Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    deltago said:

Davide said:

deltago said:

Davide said:

come back on trail, when @Dee mentioned the character, I was actually trying to find a link between SoD and this element, but I didn't succeed yet.

Maybe @Dee is buying us all a copy of SoD. That fits doesnt it?
    Or, that someone provokes some troubles during the Crusade, and the PG has to make it up for it at his/her expenses?
    This is a RPG trope, and I would be surprised if it wasn't in the game already.

How do you outfit an army after all the iron in the region is crumbling and you single handedly in a foolish attempt to thwart your enemy drowned out one of the closest sources of metal in the region that could have been used for the greater good and hasten a rebuilding effort.

You will probably be paying for that choice, literally, as uncorrupted iron is imported in. How much depends on how well equiped you want the sieging force to be, or even having a limit on the metal and you have to choose how tondivide it (swords for everyone with leather armour, or chain for everyone, with clubs and quarterstaves.)
    Yeah but by that point you have like a bazillion gold pieces so it doesn't matter too much anymore.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Jarl said:

Yes, it never appeared in the original game and there exists no voice over, but a chapter-screen (GUICHP8B.MOS). It's some kind of unfinished business. Bioware took it out and the game ends with that outro-movie instead.

Is neera an more mature Quara from NWN2?
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    anyone knows if new npc in SOD , will have their own quests ?
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited September 2015
    Anduin said:

The Surgeon needs to be given more work to do...

Nexlit craves revenge from beyond the grave...

Coran is hunted by his unwanted offspring...

Melicamp yearns to open his own wizarding school and train them at the Meli campus...

Captain Brage sets forth to find those responsible for selling him THAT sword...

Larryl, Darryl and Darryl go on a road trip of epic proportions...

Yes... So many threads that need to be concluded...

Coran's bastard child is in the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic series (the comic series that reveals Minsc's return appearance in the 5th edition FR timeline). Since Coran is now one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, his bastard child (I'm not going to reveal his name) doesn't like him for giving up his principles to become one of Baldur's Gate's "illustrious oppressors".
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited September 2015

Coran's bastard child is in the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic series (the comic series that reveals Minsc's return appearance in the 5th edition FR timeline). Since Coran is now one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, his bastard child (I'm not going to reveal his name) doesn't like him for giving up his principles to become one of Baldur's Gate's "illustrious oppressors".

Wait wait wait. "His" name?

I thought Coran had a daughter.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

Aha... "Koveras" We know who you really are;)

http://opi.wiki/ranking/anticipated_video_games puts SoD on the 7th place among the Most anticipated video games after only TToN, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Tom Clancy's The Division, Half-Life 3 (what an not confirmed game is doing here?), Just Cause 3.

BTW, that site thinks the game will be out in 2016.

2016 ..

What the fuck ,

I almost think I can spend my money couple weeks later,

How about take my money first ?

Pre-Order , Pre-Order~~~~
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    bengoshi said:

http://opi.wiki/ranking/anticipated_video_games puts SoD on the 7th place among the Most anticipated video games after only TToN, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Tom Clancy's The Division, Half-Life 3 (what an not confirmed game is doing here?), Just Cause 3.

Look... I get that you've taken on the role of unofficial Beamdog hype man. And that's great, more power to you. But there's a very thin line between drumming up excitement and flat-out misrepresentation of facts, and you're getting close to crossing that line.

That site you're referring to? The highest-ranked game on that list has a sum total of twelve votes. SoD has eight. There's a poll there that asks to rate Beamdog as a game developer - three people voted, one of them gave Beamdog a 1, and that counts as 33% of the total.

So it's disingenuous (to say the least) to put this forth as if it means anything at all. Eight people on a wiki say they're looking forward to Siege of Dragonspear; don't make more of it than that.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited September 2015
    It's a wiki. I can go there right now and edit the page to say that the game's coming out in 2020.

If your purpose with this thread is to collect information that's actually reliable and has some kind of inherent value, pick your sources more carefully. And if you don't have alternatives, better to stay silent than to mislead people.
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    So? what's wrong with it being a wiki. It's nice to see this mentioned anywhere and it doesn't hurt this topic at all.

I actually don't care about rankings at all, and what I look forward when looking to this discussion is information that the devs have said, however, as said, informing about other mentions of the game, as minor as they may be, doesn't hurt the discussion since it doesn't give us false information regarding the game.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    shawne said:

It's a wiki. I can go there right now and edit the page to say that the game's coming out in 2020.

If your purpose with this thread is to collect information that's actually reliable and has some kind of inherent value, pick your sources more carefully. And if you don't have alternatives, better to stay silent than to mislead people.

it seems as tho you're feeling entitled to demand from him to do a good job of informing us. but it's a free forum, and he's not beholden to anything apart from the official rules of conduct.
    moreover, to mislead means to do so willfully and purposefully. it's insulting to indict someone of misleading others if it's not in your purview to do so (and it isn't), and especially if you can't back that up with anything (and you simply can't in this case).
    edited September 2015

Huh? Daughter? The gender of his bastard child wasn't revealed in the game, so I don't understand your confusion. Coran had a son, believe it or not, and his picture can be seen on the cover of the third issue of Legends of Baldur's Gate.

Remember, Breilbara, the woman Coran recently dated before going off wyvern hunting, was not single, she had a husband before he left her because he found out she was impregnated by Coran. Her daughter, Namara, is the one who was cursed by Yago that you are referring to, and Krydle is the bastard son of Coran that I am talking about. In other words, Namara is Krydle's pureblood human half-sister.
    Post edited by BladeDancer on
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    By the way, this is the article linked in the image (about how much Kovaras hates Beamdog):

http://opi.wiki/opinion/122056
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2015
    Oops, nevermind.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Kilivitz said:

By the way, this is the article linked in the image (about how much Kovaras hates Beamdog):

Wow, that guy has anger issues...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2015

Huh? Daughter? The gender of his bastard child wasn't revealed in the game, so I don't understand your confusion. Coran had a son, believe it or not, and his picture can be seen on the cover of the third issue of Legends of Baldur's Gate.

Remember, Breilbara, the woman Coran recently dated before going off wyvern hunting, was not single, she had a husband before he left her because he found out she was impregnated by Coran. Her daughter, Namara, is the one who was cursed by Yago that you are referring to, and Krydle is the bastard son of Coran that I am talking about. In other words, Namara is Krydle's pureblood human half-sister.
    The game does reveal the child's gender. Brielbara talks about Coran's daughter in her first dialog.

"Coran! So you've come back to the city, coward. What brought you back? Are you looking for another girl to seduce with your deceitful promises? Perhaps you'd care to know that you have a daughter."

Then Brielbara specifically says that the child is half-elf, not a human. In fact, it is because the child was half-elf that Brielbara's husband found out about the fling.

"Surprised that your fling had its consequences? My husband was none too pleased when my daughter turned out to be a half-elf. Yago went into a fury, nearly killed me in fact. If you care to remember, Yago was a mage of some power, power enough to curse our child to an early death. Little Namara won't live to see her first birthday. He's gloated to me that he possesses the reverse to the spell, but he won't give it to me. Since you're her father, Coran, you're going to find Yago and YOU ARE going to get the reverse of the spell from him."
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

The game does reveal the child's gender. Brielbara talks about Coran's daughter in her first dialog.

"Coran! So you've come back to the city, coward. What brought you back? Are you looking for another girl to seduce with your deceitful promises? Perhaps you'd care to know that you have a daughter."

Then Brielbara specifically says that the child is half-elf, not a human. In fact, it is because the child was half-elf that Brielbara's husband found out about the fling.

"Surprised that your fling had its consequences? My husband was none too pleased when my daughter turned out to be a half-elf. Yago went into a fury, nearly killed me in fact. If you care to remember, Yago was a mage of some power, power enough to curse our child to an early death. Little Namara won't live to see her first birthday. He's gloated to me that he possesses the reverse to the spell, but he won't give it to me. Since you're her father, Coran, you're going to find Yago and YOU ARE going to get the reverse of the spell from him."
    *points at all of this while tagging @BladeDancer *
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    bengoshi said:

Aha... "Koveras" We know who you really are;)

BTW, that site thinks the game will be out in 2016.

I don't agree with this user about Beamdog in general... they made BG more awsome! My main only complaint was the replaced intro movie, dreams and ending in Baldurs Gate 1EE.
    I prefer the original CGI video's.
    I mean... they could have created a pretty back drop and used the videos in there original format to look good on modern pc.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    All of his complaints are nitpicky and superficial. Which is fine - I like to engage in those myself. But those criticisms are not a serious basis for determining whether the EE's have merit. The cutscenes being weird or the default zoom level being too far back (which the player can change, I should add) have very little effect on the overall experience. It seems to me Beamdog made a bad first impression and Koveras hasn't stopped looking for faults ever since.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Guys, it's Koveras.
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86

Since the comics happen more than 100 years after the games, Coran had plenty of time for several bastards. It's implied in the comic that his son is just one of many children.
    edited September 2015

Why the hostility all of a sudden, tagging me? Anyway, I expected a screenshot of the dialogue, not the dialogue to be typed in, but it doesn't matter. Instead of arguing (For some reason I have a hunch you expect me to argue without evidence), I'll get back to you on this... After I replay the game with Coran in my party and see if this dialogue you placed under spoiler tags is real or fake. If it is fake, then it is possible his previous fling had two kids, one from her former husband and the other from Coran. If it is real, then it seems Coran did not learn his lesson after the events of Baldur's Gate.

@chbrooks I have the Legends of Baldur's Gate comics, the number of children Coran has had over the years is not implied at all, but his reputation as a womanizer is known to Ulder Ravenguard.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Why the hostility all of a sudden, tagging me? Anyway, I expected a screenshot of the dialogue, not the dialogue to be typed in, but it doesn't matter. Instead of arguing (For some reason I have a hunch you expect me to argue without evidence), I'll get back to you on this... After I replay the game with Coran in my party and see if this dialogue you placed under spoiler tags is real or fake. If it is fake, then it is possible his previous fling had two kids, one from her former husband and the other from Coran. If it is real, then it seems Coran did not learn his lesson after the events of Baldur's Gate.
    Fake?!?!?!

Couldn't resist a good meme. :wink:

FYI - I didn't type it in. I copied it from the DIALOG.TLK file using NearInfinity.

edited September 2015
    @AstroBryGuy Nice meme, lol. Even though you claimed you didn't type the dialogue in, I still remain skeptical because it can be done, and since I haven't done the sidequest before, only heard a few details about it, I don't know if you are being honest or not. I'm sorry, but from my perspective, you're Yoshimo, and I'm Haer'Dalis because its not easy to win my trust. The only way I'll believe you and @Nonnahswriter are telling the truth is to see the dialogue unaltered by playing the game myself, so don't bother trying to convince me further, I'll see this for myself, and if you're right, I won't deny it, you have my word.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Kilivitz said:

If you thought that was bad, there's the Gamefaqs forums for BG where people exist solely to bash Beamdog.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn