Skip to content

What If This Forum Was a Bar?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2018
    If this forum was a bar I would be in the Straff-only area laughing out loud :) Don't ask me to explain :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

ThacoBell said:

I would be at home, because I am an antisocial jerk. The second half of that is unintentional.

What? No bard song? If this forum were a bar, I'd have expected you to be first up at the open mic.
    No, he’d appear after I sang the unexpurgated version of “If Hattie Wants to Lu Let Her Lu Like a Man”. And it would be a favor to @ThacoBell because after I perform pre-blues African American folk songs, anyone would sound great.

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Everyone except Monks can get into the staff-only area.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

I'd be the guy who used to patron the pub regularly but hasn't shown up in years. Everyone assumed he was dead. Until now.

@booinyoureyes ?!? We assumed you died in that horrible plastic-hamster ball lawnmower accident of 2016!?!

Have a beer!

Can hamsters drink?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @booinyoureyes What's up!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    mlnevese said:

If this forum was a bar I would be in the Straff-only area loughing out loud :) Don't ask me to explain :)

Explain, please
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @OrlonKronsteen You do NOT want to hear me sing ;)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

@booinyoureyes What's up!

@FinneousPJ Not much my friend! Been busy these past two years, but ready to make a triumphant return to the forum I love so much.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    ThacoBell said:

You realize that by saying that you've made me want to hear you more than ever. ;) Of course, no one may want to follow @tbone1's act, despite his modest claims.

ThacoBell said:

You realize that by saying that you've made me want to hear you more than ever. ;) Of course, no one may want to follow @tbone1's act, despite his modest claims.
    Oh come on! I have so little talent I could get a Grammy nomination.

William Hung sounds good next to me.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

I'll have to pick my song VERY carefully then. I don't have much of a range.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ThacoBell said:

@ThacoBell = Dirgesinger

In those situations I usually suggest Bohemian Rhapsody.

Nah, one of the musicians on the song (Brian May) earned a PhD in astrophysics, and we all know what THAT means.

tbone1 said:

Nah, one of the musicians on the song (Brian May) earned a PhD in astrophysics, and we all know what THAT means.

Enlighten me.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Skatan said:

tbone1 said:

Enlighten me.
    It basically means his brain has evolved beyond the comprehension of other 'mere men'. He may even be one with the cosmos right now as I type this...
    Skatan said:

tbone1 said:

Enlighten me.
    It means he is way cooler than all of us combined and to cover the song would be too embarrassing. Mind you, “Fat Bottom Girls” would be fine if it charms the ladies. And why wouldn’t it?

• dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited February 2018
    i would be in a corner facing the wall not saying a word

After five beers I could very well be the guy who walks up to you, lift you up on my shoulders and start to lambada dance my way over to the bar, ordering in ten shots and one very long straw for my friend so he/she can drink the shots while sitting on my shoulders.

I can do intrusive shit like that. Yupp.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Skatan said:

After five beers I could very well be the guy who walks up to you, lift you up on my shoulders and start to lambada dance my way over to the bar, ordering in ten shots and one very long straw for my friend so he/she can drink the shots while sitting on my shoulders.

I once dreamed that a huge version of Brian Blessed picked me up and started running at a frightening speed with me under his arm. A deafening, insane guffaw on his lips as he faceplanted me into several buckets of ice cream.

Now that was some intrusive shit.
    JoenSo said:

Skatan said:

I once dreamed that a huge version of Brian Blessed picked me up and started running at a frightening speed with me under his arm. A deafening, insane guffaw on his lips as he faceplanted me into several buckets of ice cream.

Now that was some intrusive shit.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Er, Brian Blessed is a huge version of Brian Blessed
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

Er, Brian Blessed is a huge version of Brian Blessed

Then imagine a Brian Blessed that is a huge version of a huge version of Brian Blessed (who already is a huge version of Brian Blessed). Brianception.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    I would have woken up with bruised knuckles and elbows this morning. Unfortunately, it is not.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2018
    @Gusinda would be on a table, silently nodding on approval every now and then, rarely speaking a word.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    [Looks up nodding in approval] Barkeep, schooners of craft amber fluid for the entire table err, bar! [Resumes reading a fine book whilst observing and enjoying the rucus in the background...] Well most, the introduction of Brian Blessed had my head shaking for a while.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

@Buttercheese would be dancing on the bar singing karaoke.

First of all how dare you, and second of all I suffer from giddiness, so no dancing on the bar for me. I am also too tall, I'd hit my head on the ceilling (I totally don't speak from experience here).