Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited January 2016
    143 pages of the thread, nice job guys :smile: )
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72

I don't think it's some big secret that we're interested in continuing work on original BG-style games in the future. We love the genre, we love playing the games, and we know how to build them.

If we were to make an expansion or DLC for an existing game like BG2EE or IWDEE it would retain the same ruleset as the base game.

Any new D&D games that get made would use 5th Edition.

Personally I'd like to see even more content added for the Baldur's Gate games in the future before moving on to BG3 or a new IP. But that's just me =)

...that and of course Planescape: Torment EE!!!!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

And of course the Baldur's Gate kart racing game, Baldur's GTO, will simply be a reskin of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

I'm thinking

Sonic = Minsc (he's basically the star of the BG series at this point)
    Miles= Khalid
    Dr. Eggman = Sarevok
    Amy Rose = Alora
    Shadow = Montaron
    Knuckles = Kivan
    Big the Cat = Guenhwyvar

:D
    YupImMadBroJuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Ser_Elryk said:

I don't think it's some big secret that we're interested in continuing work on original BG-style games in the future. We love the genre, we love playing the games, and we know how to build them.

If we were to make an expansion or DLC for an existing game like BG2EE or IWDEE it would retain the same ruleset as the base game.

Any new D&D games that get made would use 5th Edition.

Personally I'd like to see even more content added for the Baldur's Gate games in the future before moving on to BG3 or a new IP. But that's just me =)

...that and of course Planescape: Torment EE!!!!!
    I think, looking at the wider landscape of how D&D (and Forgotten Realms within that) is being treated, as a cohesive experience, and the new Dungeon Masters Guild release/unveil AND the great fiction thats been coming out recently...its likely a fair bet that any BG like title would be Post Sundering, Forgotten Realms, and likely Sword Coast in focus to leverage not only the table top, but the BG, BG2, NWN, NWN2 and Neverwinter Online player base.

Now, NWN was a very different beast (which I cut my teeth on coding with, making Prestige Classes back many many moons ago and gave me a career) but its the marketing push behind the Realms as the 'face' of D&D that would make me put my chips in on it being a FR game.

All told though I dont want to get too far ahead of myself, if SoD was just wrapped in terms of content, we are several years out from a top flight game I would think, but hey its nice to dream. :]
    GallowglassBelgarathMTH
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    elminster said:

And of course the Baldur's Gate kart racing game, Baldur's GTO, will simply be a reskin of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

I'm thinking

Sonic = Minsc (he's basically the star of the BG series at this point)
    Miles= Khalid
    Dr. Eggman = Sarevok
    Amy Rose = Alora
    Shadow = Montaron
    Knuckles = Kivan
    Big the Cat = Guenhwyvar

:D
    Can Guen's figure be a hood ornament on her kart?
    Thaxllssillyia
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    wojtek said:

Still far from 1 million of views, though ;)
    wojtek[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bengoshi said:

wojtek said:

Still far from 1 million of views, though ;)
    Do you think they are waiting for a million views before starting the pre orders?
    [Deleted User]Anduinlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What I meant is that before, in the times when BGEE had not been released yet, threads like https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/4431/a-new-screenshot-approaches had gathered more than 1 mln views in no time. So, us discussing SoD on 140+ pages is still a job not complete :smiley:
    [Deleted User]
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited January 2016

It's hard to talk about Siege without being so vague as to say nothing or spilling some beans I am not supposed to spill.

I would post more leaked pictures, but Trent embedded his fists into my forehead and torso the last time I did it.

Ouch. Waiting for more new details is like waiting for a parent to give you permission to eat some sweet cookies. I want the cookies so badly, but I don't want to get caught with my hand in the cookie jar and end up grounded for another month, that's how I feel right now.
    lolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287

Ouch. Waiting for more new details is like waiting for a parent to give you permission to eat some sweet cookies. I want the cookies so badly, but I don't want to get caught with my hand in the cookie jar and end up grounded for another month, that's how I feel right now.

This looks like a job for @Nimran!
    NimranJuliusBorisovAnduinlolien
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2016
    Can I make a small request that what seems to be unique items(like Fallorain Plate, Sling of Unerring Accuracy in BG:EE) not have additional copies? Just read their description, they sound very unique to me.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Do we have some concrete informations about the Legacy of Bhaal mode? So far I think we know that it is similar to the Heart of Fury mode from Icewind Dale but there are a few threads which complain about the fact that IWD:EE Heart of Fury seems to be different from the original IWD Heart of Fury.

Plus the exact numbers would be appreciated (some say it's -11 to THAC0, others say it's -10 and so forth).
    JuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    over half a year since the first trailer of the game, maybe it's a time for a new info ? like price, localizations?
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    wojtek said:

over half a year since the first trailer of the game, maybe it's a time for a new info ? like price, localizations?

just forget about it.
    Gotural said:

Do we have some concrete informations about the Legacy of Bhaal mode? So far I think we know that it is similar to the Heart of Fury mode from Icewind Dale but there are a few threads which complain about the fact that IWD:EE Heart of Fury seems to be different from the original IWD Heart of Fury.

Plus the exact numbers would be appreciated (some say it's -11 to THAC0, others say it's -10 and so forth).

From http://www.gamespot.com/articles/remaster-of-classic-rpg-baldurs-gate-gets-new-expa/1100-6428778/:

"Legacy of Bhaal and is similar to the Heart of Fury mode which was featured in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition"

If it is really so, the Legacy of Bhaal will be exactly like the Heart of Fury in IWDEE. The facts about how HoF is implemented in IWDEE are here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44961/windows-heart-of-fury-mode-doesnt-give-ac-bonus-others and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/689055/#Comment_689055 - we still haven't heard, whether the things @Abel mentions (in terms of a difference between HoF in IWDEE and HoF in IWD) are a bug or not.
    GoturallolienAbelAnduin
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    wojtek said:

1325000 gp. Localised into Esperanto, Quenya and Klingon.
    Anduinmeagloth
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin starts wondering about what will be revealed...maybe...just maybe...a gazebo...*
    lolienwubble
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Given the date (August), I'm really hoping that'll be when you guys announce the next Beamdog game. And that by then we all have beaten SoD a few times and over-analyzed it to death around these boards.
    [Deleted User]NhullJuliusBorisovlolien

Well, the fans' support is 100% at least!
    lolienGoturalAstroBryGuy
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Strange math....
    wojtekcmk24lolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    It's so true. There were so many times when I thought I was almost done with a project, only to realize later that I hadn't even been halfway done at that point.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bengoshi said:

Well, the fans' support is 100% at least!
    so the first 20% was a cake walk, the middle 60% was hard, the last 20% is insanely difficult.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    What is that, like 60% bonus content?
    lolien
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    I'd say all bug fixing and consistency and the finishing touch make it longer than expected, rather than new content.
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2016
    Heh, something said in every IT/Software office everywhere. I go with the last 10% being the worst of it, but I can accept that formula as well.