Skip to content

BGII:EE and IWD:EE are back on Google Play

Comments

• ButterworthButterworth Member Posts: 1
    Has there been any news from beamdog on this?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Nothing new
  • DavelfusDavelfus Member Posts: 1
    Soon it will be 3 months since the games disappeared.
    Either you give us a deadline or start refunding.
    It really looks like beamdog doesn't give a crap and are not planning to fix it.
    Google is another piece of crap, steam and gog never removed access (even when the game was removed from sale).
    They even hide the purchase history of the games on gplay (had to search my google wallet history to find them).
  • Fizzlefy1Fizzlefy1 Member Posts: 4
    deltago wrote: »
    Fizzlefy1 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how this isn't theft? You gladly took $20 from me for two licenses to play two games then removed them from me with no warning or permission offering nothing by way of a refund. How is this not stealing again? Do the right thing and refund these.

The right thing would actually to make the games available again.

I don't want them anymore. I want my money back. Beamdog has proven they might just take them away without notice once before, why would I want to be set up again?
  • CavakCavak Member Posts: 27
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov for the updates. Excited to have BG2EE back. Been itching for a Bard playthrough.
  • wallaceprimewallaceprime Member Posts: 57
    Davelfus wrote: »
    Soon it will be 3 months since the games disappeared.
    Either you give us a deadline or start refunding.
    It really looks like beamdog doesn't give a crap and are not planning to fix it.
    Google is another piece of crap, steam and gog never removed access (even when the game was removed from sale).
    They even hide the purchase history of the games on gplay (had to search my google wallet history to find them).

Complain to google about the removal from your purchase history, i got a £5 credit on play store for it, as apparently thats not supposed to happen.

Not a refund but better than nothing
    Cavak wrote: »
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov for the updates. Excited to have BG2EE back. Been itching for a Bard playthrough.

? I don't see it. What do you mean?
  • Whisp3Whisp3 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019

I don't want them anymore. I want my money back. Beamdog has proven they might just take them away without notice once before, why would I want to be set up again?

It sad because I'm starting to feel the same. From what I remember the old games were great without any enhancing but Beamdog is the one that delivered them to various platforms. I have mixed feelings.

Today I've seen that one of the major distributors is offering BG EE with a huge discount but I'm unable to buy it. What if something goes wrong... Like it has Beamdog quality stamps all over it...
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Well, the EE are way better than vanilla in pretty much every single aspect (some people on this community will strongly disagree though).

I have a Steam version of every game (IWDEE, BGEE+SoD, BG2EE, PSTEE) and I'm pretty sure that I will never have this sort of problem.

I'm not defending Beamdog, I agree with you guys that this situation is absurd to say the least but the problem here is the quality of customer service, not the quality of the product.
    spacejaws wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how this isn't theft? You gladly took $20 from me for two licenses to play two games then removed them from me with no warning or permission offering nothing by way of a refund. How is this not stealing again? Do the right thing and refund these.

The right thing would actually to make the games available again.

Dude this is the nature of digital downloads. Tomorrow google could remove the entire digital library and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Go ask google for your money back while Beamdog tries to sort this out from their end.

I also want to apologize and thank JuliusBorisov for dealing with our insanity. I appreciate all the hard work you do to keep us informed and feel bad about the amount of stick you get given which pretty much amounts to bad luck.

Thank you Julius!

I'm certainly not denying Google removing them without a choice. But what now? Figure it out already.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    How long has the Google Play approval process taken for past updates?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Internally, we plan to complete everything needed from us till Monday. Then Google Play will have to approve the submission.

Does this mean everything holding up 2.6 is also fixed?
  • Whisp3Whisp3 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Internally, we plan to complete everything needed from us till Monday. Then Google Play will have to approve the submission.

Hmmm, that is great news! Now we have something to think about. Thank you Julius.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

I still can't talk about that.
  • SedaSeda Member Posts: 33
    A/A Beamdog
    Compre BG 2 e Icewindale en android.
    Ya no existe en android, ofrezcan una copia para pc o sería un timo...
    Sería diferente si el juego solo estuviera en android, en este caso hay alternativa.

Can you say what version of the game is going to be released on the Google Play store?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • OmicronOmicron Member Posts: 1

Will the blurry screen be fixed? Or it's the exact same version?
    Omicron wrote: »

Will the blurry screen be fixed? Or it's the exact same version?

It’s the last version released.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354

I there any truth to the rumor (that I just made up) that Julian Assange is a secret Baldur's Gate fan, and the whole reason we cannot get an update is that USA courts have a secret subpoena on the game assets and his play logs until such time that they get to prosecute him for leaking wikis?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    So... I'm reading that the update will be submitted Monday. It takes 1to 3 days, normally, for Google to review it. It should be in the store within 24hours after that. That means available by Friday. Is this correct?
    shabadoo wrote: »
    So... I'm reading that the update will be submitted Monday. It takes 1to 3 days, normally, for Google to review it. It should be in the store within 24hours after that. That means available by Friday. Is this correct?

As long as google doesn’t nix it for some reason...

Hopefully Julius will be able to tell you all if and when it gets approved.

Fingers crossed.
    Ok, there're reasons Beamdog doesn't give ETAs usually. I gave you one last week and turns out we couldn't make it.

We ran into additional issues and believe we won't be able to fix it till July. Sorry, all.

There was something that prevented new builds from happening, then this something was fixed. We are working on the issue but couldn't make it till yesterday.
  • TypicalTypical Member Posts: 2
    Lol@beamdog such a major fail. Seriously my nan would offer better support for your products and she's been pushing up daisies for years.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    kloose wrote: »
    So we still do not have a game or money. You are cheaters and liars. And you've also stolen my money.

Ps. Maybe throw the topic on reddit, to warn people against the purchase of Beamdog games.

To be fair, it's only Android, right? On PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad, all is well?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    kloose wrote: »
    So we still do not have a game or money. You are cheaters and liars. And you've also stolen my money.

Ps. Maybe throw the topic on reddit, to warn people against the purchase of Beamdog games.

To be fair, it's only Android, right? On PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad, all is well?

Steam-PC user here and everything is fine there.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2019
    Beamdog sells a game on Steam. No one ever loses access to their Beamdog game from Steam.

Beamdog sells a game on GoG. No one ever loses access to their Beamdog game from GoG.

Beamdog sells a game on Google Play. It mysteriously vanishes from Google Play.

As upset as people are, it should be pretty clear that this is, in fact, Google's doing. The only platform from which Beamdog content was ever removed is under Google's exclusive control.
  • wallaceprimewallaceprime Member Posts: 57
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Beamdog sells a game on Steam. No one ever loses access to their Beamdog game from Steam.

Beamdog sells a game on GoG. No one ever loses access to their Beamdog game from GoG.

Beamdog sells a game on Google Play. It mysteriously vanishes from Google Play.

As upset as people are, it should be pretty clear that this is, in fact, Google's doing. The only platform from which Beamdog content was ever removed is under Google's exclusive control.

It's not mysteriously vanished, Google changed its t&C's in line with GDPR, which has been around for quite a while.

IWD and BG2 did not comply with the new t&C's, so were pulled.

Beamdog have taken an unforgivably long time to resolve the issue, apparently now not till July, that's what? Going on 4 months with no end in sight? utter utter shambles.