Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    And I thought my family started out poor. My dad grew up on a farm and my grandpa had to take carrots and vegetable shavings from the garbage at work to make soup for his family.
    O_Bruce said:

If that's where you come from, then I'm sorry for even bringing up my "problems" here. They have nothing on this.

Sorrow might be relative, but that doesn't mean the "littler" sorrows aren't important. All of them are deserving of sympathy.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    @voidofopinion you should write a book about your life. I'm not kidding.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Aaaaaand my son has a stomach bug. Hopefully this won't put him back in the hospital.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I wish you luck, @ThacoBell A hospital is a sucky place to be for an adult, let alone a child.
    I've spent quite a bit of time in hospitals. I stock up on books, but not all kids are into books.
    My email got hacked this morning, and the company offers NO way to recover or close it. Spent the whole morning changeing my email with the various sites and services I use.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @ThacoBell How has his BS been through all this? Anymore evidence of hypo? Stomach issues can make it tough to regulate BS.
    @Zaghoul His blood sugar has stayed stable though all this so far. But he is certainly having more stomach issues.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    The story of dragon kings complaining about his problems even though he knows better continues.

So I've had a cold, or flu or sinuses for the past two days and yes I really don't know which because they always tend to overlap (heck last year I had the flu, with pink eye, with laryngitis, and sleep insomnia)/with me and every winter/fall I'm playing "will I be able to breathe and sleep tonight?"

The answer last night was no, I've been awake since 10 am yesterday and down everything from drinking tea, sucking on cough drops, and feeling the bathroom with team to try and breathe. But the cherry on top of all this is that I got a phone call about two or three hours ago from my pops. One of my uncles have just died and well...i don't know what more I can say... I tried calling my cousin to see how he is doing but I can only imagine the feeling of losing ones father, but I damn sure don't want to.
    @DragonKing Sorry to hear that. Go see the Doctor?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @DragonKing My condolences.
    @LadyRhian a Dr, Nah that too rich for my blood.

@Son_of_Imoen thank

So at first, I thought it was my feeling ill stopping me falling asleep so I had made every precaution short of just drugging myself on Nyquil. My gf and I went out and walked around for about an hour or two. I took a warm shower when I got back, stayed off my laptop, let some soft music play, drunk some tea that is supposed to help me sleep, made sure my nostrils wasn't blocked and made sure that I laid close to her as we laid down to sleep

I should've been out like a light but instead, I'm sitting here in the only place in my apartment where I can be without waking anyone one up. Every time I closed my eyes, my mind just starts screaming at me. So yeah, my old friend sleep insomnia is back and stronger than ever.
    @DragonKing I had a lengthy post typed up here last night, but i must have forgotten to actually post it. Get some extra stregth Sudafed (Any equivalent generic is just as good) you need to make sure you sinuses stay clear. It sounds like you are at risk of sinus infection, and those can be NASTY. Some vapor rub should help as well. Take Nyquil (Or again, generic equivalent) before bed. Sometimes fizzy drinks can help too. If your sinuses become infected, you will NEED to see a doctor. A sinus infection can very easily become Brinchitis, which can become pneumonia. I almost died two years ago when a sinus infection turned into very aggressive pneumonia over about three days. Treat this seriously.
    So I have a test on Tuesday, and going to miss my uncles funeral this Sunday, and there is a chance I'm going to fail this semester and not get my bachelors... I don't have money for another semester.

I've still yet to be convinced that I didn't just lose 10 fucking years of my life... To anyone going to college, let my failure be an example. If you're not going for a hard science or computer science degree, don't waste your time unless you're a rich kid who doesn't have to worry about your future.
    I saw some wonderful pictures today that share how I feel about Stan Lee's passing. I wanted to post a few here...

image by Euderion
    image by retrobunyip
    image by eagc7
    My friend and roommate, Rachel, is having trouble breathing. She's taken all the decongestant she can have safely, taken a shower and used Vicks Vaporub on her chest, and she's still having problems. She's walking down to the Pharmacy to see what else the pharmacist can do for her, and she might have to go to the hospital. I'm worried for her, and there's nothing I can really do to help her.
    @LadyRhian "Walking" and "Having trouble beeathing" is not something you want to combine. It could be Bronchitis. Is she a local friend, and do either of you drive? I would recommend going to the hospital asap.
    No, it's her allergies. She received some happy news. She can take more of her decongestant and she got some other stuff to help her. I am very thankful that she is going to be okay. (I also using a dusting cloth on the apartment, which might help a bit...)
    I feel the allergies. "Seasonal" is a fantasy to me. I'm glad she got some good news. Keep an eye on her, I've learned the hard way that a sinus infection from allergies can turn in pneumonia in less than 3 days.
    Well, later last night, she went to an urgent care place because she still was having trouble breathing. Since she had tried all the non-chemical "remedies", they gave her a prescription for Prednisone and Tylenol to help her neck. She managed to get some sleep last night, so she'd feeling much better today and went out with me earlier to get her meds. She's about to take a nap.
    @bob_veng I'm sorry to hear that. It seems we all have crappy relatives in our lives, but when it's a close family member, like your Dad, that really sucks. At least I had the choice of not associating with mine. I hate to say that at this point, it's unlikely he'll change, but you never know.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @voidofopinion I know I'm a little behind on this thread, but god damned, son, I want you and your mom in any platoon I serve!

My most respectful salute for you both!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    LadyRhian said:

My friend and roommate, Rachel, is having trouble breathing. She's taken all the decongestant she can have safely, taken a shower and used Vicks Vaporub on her chest, and she's still having problems. She's walking down to the Pharmacy to see what else the pharmacist can do for her, and she might have to go to the hospital. I'm worried for her, and there's nothing I can really do to help her.

I could swear this post would end with "and she's snoring so loudly that I can't sleep".

Maybe I should restore my faith in humanity a little.