Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

SoDs story is criminally unvalued. Its themes fit fantastically with the series and are consistent throughout.

Also Caelar is the best antagonist in the series.

OH BOY HERE WE GO
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ..here we go for the second.. third.. umpfteenth time in this thread already? :P
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    To be fair, it is the unpopular opinions thread.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i could always mention neera for the 4th time if you want.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Cut me some slack, this thread has been running for awhile. ;)
    Chrono Trigger is NOT the best time travel JRPG. Radiant Historia is.
  • American Cheese is delicious and really should be classified as proper cheese and not an oily yet chalky byproduct of pit fiend fornication.

American Cheese is delicious and really should be classified as proper cheese and not an oily yet chalky byproduct of pit fiend fornication.

Somehow, I don't believe you ;)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    ThacoBell said:

Chrono Trigger is NOT the best time travel JRPG. Radiant Historia is.

Get out of my cell phone.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I'm sorry to hear you are in jail.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

American Cheese is delicious and really should be classified as proper cheese and not an oily yet chalky byproduct of pit fiend fornication.

Honestly, I'm pretty convinced that that stuff's just plastic that's dyed orangeish-yellow.

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    lroumen said:

I'm sorry to hear you are in jail.

Bad choices and lack of opportunity, man...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Playing as a mage charname is a complete waste of time when Edwin is available.
    You are all kidding yourselves, you'll never make the grade. :p
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    RVNS said:

I know I am way late to the party but here are some of mine.

-Valygar actually has a good storyline if you think about it.
    -Viccy is overrated and poorly written
    -Anomen's fall or rise in the ranks is one of the best implemented morality conflicts
    -IWD has the most replay value
    -BG1 has better gameplay than TOB

About Valygar: Indeed ,he's quite the fleshed out character . I suppose he ain't as popular as other SoA npcs because he has charisma/group interaction.
    About Viccy: I would call her stereotypical, not poorly written. On the other hand, she's my favprite romance!
    Anomen's : I wish there was a third, neutral option ...
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

Edwin can't cast Chaos with a -6 save penalty.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    And he’s... Edwin. No thanks.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    redline said:

Edwin can't cast Chaos with a -6 save penalty.

And he’s... Edwin. No thanks.

Pah!

Mage envy....
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Edwin's inability to cast Detect Invis/True Sight is a significant liability if you rely on your mage to defeat enemy mages. Also, his mediocre Wisdom makes Wish resting a lot harder, and those bonus spell slots he gets don't apply to a Project Image, which can actually nerf his ability to fully exploit that spell more than you'd realize.

there are mountains of potions of insight at temples in BG2, and even in ToB the temples come in with quite a few as well, even random drops will sometimes drop potion of insight
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Also, Edwin is a human. A gnomish illusionist has +5 to their save vs. spell, plus a -2 penalty to their Spook and Blindness spells. Likewise, an Enchanter gets a +2 bonus against enemy enchantment spells as well as the abovementioned -2 penalty to their own enchantment spells.

Edwin also has poor DEX unless you give him the Gauntlets of Dexterity, which means you can't give the gauntlets to Keldorn or Minsc or Anomen or another tank.

Besides, once you reach a certain point, extra spell slots become less meaningful.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Forget what everyone else has said, Edwin just being edwin is enough to not like him.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    aside from the stereotype that they are underpowered I argue that beastmaster and wizardslayer are two of the most fun to roleplay.
    sarevok57 said:

there are mountains of potions of insight at temples in BG2, and even in ToB the temples come in with quite a few as well, even random drops will sometimes drop potion of insight

Feh, potions are for people who didn't min-max or metagame enough!
  • Also, Edwin is a human. A gnomish illusionist has +5 to their save vs. spell, plus a -2 penalty to their Spook and Blindness spells. Likewise, an Enchanter gets a +2 bonus against enemy enchantment spells as well as the abovementioned -2 penalty to their own enchantment spells.

Edwin also has poor DEX unless you give him the Gauntlets of Dexterity, which means you can't give the gauntlets to Keldorn or Minsc or Anomen or another tank.

Besides, once you reach a certain point, extra spell slots become less meaningful.

Soooo ...... Gnomish Enchanter would be the way to go. Call him Casanunda as a tribute to Terry Pratchett. Perhaps he is the riveting, if short, poet speaking through the poor vessel that is Garrick outside the Radiant Heart building in Athkatla?

A Gnomish Enchanter? Bah, next you'll be suggesting a druid that progresses past Level 14.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

A Gnomish Enchanter? Bah, next you'll be suggesting a druid that progresses past Level 14.

The game has to be modded to have a gnomish enchanter. With my mods, it is possible, but purists wouldn't like it.