Skip to content

BG EE Mods and modding tutorials quick links

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I see Rogue Rebalancing is written down as RR in the modlist. This is good enough for old diehard fans of the mod, but for new players the full name would give info on what the mod is when skimming the list.
    mlneveseCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Son_of_Imoen You're right. Changed that.
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    Saradas Magic has http typo in the link.
    @So_LoW Fixed. Thanks... That teaches me to never attempt to edit a huge html post from a phone :)
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Hi mlnevese,
    in the section "Banter" you could add the Ajantis BG1 Expansion Mod, that adds a friendship track with Ajantis. Languages are English, French, German, all language versions playable in BG:EE.

Download link Ajantis BG1 Expansion
    Erg
    @jastey I will as soon as I'm close to a computer. We all know what happens when I try to edit this thread on a phone :)
    CrevsDaak
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    edited November 2013
    @mlnevese Please update the link to DLTCEP - original post links to version 7.6a, current version is 7.6g which fixes a lot of problems.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Utilities/DLTCEP 7.6g/

Changelog since 7.6a:

v7.6g
    - added bgee specific flag to area (per area water transparency)
    - fixed area editor resizing (again)
    - added use_lang flag to weidu parameters
    - fixed extracting tileset into bmp

v7.6f
    - fixed area editor window resizing
    - fixed many off by one errors in the area editor that may have caused memory corruption
    - you can change ambient radius via mousewheel in the ambient selection mode
    - shift click will relocate the ambient in ambient selection mode
    - spell assign key entry generator for BGEE
    - unused large files finder for BGEE
    - creature loader updates window before small inconsistency popup appears (otherwise it breaks the load)

v7.6e
    - don't corrupt area if it has map notes but no rest interruption header
    - item bam checker improvements
    - correctly allocate wed walls to wallgroup lists
    - auto correct missing tileset offset
    - some new flags in area and projectile (BGEE specific)

v7.6d
    - scanning of variables now handles scripting names in areas
    - updated resource checking
    - vef editor

V7.6b
    - ambush area reference checks (wmp)
    - fixed item description checker feedback
    - fixed several problems in the wed editor - added .glsl fileformat to the resource list (textfile)
    - fixed last opened bcs/baf logic
    @jestey Added, thanks :)

@prophet1 Updated, thanks :)
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    aTweaks v4.21 is partially compatible with BG: EE. PnP creature components are still unavailable.
    jackjack
    @Wisp added under tweaks. Thanks :)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @mlnevese - An OS X Wineskin version of the latest EE Keeper (1.0.2.1) can be found here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25118/ee-keeper-1-0-2-1-for-os-x-via-wineskin
    CrevsDaak
    @AstroBryGuy Added under Tools, thanks.
  • LazarusdeathLazarusdeath Member Posts: 1
    Can somebody give me a link to a site that explains how to install mods on MAC OSX. I get how to make the mods so they will work, but dont know how/where to put the mods within the BG2 folder. Thanks
  • rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    I remember there being a mod that basically applied the reputation discount for lower alignments too, (it was role played that Infamous parties scare shopkeepers into granting lower prices) but does anyone know if it is compatible with BGEE?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    rathe101 said:

I remember there being a mod that basically applied the reputation discount for lower alignments too, (it was role played that Infamous parties scare shopkeepers into granting lower prices) but does anyone know if it is compatible with BGEE?

yes it is

• jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    I have a portrait pack that could go under the Portraits and Sounds section. It includes overrides for all BG1 NPCs, all non-NPC portraits besides those done by Jason Manley, as well as including several custom options for the player character.

The link to the thread is http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16864/new-stylized-portrait-pack#latest
    @jakaminski Added under portraits, thank you :)
    jakaminski
  • jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    Thank you, I appreciate it :)
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited November 2013
    Tools... and you missed this? :)

http://www.simpilot.net/~sc/dltcep/updates.htm

The bits that mention NI are slightly out of date now Wisp has released an EE compatible version but it won't take a modder long to figure that there's one extra click in there now. The rest is all still accurate but could really benefit from an update to add the new DLTCEP functions.
  • xzar40000xzar40000 Member Posts: 3
    what do i do if the mods say the tp2 is not present but it is in the file folders i downloaded from the links on this page
    edited November 2013
    Make sure both the mod's .exe and its file folder are in the same folder with your game's baldur.exe and chitin.key files.
  • xzar40000xzar40000 Member Posts: 3
    thay all are and it still says the same thing
    @xzar40000 What mod are you trying to install?
    @mlnevese Since the title says "modding tutorials" we probably should have a link to IESDP somewhere in here (http://gemrb.org/iesdp/main.htm). Maybe under "Modding resources"?
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2013
    I forgot to add the link to "Saradas Magic 2" :)
    Now converted for BG2:EE and with new contents added. Can you add it to the list pliiiiiiiiiis (Imoen voice)

forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25512/bg2-ee-soa-mod-saradas-magic-2-eng-v-1-2
    @Yovaneth @prophet1 Both ae under Tutorials now, thanks :)

@Saradas Added :)
    Saradas
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited December 2013
    @mlnevese 'Portraits for reclutable NPC, and important not-reclutable NPC'

reclutable = recruitable?
    mlnevese
    @Yovaneth Yeap. I just kept the author's thread title...
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Shouldn't the mods list go unto the BGEE mod section by now ? Most, if not all of these mods don't apply to BG2EE.
    Nope. This thread has mods that are compatible with BG2EE as well. Either I purge all BG2 mods and move the thread to the BGEE section or I go on adding mods to the list that are compatible with both games and keep it in the general modding section.
    jackjack
This discussion has been closed.