Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

To be blunt and to the point... What improved weaponry would you like to see in SoD?

13»

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 677
    I've always been a two handed weapon guy..So I would like a new halberd with an interesting weapon effect I guess.

Spears are also welcome!

JuliusBorisov
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 134
    I would like to see more poll options... Really I do... You have forgotten all the good ones again Anduin! Longswords? Halberds? Katanas? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ! ! ! Plus you have now made me start to sound like an aggrieved Neera... SHAME ON YOU ! ! !
    Bag of holding.

jamoecw
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I would like to see more poll options... Really I do... You have forgotten all the good ones again Anduin! Longswords? Halberds? Katanas? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ! ! ! Plus you have now made me start to sound like an aggrieved Neera... SHAME ON YOU ! ! !

Bag of holding.

???
    You mean you want the bag of holding as a weapon and damage dealt would depend on the amount of items in it?

Abeljamoecw
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,769
    edited November 2015
    I would like to see improved bastard swords. COME ON ! ! ! I chose this over Katanas because, apparently those 'Katanas' are as rare as pigs eggs. WELL. I have discovered finding magical bastard swords a bit of a... um... fatherless bind...
    brus said:

Bag of holding.

???
    You mean you want the bag of holding as a weapon and damage dealt would depend on the amount of items in it?

That's the favored weapon of the "Church Lady" cleric kit.

Post edited by BillyYank on
    Gallowglass
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 677
    edited November 2015
    Does anyone think the Sword of Chaos be available in SoD? Since you just got it off Sarevoks corpse I guess.

JuliusBorisovjustfeelinathomeArunsunWithinAmnesia
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,995
    I would like to see improved spears. Can we not add more points to the end? Forget tridents! I want a hexi-spear!
    It should be, because it's one of your items found in the Irenicus dungeon, and we know that SoD is about the events leading to that dungeon.

Gallowglassbatoorjustfeelinathome
    brus said:

Bag of holding.

???

I just want a bag of hoarding. Preferably one found at Winthrop's Inn, first level. Not that I have a problem letting go of the shiny ones.....

Skatan
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I just want a bag of hoarding.

I guess that's like a Bag of Holding, but much bigger, yes? :smile:

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I would like to see improved two handed swords. I have boy specific length issues...
    A bag of hoarding would be very... helpful.

At a push a portable hole.

Wait... we know already that Neera will be available...

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,433
    I would like to see improved spears. Can we not add more points to the end? Forget tridents! I want a hexi-spear!
    Spurrs.

AnduinSkatantypo_tilly

I just want a bag of hoarding.

I guess that's like a Bag of Holding, but much bigger, yes? :smile:
    Yes, this would be the MAGNUM XL of bags of holding.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,864
    wubble said:

Hey, I get it now: "blunt and to the point" are puns! :D I knew there was something about that title. :)

You would be good in insult sword fighting. ^_^

And I have a tip for you, get the point?
    The facepalms are strong in these two.

Anduin
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    I would like to see improved daggers. Yes. I hate having to loot skeletons for those throwing daggers, so heavy! And I can't even use the best dagger in BGEE, namely Xan's moonblade, no. Just give us a throwing dagger of decapitation +4 and I will be a happy bhaalspawn.
    I think daggers need to be improved in BG. Daggers for mage.

JuliusBorisovAnduin
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 484
    Spears should be improved.

2handed weapon that does the same damage as a short sword? Not acceptable !

Either make them one handed, buff the reach and/or damage!

AnduinJuliusBorisovGallowglass
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    I would like to see improved two handed swords. I have boy specific length issues...
    I would improve all twohanded weapons, mathematically even with the fighting style they aren't worth it.

I would recommend ading +1 dmg to the two handed second slot fighting style ;)

• TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    Two handed wepons look nice and have reach advantages but only +1 dmg!?! 3rd addition is half str bonus.

Two handed sword also got revised to 2d6 - see NWN.

What this beloved game really could use is more crafting weapons!

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I would like to see improved darts. Always useful to have a set of treble twenty seekers to impress the crowd in the local pub...
    It took me so long to learn to use the crimson dart. I get a single +3 dart?! I'm going to wait until just the right moment to use my special one-shot then... (cue years of saving up and never actually throwing the dart to discover its miraculous return)

Anduintypo_tillyGallowglass
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I would like to see improved darts. Always useful to have a set of treble twenty seekers to impress the crowd in the local pub...
    doh - replying to a month old message at the end of the previous page. Oops

GallowglassAnduintypo_tilly
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 484
    Tymaker said:

I would improve all twohanded weapons, mathematically even with the fighting style they aren't worth it.

Could you do the math on the Silversword with improv. Whirlwind vs. your favourite 2 weapon build?

Something like applying more STR damage on 2h weapons would be nice though