Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    So no more patches until SoD? Ye-ye-yeesh... my Sun Soul Monk still doesn't work all the time. :P
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    They probably just have special icon for dragonspear because who wants bother with intro and clicking throught all menu everytime when they need to check something in reall game, right?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

I am under NDA. You can tell me everything! (rolls charisma check)

Everything? Really?
    Okay... You're a horrible, horrible person for trying to spoil the surprise we're holding for you and have been working so hard to keep secret :P
    Question.
    Will there be support for making a custom-made party like in IWD:EE without needing to use the Multiplayer-thing? I'd like to make a party with a certain Archer, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, Caster, and Assassin. . . .

(Sorry if this was asked before. I don't remember it being asked >_>)
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Vallmyr said:

Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

Everything? Really?
    Okay... You're a horrible, horrible person for trying to spoil the surprise we're holding for you and have been working so hard to keep secret :P
    Question.
    Will there be support for making a custom-made party like in IWD:EE without needing to use the Multiplayer-thing? I'd like to make a party with a certain Archer, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, Caster, and Assassin. . . .

(Sorry if this was asked before. I don't remember it being asked >_>)
    I seriously doubt that those would go along..
    Also, I just noticed it, but ...is Amelyssan Bhaals Grail? oO
    Also, I admit tzhat she is cute, but why did he trust her in the first place? oO
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    His priesthood is hardly the most trustworthy group of people. So I doubt he had much choice in the matter.
    elminster said:

His priesthood is hardly the most trustworthy group of people. So I doubt he had much choice in the matter.

You have a point and considering how it ends in the fifth edition, he *may* have enticipated it ^^
  • AntaraReisAntaraReis Member Posts: 26
    Is the list of new items locked?

I'm hoping for some decent belts, ioun stones, amulets and rings. Trinkets like these are underrepresented in the game. Especially belts. One is hard pressed to find an interesting belt in either BG or BG2.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Is the list of new items locked?

I'm hoping for some decent belts, ioun stones, amulets and rings. Trinkets like these are underrepresented in the game. Especially belts. One is hard pressed to find an interesting belt in either BG or BG2.

I think the girdle of masculinity/femininity counts as "interesting".
  • AntaraReisAntaraReis Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2015
    wubble said:

I think the girdle of masculinity/femininity counts as "interesting".

Granted, but how about some belt for fashionable ladies who want to stay ladies? ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited July 2015
    Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

Everything? Really?
    Don't worry I will die before revealing that secret! I take my NDA very seriously :smiley:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    elminster said:

mlnevese said:

elminster said:

If it hasn't been stated already by one of the higher ups I'm pretty much not going to talk about it.

Did you know that Daran Highhammer is primarily a worshiper of the dwarven god Marthammor Duin, though on the heels of battle he's been known to say a prayer or two to Clangeddin Silverbeard.*

*This is not official I've just made it up.
    An infidel! Do we get to burn him? :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    We already know the Shining Lady's real name is Caelar Argent.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Yay! A well-written, multifaceted lady villain! We certainly needed one after Melissan... *shiver*
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Damn, Avellone sure knows how to get people on board of hype train. Can't wait for SoD.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2015
    This is really excelent.

The Shining Lady is by far the most interesting thing until now in Siege of Dragonspear for me. I already was expecting her to be a Paladin, a beacon of hope and goodness, to exposure the putrid essence of the bhaalspawn.

It will all depends on her voice actress, but I'm seeing to be born a villain as good as Sarevok and Irenicus were.

Also, is it just me that is eager for beamdog to add her as a NPC in Baldur's Gate 2?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160

It was a valiant effort, mlnevese

Damnit, give me back my BG1 sprites!! D:
    @Vitor she is not a born villain, she is the heroic antagonist accordin to mr. Avallone. ;-)

But I'm starting to think that SoD is actually nothing more than a ploy of Beamdog to get more writers &
    coders, so that they can create BG3 (it seems to work on Avallone...) :D

But seriously, thanks for the two links @bengoshi they made me even more hyped *_*
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2015
    Vitor said:

Also, is it just me that is eager for beamdog to add her as a NPC in Baldur's Gate 2?

It's not just you. :) Though if they were seriously thinking about doing that, I'd hope they'd start with M'Khiin, Corwin, Glint and Voghiln...
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    shawne said:

Vitor said:

It's not just you. :) Though if they were seriously thinking about doing that, I'd hope they'd start with M'Khiin, Corwin, Glint and Voghiln...
    Indeed, BG2 could really benefit from an expanded selection of companions. Obviously, I haven't met these new NPCs yet, but if they're anything like the previous companions from Beamdog I'd be willing to pay for a smallish DLC that added them to BG2:EE. Ideally, with some related quests as well.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Caelar...

Solar?

:o
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    My biggest hope is that with SoD, we'll get some uniformity between all of the Baldur's Gate EE games. Voicesets, portraits, more smooth transition between games... that's what is needed most in my opinion. Could be a mod that does that but I don't think it's made for EE. :(
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Vyrulisse said:

My biggest hope is that with SoD, we'll get some uniformity between all of the Baldur's Gate EE games. Voicesets, portraits, more smooth transition between games... that's what is needed most in my opinion. Could be a mod that does that but I don't think it's made for EE. :(

Could be... https://github.com/K4thos/