Skip to content

Little things that annoy you

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Is there a green dragon somwhere?
    kcwiselolien
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, right.Isn't Draconis also a green one?
    kcwise
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2015
    Cahir said:

Is there a green dragon somwhere?

Since I was talking about Draconis, I remembered that there also is a green dragon guarding Abazigal's lair. Fll'Yissetat is easy to forget since you can release her and avoid the fight.
    kcwiseCrevsDaaklolien
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    molloy said:

bengoshi said:

Ohh, another little thing that annoys me is...

inability to equip the second weapon when there's a two-handed weapon in one of the main hand's slots

I'm not sure, if I would call this still 'little'. That weapon-equipping-inflexibility is so aggravating!

Definitely agreed. (BTW that's one thing "Alliance" has on the original games, the controls let you equip two-handed, dual-wield or single-wield & shield AND ranged weapons at once).

kcwiselolien
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105

molloy said:

is so aggravating!

Would you say it's disturbing to your demeanour?
    Absolutely!
    jackjackkcwiseCrevsDaaklolien
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Yes, the inabilty to have a range item slotted with either 2h or DW drives me batsh*t crazy.
    kcwiselolienBrer_Rabbit
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    You can definitely use all ranged weapons available to your character's class alongside any 2H weapons, each with their own quick-weapon slot.
    kcwiseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • SymphonyofSwordsSymphonyofSwords Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2015

It's really annoying how with some spells like Shocking Grasp and Ghoul Touch you have to hit or the spell is wasted. Mages aren't exactly great at hitting things unless those things are already paralyzed (in which case Ghoul Touch is kind of pointless).

Harm + Critical Strike HLA is a fun combo for multiclasses, though.

kcwiseCrevsDaaklolienKilivitz
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Ya I meant DW and Shield , basically a dual wielding ranger is the most frustrating.
    jackjackkcwiselolien
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    To be fair, I like Shocking Grasp in Throne of Bhaal because by that point it deals a lot of damage but also because by that point you can cast Bigby's Clenched Fist which is a guaranteed stun, so you can automatically hit with it. But otherwise I never use it (in Baldur's Gate, anyway; Icewind Dale is a different story).
    jackjackkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    O_Bruce said:

I'm annoyed by Shar-teel's weapons proficiences in Enhanced Edition. I liked her as a brutal, charge-straight woman, not as "thief dual please!" Also:

- Druids being less viable than clerics.
    - Intelligence, wisdom and charisma having little to do with dialouges options.
    - You cannot be pacifist in the game, unless you want to have 0 GP. (when encountering bandits in BG1, you either kill them or give up all your gold, no matter if its 200 or 2 thousand)

- try the Avenger kit, u will change ur mind corcerning druids. You just have to play it like you would a mage.
    -on the other points I'm with you. Atleast some epic banter would be nice!
    kcwiselolien
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    My shapeshifter is currently kicking bottom, that might be because I'm playing SCS with the improved shapeshifters component though. his druid spells are really handy either way you think about it, insect plague stops those pesky SCS mages from ripping me to pieces.
    lunarkcwiseSmilingSword
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I politely disagree. Even if kits are ok, the unkitted class is not. Clerics aren't able to summon Fire Elementals? I recall them being able, at least in standard non-EE BG2. Unless I remember wrong.

The way I see it, clerics are meant to be better supports, while druides were meant to be better attackers. But, this is hardly the thing. Even if druids have some good spells, like insect plauge and it's variants, it's not too much to choose from. They have about as much attacking capability as clerics, who were supposed to heal and buff the party. In comparison to IWD, Druids have little choice in regard of offensive spells, and their shapeshifting skills are useless - only Shapeshifter's are good for something, and that's in unmoded game, with no increased difficulty and cheating enemies.

My opinion is also not directed from Cernd or Jaheira, who's my favourite, btw.
    kcwiselolien
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    O_Bruce said:

I politely disagree. Even if kits are ok, the unkitted class is not. Clerics aren't able to summon Fire Elementals? I recall them being able, at least in standard non-EE BG2. Unless I remember wrong.

Via Elemental Summoning, they have a chance for it but otherwise clerics can't summon elementals. And never could. Except Aerial Servant.
    kcwiselolienThacoBell