Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @OlvynChuru @bengoshi @Gotural: If that's true, it should be possible to make any character invincible if you spend enough time on it, as you should be able to take a character through the Hell trials in BG2 and repeatedly decrease their HP in the Selfishness trial. A 101 HP character would have to do this 50 times, but it should work.
    GandalolienProont
  • GandaGanda Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2016
    @semiticgod As I understand it Charname would have to be at level 1. Can you have a level 1 Charname in BG2EE? I don't actually know.

EDIT: nvm... post above.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    The problem is that BG2 is filled with enemies with instant death abilities, Beholders, Mind Flayers, Death Spell and so forth, so even a level drained character with 1 max HP would have problems to stay alive in the second game.

And maybe it doesn't even work in BG2:EE, I never tried.
    lolienGandaCrevsDaakProont
    @OlvynChuru: Unfortunate. A multi-class could theoretically get some HLAs out of the deal, since it could be level drained back down to 1/1 and level drain doesn't take away HLAs or kit abilities, but there would need to be an XP amount that would make both classes the same level, I think.

@Ganda: The idea would be to create the character in BG1:EE and import it into BG2:EE. Is that no longer possible in EE? It was possible in vanilla.
    GandaProont
    Cloak of Mirroring should block other forms of damage. Buffs from another party member should also help out, for the few damage spells that aren't flagged as Offensive Damage specific types.
    JuliusBorisovGandalolienProont
    @Ganda: Is it possible for that character to use Slayer form and survive?
    GandalolienCrevsDaakProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited January 2016
    bengoshi said:

It already sounds like an interesting run idea. I'd be happy to read about a playthrough with such a character.

I haven't tried it much, but I don't think that having a partially invincible character would be that interesting. The battles where some of the enemies can kill the character would be fun, but there would be plenty of battles where none of the enemies have any way of hurting the character, so there would be no way to lose.

Montresor_SP
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Did you know that:
    -While Firkraag looks like a classic AD&D red dragon, Nizidramati and Adalon were designed to look like the 3rd edition versions.
    - Although is BG2 was released quite at the same time as D&D 3rd edition (and its changes in the Faerun), chronologically the Bhaal saga happened about 5 years before .
    GandaJuliusBorisovProont