Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i disagree with finneouspj. you did nothing wrong, mom is a bad actor with wrong values, and girlfriend did wrong to call you and tell you about how her mother is feeling as that's not your problem (nor is it her's). your relationship has got nothing to do with parents' impressions of either of you.

in your place i'd ask your gf if she's upset about the whole episode. if she is, she's not independent enough emotionally from her mom and you two are not 100% on the same page.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977

So are you going to acquire the tools and skills now that you've found them lacking

I don't have a car so I don't need and didn't need those tools or skills. Even my gf said, " I always got a guy to do it". I was and still am willing to change the car's tire but she is the one who should have those tools on hand, not me. I'm not going to always be there to do it. She said she's going to start looking for a wrench now but I'm not freaking molecule man, I can change matter on a molecular level to create a tool I don't possess.
    That's fair. Still it would a nice opportunity to make a good impression on your gf and her mom.
    Her mom is a 50+ straight off the boat Korean. Only way I'm going to leave a good impression on her is by making a six figure salary while my skin pigmentation lightening up by 100%. And i am not even joking... Both the mother and auntie problem with me is I'm not rich and I'm not white or Asian.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    bob_veng said:

i disagree with finneouspj. you did nothing wrong

I didn't say they did anything wrong. What are you talking about?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @FinneousPJ @bob_veng: This thread isn't here for any debates over semantics. Let it go--or discuss the issue in a PM thread.
    @semiticgod He called me out. As did you; perhaps you should lead by example.

So are you going to acquire the tools and skills now that you've found them lacking

I don't have a car so I don't need and didn't need those tools or skills. Even my gf said, " I always got a guy to do it". I was and still am willing to change the car's tire but she is the one who should have those tools on hand, not me. I'm not going to always be there to do it. She said she's going to start looking for a wrench now but I'm not freaking molecule man, I can change matter on a molecular level to create a tool I don't possess.
    That's fair. Still it would a nice opportunity to make a good impression on your gf and her mom.
    Her mom is a 50+ straight off the boat Korean. Only way I'm going to leave a good impression on her is by making a six figure salary while my skin pigmentation lightening up by 100%. And i am not even joking... Both the mother and auntie problem with me is I'm not rich and I'm not white or Asian.

Well, it might be worth a shot anyway!
    @FinneousPJ: Very well. I'll lead by example, and drop it.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Well, I tried to change mine, and the lug wrench socket cracked. Didn't help at all. Sometimes, even having the right tool doesn't help. :P
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Tires, amiright?
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Why can't bicycles stand up on their own? Because they're two-tired. ;P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    Sorry guys. I think we have gotten too much off topic. This thread is where we can vent our sorrow/unhappiness.

There are many other threads that can hold the joy and mirth we all treasure - at times. So I will ask that we honour this thread, by not straying.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm taking a medicine that makes me fart so much that not even my dogs are standing around me.

I think I'm literally venting my sorrow.
    That's an unusually rough deal, @Raduziel. I hope the medicine only needs to be taken temporarily--or that you can find a good substitute.

That's an unusually rough deal, @Raduziel. I hope the medicine only needs to be taken temporarily--or that you can find a good substitute.

It's for an exam, but I'm quite positive that the doctor is just trolling me.

Everything will be over in a week. Good, because I don't think my marriage would stand more than that lol.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm just here to express my disdain for and disspaointment in western entertaiment industry.
    Please carry on.
    O_Bruce said:

I'm just here to express my disdain for and disspaointment in western entertaiment industry.
    Please carry on.

Bollywood and the Iranian movie's industry are there to entertain you. Never watched them but a friend said that there are some really good stuff in there.
    Raduziel said:

O_Bruce said:

Please carry on.

Bollywood and the Iranian movie's industry are there to entertain you. Never watched them but a friend said that there are some really good stuff in there.
    But do dey know da wae?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Raduziel said:

O_Bruce said:

Please carry on.

Bollywood won't protect me from other western form of, let's call them "entertaiment", media. Such industries as videogames are becoming cancerous as well. Western comics too. I once planned to get into them, but now, after learning how incompetent writers are and how hostile creators are towards their own customers, I have more than enough reasons to never support this industry.

At least I have alternative to support in this case.
    @O_Bruce
    You? Imagine how I feel. Places like Marvel and Wizards of the Coast use to be my dream jobs. But paying attention to the current climate of how they are right bow is just end up being another ethan van sciver without the fan support since id be nee blood.
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited September 2018
    @Raduziel

No such thing as killing D&D.
    They can't take our old copies away from us because we have hard copies and pdf's of everything.
    They can make bad products now and in the future but that doesn't take away anything from the already existing vaults of material.

Plus there are a ton of fantastic D&D inspired games such as Pathfinder.
    And a trip by DriveThruRPG shows just how creative and polished the self-publishing indie scene is becoming.

Wizards may own the trademark but the players own D&D. It's in our bookshelves, our hearts, and our imaginations.

They may be assholes but I don't think the situation is double bomb threat worthy.

...Now I feel old.
    .pdfs? Peasant! I still have the hardbacks! I am legit old skool. ;)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If its not hardback, its not a book.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    edited September 2018
    ThacoBell said:

If its not hardback, its not a book.

If its not a paperback, you’ve paid too much..

But on a more serious note. Western culture is in a decline as well. Take litterature. A ton of talent out there, and the readers care for naught but detective novels. As if we didnt have enough stories about some police detective who tries to catch a brilliantly gifted serial killer whilst battling his/hers personal demons. They all end in the same manner:
    The butler did it
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    I've been slipping back into depression as of the last few days. everything I've drawn has just been garbage. Started page four of the comic today and it was garbage!tries to refine page 1 and it was garbage. The flame that kept the shaman alive, the artist working and the belief that i was making my dream a reality is dying and i just don't know what to do.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.