Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I'm almost certain there's a weapon in NWN1 which also references another hero who killed the Unseeing Eye. Some people really like this reference.
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrRedRodent
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Let's not think about it too much. If we ignore some plot holes, we can erase Abdel Adrian from IE canon and replace him with this guy.
    Montresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Jansel and Gretel?

v2eohup5p2rr.png
    JuliusBorisovmonico
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Did you know that the devs got a small bit of canon wrong when making Siege of Dragonspear? The ending cutscene shows:
    Dynaheir and Minsc being captured alongside charname.

But this is impossible because:
    Minsc says in Chateau Irenicus that he and Dynaheir HEARD about your capture and tracked you to Athkatla, which is where they were captured.

Whoopsie ;)

This is a question of interpretation.

Our travels are the stuff of legend! Our victories the subject of song! How could I not follow to find my friends after they disappeared? This is a BG2 quote from Minsc.

The SoD ending doesn't show Dynaheir and Minsc exactly, it shows enemy figures attacking and capturing the main character (the player who is watching the video). So there is still a chance Minsc was left there and had to follow those who disappeared.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited May 2020
    @JuliusBorisov There's actual dialog from Minsc that says he and Dynaheir heard about your capture and came to look for you. Its not an interpretation.

If Minsc was there, why would he and Dynaheir have only HEARD of your capture? The wording doesn't make sense unless they were not present at the attack.

Unfortunately, I've been having a problem over the last few days where I can't run Beamdog games. Still trying to figure that out.

I was worried I might have misremembered after @JuliusBorisov 's post. I can't find a quote of the dialogue, but I'm not the only one who remembers Minsc saying he only heard of your capture and had to track you down. I keep finding references to it in other forums and at least one wiki online. Anyone able to confirm?
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Daevelon
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    jmerry wrote: »
    In addition to skipping the Athkatla city gates, it's possible to reach the government district or temple district in Athkatla without revealing the bridge that you should have had to cross.

pw032ofcrop6.jpg

To see that, try leaving the slums on the eastern edge of the map the first time you're there.

i never realized thats what the bridge district is for.
    Wise_GrimwaldMontresor_SPStummvonBordwehrmonico
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    megamike15 wrote: »
    jmerry wrote: »
    In addition to skipping the Athkatla city gates, it's possible to reach the government district or temple district in Athkatla without revealing the bridge that you should have had to cross.

pw032ofcrop6.jpg

To see that, try leaving the slums on the eastern edge of the map the first time you're there.

i never realized thats what the bridge district is for.

I've never 'had' to cross the bridge in order to get to the northern areas, in fact it's always irked me that whenever I travel to the bridge district I always arrive at the northern end no matter where I've traveled from (mind you I'm still playing v1.3 so what do I know?).
    megamike15monico
    you always start at the north part of the bridge as thats where it's main quest starts. making it the connection between the south and north part of the city pointless.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    If you rescue the "thugs" from Silke, each of them can be piclpocketted for a potion of defence? One of them has some jewels as well.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The three "thugs" each have a potion of defense; whichever one you speak to will give it to you as a reward.

Now, if you manage to speak to more than one of them simultaneously, you'll get that potion from each of them. I got two potions of defense the last time I played it.
    ThacoBellAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @jmerry I'll have to investigate to see if you can pickpocket three potions AND get the reward from two of them. You shouldn't be able to, but you never know. Pickpocketting three seems fair enough as it is more than possible that each could be carrying a potion of defence. However having pickpocketted them, it SHOULDN'T be possible to get a further one as a reward, but in BG stranger things have happened. :smile:
    AerakarmlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Level 1? If the Lady of Pain doesn't come with level drain immunity, an SoD wight could one-shot her.
    Montresor_SPThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I'd hate to know what she'll be like if she ever reaches higher levels! :fearful:

(Of course a wight would first have to get into striking distance and then get past that pesky 100% resistance to anything.)
    The resistance to everything doesn't help there; only immunity to +N weapons would stop the wight's attack.
    The Lady doesn't have any such immunity, according to that post.

Other no-save instant-death effects against low-level creatures:
    - Cloudkill: poison immunity protects against it.
    - Death Spell: magic resistance protects against it.
    - Holy Word, Unholy Word: Is the Lady true neutral? If so, she's immune.
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Okay so funny story: Before I Aerie, created this account I was originally going to make an account as Neera. However the name was already taken (I'm pretty sure), so I took my rightful place as Aerie instead.
    JuliusBorisovBalrog99monico
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The Lady of Pain's 100% MR would block Cloudkill and Holy Word as well, but an SoD wight's level drain would bypass it.
    Montresor_SPWise_GrimwaldAerakar
    edited June 2020
    Most of Holy Word's effects are blocked by MR, but the instant death effect isn't. Same for Unholy Word. You need either 4 HD or a non-opposed alignment to survive. (Looking at the spell in BGEE and BG2EE here)
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarsemiticgoddess
    Skitia wrote: »
    Speaking of Aerie, after Saradush is sacked, she has a hardened variable that gets activated and receives new battle cry lines. She is the only NPC that receives any hardening like this. It's a nice touch to show her continued development.

that would explain why she cuts off the romance with Haer'Dalis after saradush is destroyed.
    iwd ee's story mode does not work with npc mods. only the created characters.
    semiticgoddess
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Have you noticed that the ONLY reason Skull Trap is a necromancy spell is because the thing that explodes is a skull? If it were an exploding rock or something, it would not be a necromancy spell.
    Chroniclersemiticgoddess
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Have you noticed that the ONLY reason Skull Trap is a necromancy spell is because the thing that explodes is a skull? If it were an exploding rock or something, it would not be a necromancy spell.

I feel like you could say that about most necromancy spells.

Ghost Armor is only necromancy because it's armor made out of soul stuff. Other armor spells aren't necromancy.

Animate Dead is only necromancy because it's a skeleton you're producing to set on your enemies. Other spells that perform similar functions are classified differently.

"Death" is a kind of difficult theme to tie any specific functionality to, when most gameplay mechanics are already directly or loosely part of an attempt to kill. Think Draining Health is the only function exclusive to arcane necromancers. And healing in general if you include divine necromancy.
    monico