Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited August 2019
    @lefreut Hey, don't blame me!!! YOU were the one who implied moderation was too extreme! I merely clarified the situation.

By all means, continue your criticism of Beamdog. It is not, and has never been against site rules.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddess
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    *sigh*

I just want a meaty patch 2.6 to hit us already. Then more staff can be appointed to work on NwN:EE fulltime.
    Beamdog promised to remake all of its models and textures after all. And this process desperately needs far more employees than Beamdog was previously willing to deploy for this project of theirs.

That... and economically speaking I really don't see a point to work on the IE's beyond patch 2.6 anymore. WotC put a massive lock on any future DLC's for them. Meaning no additional income is to be expected from these products. Other than what their console ports may possibly reel in, I mean. But beyond that? Any mobile or desktop player which still doesn't own the IE:EE's would most likely wait for another 60+% sales drop. Which nowadays seems to happen once every other month, or so.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2019
    Whenever a thread is moderators patting themselves on the back for their own moderation policy and forbearance there is a problem. That you choose to create this environment you can't blame people for not feeling welcome to express any opinion that is counter to your PR message and automatically having a Moderator (in this case Tresset) jumping in and stirring the pot to keep pushing a poster who is already flaming even further.

Congrats, deescalation is another yet another thing that is terrible about Beamdog's official communication representation.

Edit: For clarity.
    FlashburnRaduziel
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @zenblack, where is the Mod team patting themselves on the back, can you quote the part where this happens?
    ThacoBellricoyung
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Why was the new PS:T game scrapped?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Why was the new PS:T game scrapped?
    Why, indeed... *sigh*
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    4) Wizards of the Coast has nothing to cross promote with a new Planescape game like they have with all their recent releases:

Lords of Waterdeep and Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation are board games, with the latter also being a heavily promoted module.

Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms pretty much cross references characters from other D&D products.

Baldur's Gate 3 is tied to Decent in Avernus and the game allegedly takes place after that module.

They even tried cross referencing the EEs with the ill-fated dice, camera, action pack.

So with no way to use it to sell copies of another product, they put the title on indefinite hold until maybe they do decide to do a new Planescape 5e setting.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrspacejawsPrince_Raymond
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2019
    Question: NwN EE - When will the "missing" al_wt_* sounds be restored to NwN EE. Either that or make it so that the ambient folder in the Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder is actually referenced. Example both rain sounds (al_wt_rainlight1.wav and al_wt_rainhard1.wav) are currently silent both in game and in the sound properties. Now I happen to have diamond and so could try copying these over to the Ambient folder but they still remain silent.

TR
    Prince_Raymond
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    I got Tyrants of the Moonsea like a ninja but I want to wait for the renderer patch and any visual updates to actually play it through.

Are we getting a blog entry in August or any new information soon?
    JuliusBorisovshabadoo
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    1varangian wrote: »

Are we getting a blog entry in August or any new information soon?

Yes, the plan is to publish a blog entry about the renderer till the end of August.
    anastielJFKAedanlolien
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Technical NWN:EE question: As of the latest Development branch, neither the config debug UI nor settings.tml have "always-reset-encounter-spawns" as a visible setting that the player may toggle on or off. Does this mean that the game will always reset the CR (Challenge Rating) of enemies spawned based on the level of the character by default? Or, was this simply overlooked? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all?
    ricoyungSkatanStummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Technical NWN:EE question: As of the latest Development branch, neither the config debug UI nor settings.tml have "always-reset-encounter-spawns" as a visible setting that the player may toggle on or off. Does this mean that the game will always reset the CR (Challenge Rating) of enemies spawned based on the level of the character by default? Or, was this simply overlooked? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all?

That's one of the settings that has not yet migrated to tml. So just overlooked. Thanks for letting us know.
    Prince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @JuliusBorisov You're welcome, sir. Happy to help. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It is almost September. Where is the 2.6 patch that was weeks away in July?

Best,
    MERLANCE
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Abandoning a platform or cancelling a patch would reflect really badly on them as a company and the resulting backlash from that would be worse than before. It's not really something a small company can afford to do. So I believe the patch will come eventually...When however is the big question and the longer we have to wait the more annoyed people will be.

But even angry and critical feedback is good imo.. Silence and indifference is what you have to be afraid of.. When people stop logging on or caring altogether.. That's when you're in trouble.
    RaduzielSorrowSeerPrince_Raymond
    I hear you. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer I can provide at the moment, but trying to do that ASAP.
    Raduzielbatoorlolien
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    While waiting for the renderer post...

Is Beamdog still committed to overhauling the UI for NWN: EE? The UI never was the strongest point of NWN visually. When the graphics improve, the GUI will probably look even more dated on top.
  • fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
    I was reading the beamdog blog about the 2.6 BG2EE/IWDEE update and it mentions 64-bit builds - does that mean specifically that all EE games will be moving to 64-bit builds on windows - 64-bit exe's, or is it just referring to Android and other platforms?
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    When will we get Tyrants of the Moonsea in the Beamdog store?
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    When will we get Tyrants of the Moonsea in the Beamdog store?

I second themazingness's question.
    I have NWN:EE through Beamdog, not through Steam, and I'd like a chance to play the new premium module as well.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited September 2019
    Timbo0o0o0 wrote: »

It might, but that doesn't help if he wants Tyrants of the Moonsea from Beamdog. Some people don't want to use Steam, and others like me prefer to have games outside of Steam when possible.

It's true that you can use those Steam keys and get Tyrants of the Moonsea from the Steam store afterward, but that means you'll lack it in the Beamdog client. If you use Beamdog it's likely you don't want to do it this way.
    TarotRedhandThacoBell
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    edited September 2019
    Raduziel wrote: »
    "in the console version".

Great. Just [expletive] great.
    Indeed great, as it is backported to the pc version.

Good...but how big is the release gap between the console version and the PC update going to be?

If we get the console version first, then the console gets a looong and intensive hotfixing tango and suddenly we have 2020 and there is still no definitive announcement of the PC update aside from "Hopefully soon"...then people might get angry.

It would make beyond obvious which consumers are the utmost priority and which ones are old news.

Hopefully that isn't the case.