Skip to content

You know it's a normal day in the forum when...

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @BelgarathMTH I hope you aren't implying that anyone with a lot of forum points is intentionally forming a clique or think themselves as somehow better than other posters. In fact, I have a lot of words as to how forum reactions here have directly lead to me being more social than I ever have before, even irl. But I don't want to derail the thread. Can a mod please split this off into its own discussion?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think it's normal for a forum to have a small number of posters who spend lots of time on the forum and make posts, a large numbers of "lurkers" who seldom post comments, and a lot of people in between those two extremes. I think all three groups are vital to the community: the first group posts content for the enjoyment of the second group, and the third group adds variety by making posts that the first group wouldn't think of. Some people just like posting more; others just come here to read stuff.

I don't really think about who exactly belongs in which vaguely-defined, unnamed group, and I don't attach any importance to it. I do have a special attachment to certain forumites, but that has more to do with their personalities rather than their strictly game-related posts.

I haven't really noticed a decrease in traffic lately. Looking at the stats, we have a dip in traffic for this month, but this month is only 2/3 over.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I only post when I've got something worth sharing to say, so that's why despite having been here for as long as the old guard "clique," I've got a post count that they could make in just six months or less. I log on here every day just to check out what's going on, though.

I have an unorthodox solo no-reload run of LoB I've been wanting to start for the better part of the year, but modded XCOM 2 has thoroughly engrossed me recently. Long War 2 really scratches the turn-based-strategy itch something fierce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    895. When I discover that someone was banned and I have no idea why.
    @Raduziel: The moderating team posted a short message on his wall.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    896) When somebody asks a moderator to reconsider the ban and put that person on double-secret probation instead. Guys...?
    We're afraid not, @Balrog99. The moderating team only makes decisions unanimously, the decisions are never done without intensive discussion beforehand (in this case, months of it), and moderator decisions, as the Site Rules themselves state, are final and not up for appeal or discussion.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yep. We are the Learnean Hydra of Moderating teams. :)

We're afraid not, @Balrog99. The moderating team only makes decisions unanimously, the decisions are never done without intensive discussion beforehand (in this case, months of it), and moderator decisions, as the Site Rules themselves state, are final and not up for appeal or discussion.

Sorry, @semiticgod. I'm sure you had your reasons. I must be missing something.
    LadyRhian said:

Does that mean every time you lose a moderator two moderators take their place? That could get ugly after a while! ;)
    897) When you're trying to watch a show you DVR'd a week ago but keep having to rewind it because you can't help checking the forum to see if anybody replied to your last post. Seriously, I've watched the same damn scene 4 times now!
    Balrog99 said:

LadyRhian said:

Does that mean every time you lose a moderator two moderators take their place? That could get ugly after a while! ;)
    ::Laughs.:: Something like that. We are Moderation. We are all Moderation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8alOqJXCw
    LadyRhian said:

Balrog99 said:

LadyRhian said:

::Laughs.:: Something like that. We are Moderation. We are all Moderation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8alOqJXCw
    I'm expecting @Minion to chime in anytime now...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    SHH! Don't summon it!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I don't even want to think what would happen if Minion assimilated the Borg... No there's no chance it would be the other way around.
    mlnevese said:

I don't even want to think what would happen if Minion assimilated the Borg... No there's no chance it would be the other way around.

Keep cutting off heads and eventually @Minion WILL be a moderator!
    @Balrog99 Aw, Bullwinkle! That trick never works. You need flame to defeat the Learnean Hydra...
    LadyRhian said:

@Balrog99 Aw, Bullwinkle! That trick never works. You need flame to defeat the Learnean Hydra...

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
    CamDawg said:

π) CamDawg shows up in a long-standing thread and posts without reading any of it

< 1000) @CamDawg gets a like just for showing up.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Maybe it's like Beetlejuice
    *Ahem*
    @Minion
    @Minion
    @Minion

There let's see if it works now