Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2015
    @Arcanis, MTH are my initials. Belgarath is a fairly popular fictional character among people who read fantasy literature, so the name is usually taken on most websites I frequent. When I decided I wanted to use it for an easy to remember personal screen name and user ID, I needed a way to make it my own, and I didn't want to use a number.

EDIT: I corrected my translation. I was going to leave my error translating "einige" in with overstrikes, but I can't find the command to make it work.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited August 2015

@Arcanis, MTH are my initials. Belgarath is a fairly popular fictional character among people who read fantasy literature, so the name is usually taken on most websites I frequent. When I decided I wanted to use it for an easy to remember personal screen name and user ID, I needed a way to make it my own, and I didn't want to use a number.

EDIT: I corrected my translation. I was going to leave my error translating "einige" in with overstrikes, but I can't find the command to make it work.

It should be < strike >, right?
    Good.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Not sure if this has been asked before but is there any way for all currently unused npcs to be set to the party's level in siege of dragonspear? I have a party in durlag's tower at the moment that doesn't include Minsc and I'm not sure I'm capable of trying new content without Minsc in my party.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Should We expect to get refreshing main screen for BGEE with/without SoD installed?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Cahir said:

@bengoshi surely will be like Zack Allan in Babylon 5 series. He will be last to turn off the lights :)

Off topic, but I couldn't resist: JMS himself turned off the lights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKtBPC9dXms
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I once ate a dog biscuit! Perfectly on-topic.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Dog :cookie:, Sugar :cookie: what's the dif eh.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Well, one is much better at keeping your teeth clean...
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    The sugar cookie?
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    any news on the game ?? almost month from the announcement, still no info on the possible translations ?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @bengoshi Where did you get that awesome artwork?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Aedan from the 1st page of this discussion:)

Actually, it's an art from http://uncannyknack.deviantart.com/ - John Gallagher - that dates back to 2013 - http://uncannyknack.deviantart.com/art/Dragonspear-Castle-389444857.

It was (maybe) the very first spoiler that the Adventure Y was about Dragonspear Castle:

"Dragonspear Castle never was in the original BG. It's a new one for the enhanced edition for the iPad. In fact, several new bonus areas and adventures were added."
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    bengoshi said:

Just a thought:

It would be awesome to have a tactical battle on that bridge... If there're possibilities to send you opponent flying down to the Abyss.

Combine that with the way Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark did that battle with the Valsharess and we're golden!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @bengoshi Thanks!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    bengoshi said:

Just a thought:

It would be awesome to have a tactical battle on that bridge... If there're possibilities to send you opponent flying down to the Abyss.

I wonder if that's the bridge that gets blown up in the trailer.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I'm getting the annual urge to play Baldurs Gate again this summer. I'll have to hold out for this.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    bengoshi said:

Just a thought:

One of my few regrets about the Infinity Engine is how little environments seem to matter. Its actually one of the reason I really love Saradush (with the annoying hurling stones of fire and the archers on the parapet). A bridge fight would be cool, but I don't know how they would implement that (and how you would get all the sick loot if someone falls off).
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    edited August 2015
    bengoshi said:

Just a thought:

Anyone knows if that picture exists in higher resolution?
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    Pecca said:

Anyone knows if that picture exists in higher resolution?

Only goes up to 1024x658 on a google search:
    http://img03.deviantart.net/9aeb/i/2013/211/f/c/dragonspear_castle_by_uncannyknack-d6fv5kp.jpg
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Maybe you fight them on the bridge and then as you descend into Dragonspear, you find their loot in the chasm >:3
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I need this nooooowwww
    I'm waiting to play my Cleric for a full trilogy run until this comes out :(