience for the party. cast an other pi and repeat. with 3 or 4 lev 7 castings and a good starting wis you have a good chance to find the rest option. you can also pack the wish scrolls and other lev 7 ones that recharge via spell trap and use the sotm, so you have 7pi, or 14 wishes, to find the rest option, this way you have to sleep very seldom. the more you use the trick the more you gain levels so pi memorized, at high levels the wish becomes redundant as is more reliable to use the spell trap to replenish the pi casting.

i know that is possible and easier to cluaconsole the xp, but in the trick you use only legal spells, without abusing of some engine exploits, like it happens with blocking the tanner and talking to him many times.

when i want more experience for my parties i usually do it without the cleric part, i have to fight with the vampires to "earn" the experience. more fun, more rp sense, as is logic that the more you fight the more you gain experience.
    for the same reason i often turn to stone and back to flash multiple times the dragons, and is really easy if you have them under the feeblemind spell, the fun is without it....

StummvonBordwehrProont
    the killing the clone trick by @squiros not only works very well with darts from the cloak and bullets from erinne sling, it works very well with the wands and potions you get as you are spamming wishes to get the rest option and also with the money the party loose if the clone has to chose that option instead of others more annoying. kill the clone and you will loot darts, bullets+4, some useful potions and best of all plenty of wands, including the WK types, as side effects of having a free rest. and you will loot back also the money you were supposed to loose as result of the wish choice. perfect for sorcerers that want to abuse the wish rest.
    is important that you kill the clone or that he suicides himself with damaging spells, if DM is used to get rid of him all the loot vanishes with him.
    in the original he can also use the scribe scroll and alchemy hla and you can also loot the summoned scrolls and potions, in EE those hla are removed for mage so only a MT can do it, if he is so fool to waste hla on that stuff.

13»