Skip to content

State of Ascension

Comments

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    George lucas / star wars lesson... its never to late to make some "last minute edits" when you do a grand rerelease even 20 years later when technology catches up to your ideas :)@Quitch‌

@Cuv‌ been monitoring this thread for a bit. ive really never moded my games much before but this is something im majorly interested in even though i havent finished tob yet (bought the game when it came out but never picked up the xpac until the EEs). I hope you get your ascention "enhanced edition" release at some point.
    jackjackCuvCrevsDaakSage
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You're all wrong...he made it using parts from many different corpses of several species...humanoid and otherwise.
    wubbleJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    On-topic: does anyone have any technical suggestions for this new Slayer bug in BP-Ascension? Because as it stands, anyone who uses that version of the mod won't be able to make it past Spellhold - they'll die the first time they try to rest after that mandatory transformation...
    jackjackwubble
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    shawne said:

On-topic: does anyone have any technical suggestions for this new Slayer bug in BP-Ascension? Because as it stands, anyone who uses that version of the mod won't be able to make it past Spellhold - they'll die the first time they try to rest after that mandatory transformation...

Oh dear, I just started a play through with BP ascension : (
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    new slayer bug? How new? I thought that was fixed with the 1.2/1.3 patch (forget which).

Also an update on the Sendai death bug - there is no bug. That was fixed last year, got confirmation from Horred on that. The reports are old reports.
    mlneveseCrevsDaak
  • RooksxRooksx Member Posts: 57
    shawne said:

I think I've hit on an imperfect solution. Make sure you have Debug Mode enabled in your baldur.ini file. After changing to Slayer and reverting to human, use Ctrl-R (restores to full health) on your PC. You can then rest as normal.
    wubblejackjack
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Rooksx said:

shawne said:

I think I've hit on an imperfect solution. Make sure you have Debug Mode enabled in your baldur.ini file. After changing to Slayer and reverting to human, use Ctrl-R (restores to full health) on your PC. You can then rest as normal.
    Ctrl+R is the only option atm. The issue with the slayer bug is that the human reverse form doesn't work properly. It will reverse only the skin and direct changes on stats, but all the slayer immunities and specific variables are kept, they don't reverse with human form. That's why the damage per time continue even after we reverse to human form.

I may be absolutely wrong, but maybe reset all the variables on main char when human form is clicked could solve the problem temporary (and maybe lead to other problems, who knows).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    shawne said:

Can we not turn this thread into another mindless spamfest? You can use the Adventure Y thread for that; do try to stay on topic here.

Although I agree that this thread is maybe not the best place for jokes, I think that overall having a little chatter is better than to open the thread each day and see no new comments at all as there's no news on the "state of ascencion".

From the two variants I would prefer the first one.
    CrevsDaakNimranMusigny
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @Quitch‌ I second this.
    Quitch said:

God no, I don't want to have to wade through multiple pages of nothing just to find the real news once it arrives. Not to mention that spamming people with notifications only for them to come find more noise will ensure less people bother checking the thread when something meaningful happens.

This.

One reason I am not posting too often.
    I'm bookmarking an interesting thread and I see nothing but pages of noise, instead of the thing I was interested in.
    jackjackshawne
    dib said:

Extract this into your override folder. Slayer change should now work properly and no damage will be taken after you end the slayer change.

:)

jackjackMusigny
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Talking about Slayer. Can someone make a ovverride file that makes me able to stay permanently in slayer mode, without dieing?

Even better if the permanent duration is also for the destroyer.
  • JadJad Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone done a run with both BP-Ascension and Sword Coast Stratagems? Apparently (from the SCS readme) they are incompatible and it's suggested to just use the original Ascension instead. Of course since the original isn't compatible with Enhanced Editions that also causes problems.

Those two mods are the most important IMO for BG2 and I'd like to use both but it seems the only way to do that would be to skip out on the EE and go back to vanilla. So can anyone confirm or deny that the two mods are incompatible? Has anyone come up with a solution to play BG2EE with both Ascension+SCS, or should I just stick with the original game?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @Jad: from my personal experience, the combination of mods/settings I'm running that includes SCS + BPA crashes the game at some point towards the end of ToB. I could investigate further, but since I don't really have time to play right now anyway it's on hold (like so many BG things...).

However, I have heard reports from several places that most of the issues between SCS/BPA have been dealt with in some way, and that it is indeed playable for a lot of people. IIRC you should *only* install the Ascension part of BP and not anything else to prevent conflicts with SCS - that should at least in theory be fairly safe to do.

In any case, I would strongly suggest you make liberal use of savegames as you near the end of ToB/any major battles in ToB to safeguard against possible catastrophic failures.
  • esengeasesengeas Member Posts: 23
    I am getting a bit confused I must confess, I might be overlooking something obvious here, but there seem some contradicting posts. Is the mod ascension in any way installable on baldurs gate 2 EE? and if so where can I find this working version and how do I install it? And if it is in no way playable, is there an eta on when it will be playable? Me and a friend are planning on playing through it soon, and I would like him to experience ascension if possible.
    Ser_ElrykwubbleCrevsDaak
    esengeas said:

I am getting a bit confused I must confess, I might be overlooking something obvious here, but there seem some contradicting posts. Is the mod ascension in any way installable on baldurs gate 2 EE? and if so where can I find this working version and how do I install it? And if it is in no way playable, is there an eta on when it will be playable? Me and a friend are planning on playing through it soon, and I would like him to experience ascension if possible.

Ascension is not compatible with BG2:EE. No ETA.

The Big Picture Mod (http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/546-the-big-picture-v181/) includes a version of Ascension that can be installed on BG2:EE. There's no official beta testing going on (and you'll want to use the override file attached a few posts above this one, for starters) but that's the best option on the table.
    jackjack
    esengeas said:

Big Picture Ascension does work, but I'd recommend only installing the required BP components and the Ascension components. The other mods have caused me all kinds of problems.
    jackjackCuvCrevsDaak
  • esengeasesengeas Member Posts: 23

Big Picture Ascension does work, but I'd recommend only installing the required BP components and the Ascension components. The other mods have caused me all kinds of problems.

So if I do not install the unnecessary components it will work? or does it still have a lot of problems?
    esengeas said:

So if I do not install the unnecessary components it will work? or does it still have a lot of problems?

It's hard to say for sure. BP-Ascension uses special scripts for a bunch of creatures and I think some of these cause problems, such as the demons you fight in the final Ascension battles. The annoying bug I kept getting was where after killing all those demons, I wouldn't be able to save the game as I would keep getting the "there are monsters about" message despite the clear lack of any.

I'm using SCS and installed the component so that all the Ascension demons use SCS scripting. I haven't tested it yet though to see if this sorts out the problem.
  • Max_DamageMax_Damage Member Posts: 48
    Whats better ascension or scs II?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Whats better ascension or scs II?

Both. Together :D:D HEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE (mind you that I still play BGT because of this).
    wubble
This discussion has been closed.