Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I thought it was changes on an idividual basis. Not making every npc remotely related to another whear the same two colors with little variation. Great idea, poor implementation.
    AdulRavenslightMiraStastny
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Where is WWIII when we need it?
    Adul
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Does anyone actually uses Detect Evil?
    Proont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    With this feature in place? Not anymore, that's for sure.
    OrlonKronsteenFlashburnProont
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Agreed. There are many, many parts of the UI that have been severely impaired or outright broken since the 2.0 patch (which was released over two years ago), and I think those issues deserved to be prioritized over arbitrary stylistic alterations to the game world.

Luckily, there have been some light indications that suggest that the devs might have started working on the UI recently, like some of the "making it work" UI feature requests entering submitted status on Redmine. Hopefully something will happen on that front soon.
    RavenslightlolienKilivitzProont
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    This change is more suiteable for a sport game. Now I see edgelord brigade like people from Real Madrid with their secondary team shirt.
    Please, do it optional :)
    AdulRavenslightMiraStastnylolien
    Yeah, multiplayer has not been doing very well before the 2.5 patch. I haven't tried it with 2.5, but it's good that the issue is being addressed.
    Ravenslightlolien
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    In my opinion Baldur's Gate deserves to be as pristine as possible in all areas, which absolutely inlcudes things like MP. I know people who play it exclusively in coop for example. However, like others, I do wonder how things are prioritised. The UI issues to me seem pretty major and there are other things in the interface that are still very unpolished like the limitations in hotkey mapping for example. Therefore, I'm very suprised that they find time for something like tinkering with the appearance of assassins in BGEE (where I would say if it ain't broke don't fix it). This does make me worry a bit about the effectiveness of their project management. There might be another patch on the horizon after this but we can't expect them to curate the game forever.
    RavenslightAdullolien
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Yes, I am aware of what the stated focus has been. Which is one of the reasons that I am confused by their changes to NPC appearances in this patch. As I said in my previous post, it is great that the developers are addressing the multi-player issues. Though the percentage of complaints concerning it, compared with other things that I have noticed, might differ from yours. Still, the multi-players certainly deserve a bug free experience.

I haven’t tried IWD since the patch. That is encouraging news concerning the UI, @THACOBell Thank you.
    ThacoBelllefreutAdullolien
  • MadieronMadieron Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I totally agree with Adul concerning the change in uniforms.
    Please make it optionnal, it ruins the feel of diversity and individuality of characters met in BG world
    RavenslightAdulProont
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    rede9 said:

I beg your perdon, users. Can someone check my bad English in the following ticket which is spoiling my runs?

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37086

Is it enough clear how the bug triggers in order to reproduce it? Can someone tell me if is it just my computer to behave badly?

Submitted. What a relief.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Personally, I like red, black and evil. The majority of cases of uniforms it works

But maybe we should not have the hired help (assassins) being given uniforms...

In the same vain... When I am in Bandit camp and I get my leather armour from the hobgoblin... I want my character put in the same red, black and evil uniform... Anything else would leave me disappointed...
    lolienProont
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2018
    Hasn't MP practically been unplayable for almost 5-6 years since BGEE first came out? So I guess it's about long overdue that got fixed, not that it's something I plan on using anytime soon.

Can't believe it's been 2 years since SoD was released...Things go by so quickly.
    lolien
  • wmllwmll Member Posts: 5
    Someone else has probably raised this issue. I'm new to forums and unsure wheres to put this. The dialogue area toward the bottom of the screen is too narrow to see much info during play and scrolling to precisely what you want to see is difficult. A simple fix, it would seem, would be a button like you have on the dialogue area in conversations that you can click to expand.
    I played through all the games when they first came out and played many mods, including the enjoyable Darkest Day. I was skeptical this old classic could be improved but when the new beta came out I decided to give it a try. Overall I am very impressed and quite enjoying your product.
    lolien
    batoor said:

Hasn't MP practically been unplayable for almost 5-6 years since BGEE first came out? So I guess it's about long overdue that got fixed, not that it's something I plan on using anytime soon.

I've played lots of MP with a friend, and it's been fun even if a little unstable. We've had some issues coming up every now and then, and we sometimes needed to use the console to get around them as we went along. Though certain parts of the game, most notably Black Pits II for us, have been almost unplayable with lots of game-breaking issues.
    wmll said:

Someone else has probably raised this issue. I'm new to forums and unsure wheres to put this. The dialogue area toward the bottom of the screen is too narrow to see much info during play and scrolling to precisely what you want to see is difficult. A simple fix, it would seem, would be a button like you have on the dialogue area in conversations that you can click to expand.
    I played through all the games when they first came out and played many mods, including the enjoyable Darkest Day. I was skeptical this old classic could be improved but when the new beta came out I decided to give it a try. Overall I am very impressed and quite enjoying your product.

They've changed how you resize the dialog box in an earlier patch, but you can still do it. Now you need to grab the top edge of the dialog box with the mouse and drag it.
    lolien
  • wmllwmll Member Posts: 5
    Adul: Thank you: that did the trick. Should have figured that out myself. Glad there are more intelligent players out there to help the rest of us.
    ronaldololien
    @wmll No problem, glad to help! :)
    ronaldololien

As for UI - as stated several times already, the team hear you loud and clear, and indeed UI tickets are submitted to the internal tracker.

I'm aware of this, and I'm always excited to hear it too, and get some confirmation that it is being looked at. But I also want to state that I think many of us feel that it has already taken Beamdog too long to addess the UI issues. The 2.0 patch has been out for over two years, and the UI has been in a diminished state since then. When I play the game, it's hard not to get frustrated with the usability problems that all make the game a little more difficult to enjoy.

And let me be clear, now that it is being looked at, I don't want to hurry the devs. I want them to do the best job possible and to take the time necessary to develop an interface that's as good and polished as the original was. But it's still disappointing that after so much time still barely any of the UI issues have been addressed. I wish Beamdog dedicated more resources to fixing the UI, earlier. Not just for my sake, but for their own too, so that possible customers don't walk away thinking they're unable to provide the necessary support for their products.
    RavenslightlolienProont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Adul "The 2.0 patch has been out for over two years, and the UI has been in a diminished state since then."

For you maybe. I personally really like the current UI. I'm actually nervous about how much might be changed just to accomodate nostalgia.
    Aerakar
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    So no information about the changes that have been made to the NPCs?
    Kamigoroshi
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

So no information about the changes that have been made to the NPCs?

What do you mean? The feedback in this thread is known to the developers.