Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Raduziel said:

LadyRhian said:

My friend and roommate, Rachel, is having trouble breathing. She's taken all the decongestant she can have safely, taken a shower and used Vicks Vaporub on her chest, and she's still having problems. She's walking down to the Pharmacy to see what else the pharmacist can do for her, and she might have to go to the hospital. I'm worried for her, and there's nothing I can really do to help her.

I could swear this post would end with "and she's snoring so loudly that I can't sleep".

Maybe I should restore my faith in humanity a little.
    Well, she did snore later that night, but she got some more sleep and is currently feeling better. Not good, precisely, but better.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    When she went to the hospital, do you know if the doctors checked for infection? Obviously don't answer me for privacy reasons, but if her energy levels keep dropping after a day or two, that might be a good avenue to pursue. Ugh, sorry if I'm coming across as alarmist. I just had a really bad experience with an out of control sinus infection (due to allergies) in the past, so I'm extra cautious now.
    She didn't go to the hospital, but Urgent Care. And she got more sleep last night, so she's feeling a lot better.
    I'm glad she's feeling better.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Well, im calling it now. Global Economics, im going to fail it and I won't be getting my degree. I had to find a way to pay nearly 4 grand out of pocket this (my last) semester. I no longer have any loans, or scholarships and I don't know if im going to be able to pay out of pocket anymore.

I guess all that time will have been wasted, and so much for being the first male in my family to get a four year degree...that took nearly a decade...i hate my life.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'm sorry to hear that, @DragonKing. It was a valiant effort.

Maybe someday when you have more time and resources, you can complete your degree. I hope you can take heart that you've still earned your other credits, and they'll still be there if you want to try again.

It's very common for people to get their degree in their 30s or 40s, and sometimes even their 50s. Not everyone completes college in their 20s, and it's never too late. Hopefully you'll be able to get on better footing sometime in the future.
    @semiticgod
    Yea, that's not happening, if it ends here can I'm not coming back... I started college in 09 trying to get a bachelors. Since then college had done nothing but beat me down and drain what little positivity I had out of me and that is saying something seeing how I had very little, to begin with.

Now no, I won't just point blame in every direction but myself. I was an idiot who was stubborn. I believed the crap fed to me that I had to go to college to get a better life. If I worked hard enough, that I could achieve my dream. If I sacrificed enough that it would all be worth it in the end.

I now know, yeah that could be true if you picked the right field to make the sacrifice in, or you're one of the few already ungodly talented and extremely lucky or already possess connections. College did nothing but put me in a debt that I have no clue how I'm going to pay off and I am quite literally tired of it. I haven't even hit the big 3-0 yet and I'm already pulling the gray hair out of my head.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    On that note I'm having difficulty completing my Master's, because after work I have little energy for such intense studying. I'm applying for extension for the 4th time now, and I'm worried it's not going to fly. If that happens, I will have to reapply for the M.Sc. program in biomedical engineering, and it's not so easy to get in necessarily. That would really suck.
    edited November 2018
    The Creator of Spongebob Squarepants has died at 57.

SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg dead at 57

Hillenburg revealed he had Lou Gehrig's disease, also known as ALS, in 2017
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/spongebob-creator-stephen-hillenburg-dies-1.4922585?cmp=FB_Post_News&fbclid=IwAR0oMiTaeXvsx-QbuYyU2rc2vGsmhi1FM-OpEiPaebLMcd65ODN-deOB9wE
    Another creator just died.

Scriptwriter, Director Akira Miyazaki Passes Away at 84

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-27/scriptwriter-director-akira-miyazaki-passes-away-at-84/.140008?fbclid=IwAR0TXtGaipaPVEOWrlavqgi4vyzOv-rvXnoqnDSRn3E9hzcZS-RahoiRMQQ
    Screenwriter and director Akira Miyazaki passed away on Sunday due to bile duct cancer. He was 84. A funeral service will be held on Thursday, November 29 with his eldest daughter Momoko as chief mourner.
    Miyazaki wrote the scripts for six films in the long-running Otoko wa Tsurai yo (Being a Man is Tough) film series, and made his directorial debut with the 1971 film Naite Tamaru ka (As if I'd Cry). He wrote scripts for numerous anime, including Raccoon Rascal, The Perrine Story, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Kaitō Lupin - 813 no Nazo, Yuki, The Wizard of Oz, Lucy-May of the Southern Rainbow, Katry, the Cow Girl, Little Women, Botchan, Like the Clouds, Like the Wind, and Happy Moomin Family.
    This made me sad.

Bulldozers to soon plow through National Butterfly Center for Trump’s border wall
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bulldozers-to-soon-plow-through-national-butterfly-center-for-trump’s-border-wall/ar-BBQASc2?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0rVQfScErWcQQoyV0F7fquMtjq-KJFbZ0LMgxI4mEPqSwBkTLTT006b_M

And this:

Demoted or dismissed because of your weight? The reality of the size ceiling
    https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/aug/30/demoted-dismissed-weight-size-ceiling-work-discrimination?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR2b7tfScu22QMZaPjKL8P-Ot8pe9dvHVtTk0OBAtBIhuMXmFzaLrkyNfdo

‘I Want to Live Like a Human Being’: Where N.Y. Fails Its Mentally Ill
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/nyregion/nyc-housing-mentally-ill.html
    As someone who has been clinically depressed, this made me sad.
    Been up since midnight with a child having coughing fits. We are all incredibly tired and its been an incredibly long day. At least we are half way through it. FIngers crossed that we can all sleep tonight.
    @LadyRhian Hmmmm, some kind of cryptogram. I wonder what it means (I wish I was joking haha).
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ThacoBell: It's a hug! :smile: We hope Lucas' throat clears up.
    Daw, thanks @LadyRhian , that's so sweet. I hope my ignorance didn't offend.

(Psst. Thanks for the save, @semiticgod )
    No problem. :)
    Update on my son. He ran a slight fever last night, but slept through most of it. He is closer to normal today, with no coughing fits so far, and his fever is broken. The wife and I even got some sleep last night. I think I may be catching whatever my son has now though.
    @ThacoBell That's going around the apartment here. We're all sick. :p
    At least he is getting better as I get worse.
    edited December 2018
    Edit
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Had the power go out during an update and lost everything on my PS4.

160 games worth of saves... from over 4 years.

The only silver lining is that good guy Atlus add a cloud save slot into their games so I was able to recover my 183-hour playthrough of Persona 5 and 100+ hour save of Dragons Crown.

I am such an Atlus fanboy right now.
    These articles made me feel sad.

When White Feminists Respond to Anti-Racism Like Men Respond to Feminism

https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/09/white-feminists-anti-racism/

Beware These 10 Types of Feminist Men

https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/08/reasons-to-beware-feminist-men/
    GO TO THE HOSPITAL. At this point dying is more of a concern than finances.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Sounds almost like severe obstructive sleep apnea which I have. I can't safely sleep without a CPAP machine.
    edited December 2018
    I actually feel a little worried now... As I lay down tonight I feel different and its making it harder to get to sleep... Ef I hate this!
    ThacoBell said:

GO TO THE HOSPITAL. At this point dying is more of a concern than finances.

I wish it was that easy..
    Zaghoul said:

Sounds almost like severe obstructive sleep apnea which I have. I can't safely sleep without a CPAP machine.

Just google that and... Nope can't afford it.
    @DragonKing Unless something is physically keeping you out, then go. Most hospitals have financial aid and debt collevtors will only follow through on their threats if they think they can get money from you. I normally wouldn't advocate not paying, but this is sounding like life or death.
    Something I saw today brought this to mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-xvlYMGck