Skip to content

What If This Forum Was a Bar?

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited January 2018 in Off-Topic
I always was a good observer, especially when it comes to how people behave. Yesterday I was thinking about how some of the forum members would behave if this forum was a bar. Here are my conclusions:

@semiticgod would explain to us a trick to remove the credit card 0.235 seconds before the "Authorized" message. This way the bill is paid, but the bank never registers the payment. And then suddenly he would start explaining how you can use a trick with the light interrupter to make multiple waiters appear.

@Pantalion would call the manager and say that the way the waiters and tables are arranged is not as good as was expected

@ZaramMaldovar would start talking about the character he interpreted once in a school play - at the end of the story, he will say that the theater was on fire.

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad @Artemius_I would not interact with us because they would be busy fixing wrong stuff with the bar

@JuliusBorisov would tell us the wonderful things that his boss, the owner of the bar, is planning to do with the place for the next years.

When everybody starts to get really thirsty @kjeron and @argent77 would tell us a recipe of how to brew beer using a pair of socks, a sack of potatoes and a glass of water. @Gwendolyne will say that before the bar was renovated she used a sack of sugar-beets instead of the potatoes. Both recipes will taste delicious the same.

@Raduziel would present his new homemade beer, but it will probably give everyone diarrhea before either Grammarsalad, Subtledoct, Kjeron or Gwendolyne point out that he used salt instead of sugar somewhere on the recipe.

Feel free to add more below!
Post edited by Raduziel on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    @Raduziel I was actually thinking more along this

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    If this forum where a bar, I wouldn't be here as I never visit a bar on my own. I'd be just sitting in a corner brooding and not being able to interact. The only reason I visit a bar is to take a drink with a friend as a stop during a walk or after seeing a movie together. In a forum, I'm able to talk to strangers, in a bar: not.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    (Now I'm confused if I should use Was or Were).
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

If this forum were a bar, bet you any money nobody would be there without a laptop or similar device.
    Just in case they were suddenly inspired to create a new character who was, for sure, going to provide the best run they had ever had......or at least until they got to the Cloakwood or BG or for the really hopeless cases, the FAI.

Good, more peanuts for me, and I can order wings without any being stolen because no one wants to muss up their keyboard. (As for me, I’ve masteed typing on an iPad with my nose.)

Raduziel said:

(Now I'm confused if I should use Was or Were).

At least I'm sure it's not "If this forum where a bar" like I wrote, that's just a typo.
    edited January 2018
    tbone1 said:

no one wants to muss up their keyboard. (As for me, I’ve masteed typing on an iPad with my nose.)

I never muss up my keyboard. Maybe you haven't completely masteed typing with your nose? ;)

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    lolien said:

You open a bar and no one notifies me?

We didn’t want to run out of Glenfiddich on the first night.

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel said:

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad @Artemius_I would not interact with us because they would be busy fixing wrong stuff with the bar

I would keep putting that off so I can read or watch critical role.

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

If this forum were a bar I would eat buffalo wings and read internet forums on my tablet.

But what if the forum you were reading about on your tablet in the bar that is this forum was itself a bar?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I like alcohols
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Balrog99 said:

If this forum were a bar I would eat buffalo wings and read internet forums on my tablet.

But what if the forum you were reading about on your tablet in the bar that is this forum was itself a bar?
    I'd hope that bar would also have good wings.