Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    OOC: Or the flying monkeys song from Wizard of Oz, just for Aerie :wink:
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The first bird strikes Arkanis for 16 total points of damage, flinging him down. The second goes after Ajantis, clawing and biting him for 4 total.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OOC: @LadyRhian can we get a HP count on everyone so we know whom to protect.

With his shield and mace, Anomen attacks the bird that had to swoop the lowest (the one that attacked Arkanis) in attempt to ground it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2016
    Minsc quickly checks if his witch and the Little Lady are safe. If they are, he attacks the nearest evil flying bag of feathers...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora attacks the bird that hit Arkanis with her short sword (unless it has flown off, in which case she will use her sling).
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Vallmyr said:

OOC: Sorry been gone for a little :3
    Also Nonnahswriter , your writing with Aerie is the absolute best~!

OOC: Aw, thanks! :blush:

I'm just gonna go with the unconscious-dream-sequence-thing and edit my previous post a little so it matches up. Sorry for the confusion, all.

Her stone flew wide, but it caught the birds attention. Aerie grinned and glanced about her, but her party members were gone. Satisfaction turned to panic as she searched fervently, head swaying back and forth, but she was all alone. Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen, Neera...

Even Neera.

The birds dived down at her, cawing for blood. Aerie threw up her arms to protect herself, but she wore no armor and had no weapons at her side. They pecked, and pecked, and pecked into her flesh again and again, beaks dripping red. Hopeless and despaired, Aerie fell to the ground and curled into a ball, begging every god she knew to make it stop.

On the outside, Aerie's unconscious body twitched, and a painful look contorted her face.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Vigilant One, aid us!" Ajantis screams as he prepares to attack the next overgrown excuse for a chicken to get near.
    "I can see some Halfling-sized ledges and cracks. I'm going to see where those Blood Hawks came from." Alora leaves her party to tend their wounds and starts to climb the cliff face.
    Ignoring Alora's remark, Jaheira grumbled, "So much for our valiant Paladin." They talked a big game, often and loudly, yet had precious little to show for all of the bluster.
    Alora finds the nest easily. Inside are three egg-sized cunks of Amethyst (worth 80 gp each), a silver amulet shaped like a writhing snake, larger than the one Jaheira rescued earlier (worth 5gp). That is all that is present in the nest.

From here, Alora can see the ledge break into two paths. One heads directly south, around the edge of the mountain, the other east, leading to a vast sea of grass with faint paths leading through it.
    Alora climbs down to tell the others what she has seen.

"There are two ways we can go. But we have to rest first. Shall we just make camp here and hope that nothing else comes along to attack us."
    OOC: Another snake amulet? Stock up on antidote potions! We'll stumble upon a fully stocked apothecary soon I'm sure. :)
    Alora is still in pretty good shape so she will take first watch while the others rest and heal. She will be sure to watch the skies in case of more bird attacks.
    You rest and heal, and rest agan to get your spells back. Camping on this narrow ledge is perilous, but warmer than on the upper part of the mountain. When the new day dawns, you are ready to continue.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    OOC: YEAH TIME TO CAST MORE MAGIC MISSILES! I should pick up the Mage armor spell when I get the chance.

OOC: Anomen prays for Magic Stone so he has some form of missile weapon against these flying creatures.
    "Another night in nature's garden," Jaheira murmured, happy to awaken in such an embrace. "We are very fortunate," she added, for they were truly that!
    Sword in hand and rolling to his feet before fully awake, Ajantis quickly scans for attackers through sleep blurred vision.

"Helm's Great Gauntlet, what befalls here?!"
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    "I... What?"

Aerie sniffed and tried to wipe her eyes dry, but the tears kept flowing, no matter how many times she willed them to stop. In the dark of her closed eyelids she still saw the room. She still felt the straps cling to her sweaty body. The saw's teeth ripping into her...

"N-Neera..." She struggled through every syllable, lips trembling, a knot of nerves in her throat. "Wha... What happened? Where are we, how far have we..."
    It was nothing Lady Aerie.

Just a bad dream. We all have them from time to time. We're lost on some mountain side if you do not recall.
    So, right around the mountain, or east, straight down into the grassland?
    "I think we should go around the mountain. There might be something hiding int he long grass."
    The quickest way back to the keep is the route we should go. We do not need to get lost in the wilderness due to our fear of being attacked.
This discussion has been closed.